Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
On the create a player side of things, can't remember if it's a thing in Cricket or not, but I would love a semi-random stat/attribute assigner. The thing that always gets in my way when I think of something like creating my local team or mates is the attributes, since they get more and more in depth with every new sports game.

Of course there needs to be the option to set everything down to the number, but I'd love a way to set an overall target and then pick from some templates, like midfielder, ruck, forward etc. Like create the player, then just say "I want an 89 rated forward", and the game would just assign a range of attributes within a range to come up with that, ie. Kicking 90, marking 85, accuracy 94, speed 78, spoiling 39, handball 62, etc..."

Obviously you could then adjust if you wanted, but would make making batches of players a lot simpler if you weren't fussed over their exact stats and just wanted something playable.

Edit: Thinking about this more, even a "copy" function would be fine. Copy Brodie Smith's attributes and I'll fine tune it from there.

Last edited:
I personally think that there should be a change to the guernsey options. There should be the ability to choose a guernsey, a pair of shorts, and maybe socks all separately. Then we can make good clash options and even test some fun ones like Eagles with a clash guernsey and home shorts or Lions wearing home shorts with their clash.

I hope they get the basics like where players position themselves. Have players press up the field, flood back and zone properly.

Have proper tactical nuance, better spare man tactics, a better rotation system for the bench, allow your half forwards to play as extra mids or hold their forward position and more.

One thing I liked about AFL evolution is the easy evasion/fend off system. Maybe because I was top 15 and would abuse it.

But it comes down to if CPu can tackle you the game becomes a stop and start game. With easy evasion you could fend off the cpu once and create some sick plays. But ofc if you fend off one the next fends off should be much more difficult. A stop start game is when you grab the ball cpu would just tackle you in a second (higher difficulty). Ball up or you have to slam on it the boot without thinking.

Graphic is going to be important I recently purchased AFL evolution 2 on new gen and put it in and then just had to stop. Compared to big ant tennis I just couldn't play it because of it. Just can't look like AFL evolution 2 graphics.

I don't think a AFL game had a subpar interchange system or which control over which player goes on which. Yeah that's something that would be cool. But ofc it is more applicable to hardcore AFL footy fans.

Also it shouldn't be difficult to test how much control we as players get during game time but a simple test I would run is if I place a tagger on player X what are the impacts. What the outcome should be is the player X gets less possessions. And you see tagger up close to him. Any other outcome puts into question the control we have.

Agreed with player flairs. Somebody like rioli should be able to have flair like no look hand passes or insane handpasses flair. Skills should stand out

Last edited:
I hope big ant have a player progression system like their cricket games. Players can work up from domestic teams to the national sides. Would be great to see drafts full of players who have played for their u18 and state teams in game. How cool would it be to get drafted in a pro mode and you notice a handful of your u18 teammates getting drafted too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope this game has deep team/player and coaching tactics so every team plays different and every game feels different. And also in coach career mode you get to play as the reserve’s side and players have form so you can decided who to call up to seniors and who to drop

Are you planning on making players feel different.

Will I get outmarked if Im Caleb Daniel and end up on Aaron Naughton.

Can I run down Charlie Cameron with Todd Goldstein?

Are you planning on making players feel different.

Will I get outmarked if Im Caleb Daniel and end up on Aaron Naughton.

Can I run down Charlie Cameron with Todd Goldstein?

Agree, can’t be able to do this, also would love to see the stars of the competition dominate games as well, not just every player on an even playing field. Also wouldn’t mind having the ability to work players under the ball but sometimes you could get pinned for in the back etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think badges have been huge for NBA2K. Yes they fit into their monetisation model, but they make the star players feel unique.

Some examples?

Cunnington/Dusty have a boosted fendoff. Jeremy Howe has increased chance to take a hanger. Charlie Cameron gets a speed boost running towards goal with ball.

Also make sure player ratings have an impact on gameplay.

Im not sure what set shot mechanic you're rolling with, but it needs to be easier kicking with Tom Hawkins than with Levi Casboult. Ed langdon should be able to run out games with minimal impact on stamina.

That's a great idea but surely that comes in after a proper sock administration system. If you can't adjust them mid game or change them at half time it will be a day one return.
Honestly if there isn't a suck pulling minigame before set shots why are we even bothering?

Hopefully in coach career mode you have to manage everything off the field. Players moods/wants/needs. The team salary sign players through out the season not just at the end

Good call, if this is the case hopefully they make it realistic, like in the trade period for example, previous games obviously not being big ant you could trade a third rounder for say Sam Walsh. Which won’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back