Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Last time I'll say it, there will be a trailer and gameplay shown, there will also be access to play-sessions prior to the game releasing.

No one is buying this game without an opportunity to see it prior, any posts to the contrary are straight out whinging or BS, or both.

Would we have if the game was still coming out in two days time?
I mean to be fair, I haven’t seen anyone question whether we would see it before the game came out since Ross’ last post prior to this so I’m not sure what he’s on about
But to question if there was gonna be gameplay tonight is more than fair considering it was hinted at last week and the game was originally supposed to launch this week too
But I guess the timeline changes with the narrative 💁🏽‍♂️

Well we can 100% guarantee that the following stadiums will be in the game:

Melbourne Cricket Ground, Marvel Stadium, GHMBA Stadium (Geelong), IKON Park (Carlton) MARS Stadium (Ballarat), Adelaide Oval, Norwood Oval, Mount Barker Oval, Optus Stadium, GABBA, Metricon Stadium, Sydney, Cricket Ground, GIANTS Stadium, UTAS Stadium (Launceston), Bellerive Oval (Hobart), Manuka Oval (Canberra) TIO Stadium (Darwin), Traeger Park (Alice Springs

Others that could possibly be or I would personally would like to see in the game (but not limited to)*:

Victoria Park (Collingwood), Punt Road Oval (Richmond), Arden St Oval (North Melbourne), Windy Hill (Essendon), Casey Fields (Melbourne), RSEA Park (St. Kilda), Trevor Barker Oval (St. Kilda), Whitten Oval (Western Bulldogs), Waverley Park (Hawthorn), Queen Elizabeth Oval (Bendigo), Coburg City Oval (Coburg), Frankston Oval (Frankston), North Port Oval (Port Melbourne) Avalon Airport Ground (Werribee), Williamstown Football Ground (Williamstown), Lavington Sports Ground (Albury-Wondoga), Blacktown International Sports Park (GWS), Robertson Oval (GWS), Henson Park (GWS / Sydney), North Sydney Oval (Sydney), ANZ Stadium (Sydney), Tramway Oval (Sydney), Brighton Homes Arena (Brisbane), Fankhauser Reserve (Gold Coast), Cazaly Stadium (Cairns), Riverway Stadium (Townsville), Unley Oval (Adelaide), Glenelg Stadium (Adelaide), Alberton Oval (Port Adelaide), WACA Ground (West Coast / Fremantle), Fremantle Oval (Fremantle), Lathlain Park (West Coast), Subiaco Oval (Fremantle / West Coast)

Hopefully that isn’t too much to ask for BigAntStudios and JNT BA, regarding stadium ideas in the present and future :thumbsu:
If there not people can literally just make replicates in stadium creator

I'll have to check but I think all 2022 "Season 7" AFLW stadiums are in the game.

In the stadium creator do you get features from all the grounds (ie stands or scoreboards etc) to be able to use or is it all generated features from you guys to use

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1656703
I really did like the detail AFL 07 went into, career games and goals along with current season stats.

Have to feel for Lance “The” Wall however, 827 career games without a career goal. May need to fire up the PS2 to finally get him his first goal
100%loved how IR gurus or whatever they were called had each seasons stats and career stats

Would really like if we can view each players stats from a specific season during career mode, is that confirmed?

100%loved how IR gurus or whatever they were called had each seasons stats and career stats

Would really like if we can view each players stats from a specific season during career mode, is that confirmed?
Agree! Club & player awards from previous seasons would be unreal as well for career mode.

Scroll back to see your club’s top B&F results from that year, Coleman/Brownlow/Rising Star winners, who made AA side, who you selected in the draft/trade period, etc - would love that.

Even better if individual accolades (premiership player, rising star winner, etc) were visible on each player’s bio, and update as they unlock more accomplishments. Would be a fun way to track the successes of your drafted players moving forward IMO.

On the topic of more visible data, one of the things that always bugged me about Evo 2 was the lack of stats around who played well at reserve level each week. They’d only show the top 3 vote getters for the game and it’d sometime include past players even years after you’ve traded/delisted them.

Would be fantastic if the usual weekly match result stats are replicated for the lower levels - you wanna see who’s getting the ball, kicking goals, laying a stack of tackles, etc so you can make better team selection & list management decisions, especially once you’re a few years into a career and there are a lot of new draftees.

Gameplay is of course always paramount but having good player/team data (including historical achievements & results) adds so much to career modes IMO.

BigAntStudios can you tell us any more about the above?

NM's two Tassie games in S7 of AFLW were actually at UTAS and Blundstone. There weren't any games played at North Hobart Oval for the first time in five seasons, maybe that'll have a bearing idk.

NM's two Tassie games in S7 of AFLW were actually at UTAS and Blundstone. There weren't any games played at North Hobart Oval for the first time in five seasons, maybe that'll have a bearing idk.

Shame, North Hobart is the home of footy in the apple aisle and should be the first ground in the game

A stats graph to compare seasons for players, teams and ladder positions would be sick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the video with all the player models. I reckon the graphics are fantastic. The detail they have gone to looks amazing with little things like players even having correct tape and strapping. Best graphics for a afl game by far. And I am confident they will nail the gameplay side of things

Hopefully you can't spam torpedo kicks or clearance kicks like in evo 2.
Those type of kicks need to have a hard timing bar or just a good chance it'll go somewhere you're not planning on.

When a joke's lifespan is pushed to its limits, this is what you get.
But I honestly would really like to see it in there and simulate it, definitely been a noticeable omission from all the AFL games. I even had someone tell me they'd go buy a PS5 if the tackling were as realistic as the final minutes of that Sydney-Geelong 2005 semi-final. I don't mind the memes if Big Ant take notice, but hopefully they surprise us with it appearing in the final release.

Yea legit something to show how many games/goals a player has and it updates with each game you play so if someone has 100 career goals and you kick 5 with them and go back to the stats page they would be on 105 career goals, No AFL game has had this besides AFL 2005

And if it's keeping stats and you're on 95 for the season and you kick 5, will there be a crowd rushes the field animation?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

So we could be looking at missing out on the meme'd gang tackles, ground tackles, ground wrestling for the ball, collisions, backwards running to mark the ball, high bumps. What other aspects of the sport do people think will be excluded from the gameplay mechanics? I hope Big Ant surprise us with the final build with most of that being in there.
The shirt-front?

Perhaps attribute will only be available for certain legends players in star mode.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not only will this game have 5 times the gang tackling of any other sports game developed in Australia, we gang tackled every single player in the AFL and AFLW using state of the art tackling machines. We also hired tackling coaches when they were laid off during covid. You will all have a chance to see gang tackling in action before release, no one is being gang tackled into buying this.

Not only will this game have 5 times the gang tackling of any other sports game developed in Australia, we gang tackled every single player in the AFL and AFLW using state of the art tackling machines. We also hired tackling coaches when they were laid off during covid. You will all have a chance to see gang tackling in action before release, no one is being gang tackled into buying this.
Someone needs to gang tackle the folks in customs and force them to clear that stock so it can get into stores.

Anyone else see that post Ross deleted?

In response to being asked for game play today he said that due to the game being delayed all marketing stuff has been pushed back too.

Maybe we will see something today?

Turns out nope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back