Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Never said that, I said I'm going to invest in Big Ant nonetheless. I bought Live 1 twice, and none of WW games, so you know what bandwagon I'm on there.
You are not making sense:
1. You say you’d prefer bigant to take another two years on it before releasing it- so it reflects every aspect of the sport.

2. Because you would like to have the chance to simulate most of the stuff you see in the real sport.

3. You will buy the game this year anyway?

Two scenarios:
A) wait two more years for AFL23 to release with 8/10 gameplay
B) get a AFL23 with 7/10 gameplay now, and AFL25 with 8/10 gameplay in two years

Similarities: Each outcome results in the same time it takes to get the better 8/10 gameplay you’re after.

Differences:
-Big ant will make more money from two games instead of 1.
-Fans will not be deprived of the best AFL game this year and won’t have to wait 2 more years to get a game they would get anyway😂

You are not making sense:
1. You say you’d prefer bigant to take another two years on it before releasing it- so it reflects every aspect of the sport.

2. Because you would like to have the chance to simulate most of the stuff you see in the real sport.

3. You will buy the game this year anyway?

Two scenarios:
A) wait two more years for AFL23 to release with 8/10 gameplay
B) get a AFL23 with 7/10 gameplay now, and AFL25 with 8/10 gameplay in two years

Similarities: Each outcome results in the same time it takes to get the better 8/10 gameplay you’re after.

Differences:
-Big ant will make more money from two games instead of 1.
-Fans will not be deprived of the best AFL game this year and won’t have to wait 2 more years to get a game they would get anyway😂
I said, ideally I think it would be better if they had even more development time, as a response to people getting mad at them for taking a little extra more time. You've taken them out of context as me boycotting them, which isn't at all what I was getting at. Another thing I have mentioned before, Big Ant may not even get another crack at this, we never know with The AFL's licensing department, so why wouldn't you want them to try for the best sim possible for this game? I'll still buy it to get the best AFL gaming experience, to invest in Big Ant, also to see where they can improve on.

I said, ideally I think it would be better if they had even more development time, as a response to people getting mad at them for taking a little extra more time. You've taken them out of context as me boycotting them, which isn't at all what I was getting at. Another thing I have mentioned before, Big Ant may not even get another crack at this, we never know with The AFL's licensing department, so why wouldn't you want them to try for the best sim possible for this game? I'll still buy it to get the best AFL gaming experience, to invest in Big Ant, also to see where they can improve on.
That view is understandable if you are worried bigant will not get another crack. But that won’t happen. They have the AFLs full backing and if this game is successful there will be no reason to change it. Bigant are free from Tru Blu, are growing as a company by the year.There are no better hands for this game then bigant. We know it, the AFL knows it and Bigant know it.

Ideally Wicked Witch never get the AFL license and Big Ant have 10+ years of development behind the release of AFL 23 but we don’t live in an ideal world.

Ideally Wicked Witch never get the AFL license and Big Ant have 10+ years of development behind the release of AFL 23 but we don’t live in an ideal world.
Especially from that perspective, we should make the most of the development time Big Ant do have, not be mad at the extra development time they have with it.

Last edited:
Hi BigAntStudios & JNT BA, I've gone back over 314 pages and not sure if there was an answer to the question around what the noticeable differences there are between the PS4 & PS5 versions?
I'd think it's the same as what Evo 2 did with their performance boosting graphic settings, fans will be less detailed and probably have a limited number of animations, takes a lot off

BigAntStudios JNT BA i had an idea for Star Team mode if it’s not to late it kinda comes form what 2k have done with their NBA2kMYTeam where you can Purchase Virtual Currency to buy Packs for players in game.

Where when going onto their Auction House where you can Purchase Players Being Sold by Previous Owners they use a different form of currency to purchase them which can only be earnt in game and not brought.

I feel like this type of thing could limit the influence that players get calling it a pay to win game mode and there’s actually some sought of luck and playing the game involved in acquiring the players.

Personally coming from a seasoned NBA2k MyTeam Player I have the ability to constantly acquire teams of max overall players without spending a single cent just by playing the game and not “paying to win”.

I feel as though having two separate currency’s for purchasing packs and buying and selling players on a auction house type deal would limit the influence of people easily being able to make these Ridiculous super teams and turning people away because they feel there is no point in playing due to that fact as well as it could help the longevity of the game allowing players to grind there way to acquire these players.

On that another thing that 2k does really well is rewards inside the mode where you can acquire players for doing certain challenges in game.

I know it’s a-lot of information and you have probably already looked into it. But I feel as this forum is used for giving ideas I may as well state a very decent one in my opinion ( Ant Coins for packs and the points could be called Star Team Points hehe)

BigAntStudios JNT BA i had an idea for Star Team mode if it’s not to late it kinda comes form what 2k have done with their NBA2kMYTeam where you can Purchase Virtual Currency to buy Packs for players in game.

Where when going onto their Auction House where you can Purchase Players Being Sold by Previous Owners they use a different form of currency to purchase them which can only be earnt in game and not brought.

I feel like this type of thing could limit the influence that players get calling it a pay to win game mode and there’s actually some sought of luck and playing the game involved in acquiring the players.

Personally coming from a seasoned NBA2k MyTeam Player I have the ability to constantly acquire teams of max overall players without spending a single cent just by playing the game and not “paying to win”.

I feel as though having two separate currency’s for purchasing packs and buying and selling players on a auction house type deal would limit the influence of people easily being able to make these Ridiculous super teams and turning people away because they feel there is no point in playing due to that fact as well as it could help the longevity of the game allowing players to grind there way to acquire these players.

On that another thing that 2k does really well is rewards inside the mode where you can acquire players for doing certain challenges in game.

I know it’s a-lot of information and you have probably already looked into it. But I feel as this forum is used for giving ideas I may as well state a very decent one in my opinion ( Ant Coins for packs and the points could be called Star Team Points hehe)
2Ks dual currency set up is horrendous! 2K only implements these kind of things to screw more money out of consumers. In no way should it be used as a model for any AFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not the delay itself, rather the way it’s all happened
Definitely any delay or extra time no matter what reasoning is ticking people off. "Bad business practice" and all sorts of accusations you'll hear on here, even though most developers in the gaming industry have delayed a game and usually have longer development time. Already got the business for suggesting a few extra years "hypothetically" of development would be beneficial, as if the game would suffer in that case.

Last edited:
2Ks dual currency set up is horrendous! 2K only implements these kind of things to screw more money out of consumers. In no way should it be used as a model for any AFL game.
But it will stop people from purchasing coins to then use to purchase players who have already been earnt or pulled from packs literally making it a pay to win game at least with a dual currency system it helps limit that allowing kids who can’t access money or people who don’t want to a chance against people who can

Goodnight all!
Merry Easter.
Hope the bunny lays some eggs!
Hope you’re feeling better mate and you and the kids have a great one too!

Keen to see the play sessions etc. now that it’s been pushed back. Live 1 release was a load of fun in the build up, piecing together the Nokia videos etc. Fingers crossed we can all sit back now for these few weeks and just enjoy the content we get trickled through and the fun can return to this thread. I know I’ve been a regular in here in the positive, negative and milo-stirring camp, but I think we all (especially the devs and mods) could do with this thread calming a bit. Have a coffee/beer/egg whatever, enjoy Easter, enjoy Gather Round 👍

Still in shock we still have zero game play of a current build. Not even a token gesture "sorry guys for the delay, here's a 30 second clip of what you're desperate to see as a tiny bit of compensation." How hard is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back