Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Not sure. As a PC player I've never been able to participate in the online AFL gaming community since 95% of it is on console. Cross-platform is an absolute game changer.
Really excited to finally get involved :)
We are thrilled to have you Dave, you will definitely enjoying playing in StarFooty | BGLMedia competitions

I appreciate that it's a big thread and there are going to be repetitive questions, and I don't expect people to read everything before asking a question.

But - it is a little frustrating for everyone when users that have been posting regularly in the thread suddenly start asking for "updates" on questions that they have had the official answer to several times.

Here are a few choice quotes that should help to address some of the more common questions. Now, whether or not you believe them is your prerogative, but realise that you're asking the exact same person that gave the initial response for clarification. If you don't believe their old replies, you sure as hell aren't going to believe the more recent ones. So maybe just sit back, relax, and see what happens?

Re: commentary team

Re: game availability/release dates

Re: Steam listing

Re: playing lists

Re: content creator footage

Re: Career mode

Re: microtransactions

Re: general development
Definitely worth pinning this

Could also be they have enough stock for pre-orders, but not enough for stock shelves
Thats exactly what it is. Wanting to honour pre-orders first and then fill shelves with whatever is left. I assume every store will have different levels of stock to put on shelves on thursday, some stores may not have any after fulfilling pre orders, so they dont want to promise anything..yet.

Thats exactly what it is. Wanting to honour pre-orders first and then fill shelves with whatever is left. I assume every store will have different levels of stock to put on shelves on thursday, some stores may not have any after fulfilling pre orders, so they dont want to promise anything..yet.

I doubt it'll even get to WA in time for Thursday, even for preorders.

I only managed to get Warhammer Total War 3 one week after launch despite preordering, and that had nothing to do with issues with printing discs or whatever, it was all down to delays in shipping stuff from the eastern states.

I doubt it'll even get to WA in time for Thursday, even for preorders.

I only managed to get Warhammer Total War 3 one week after launch despite preordering, and that had nothing to do with issues with printing discs or whatever, it was all down to delays in shipping stuff from the eastern states.
In our defence, we do our best to try and forget that WA is there

Just cancelled my jb preorder asked about if they have copies apparently they only had like 2 Xbox copies in the back so if you don’t have a preorder it seems just go digital

After..(begrudgingly) watching this latest twistie video, a couple of observations.
For me, the UI is great. Clean, clear, sleek, slick and yes, a little minimalist. = good.
In an era of vomit inducing Ui's and HUDs across the industry, i find these very appealing.
The notion that evo menus looked better than this is mind boggling. Evo UI's looked like (and this is a very obscure 80's reference) Ken Done designed them.

Secondly as someone that loves their sports sims, one thing that really pulls you out of a career/franchise mode in terms of realism and immersion is wildly innacurate or unrealistic season stats and "league leaders". It's a very small thing in the scheme of things but one that has definitely plagued Madden for years for which they cop a lot of heat until they manage to patch it adequately after a month.
Seeing things like Brad Close and Beau McCreery fight it out for a coleman medal at 32 goals a piece or having Jarrod Berry and Jarman Impey top the yearly disposals list just feels yuck. You want to see familiar names with realistic stats at the top of these lists so it feels right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does kind of annoy me that all the big questions circulating delays don’t get answered but the small things will get a reply from Ross. I understand there are regulations but and update would be nice instead of rumours spiralling out of control

Ross might be just as in the know as the fans, that it’s simply delayed at the last minute because of shipping problems.

Ross might be just as in the know as the fans, that it’s simply delayed at the last minute because of shipping problems.
He’s said multiple times that the copies need to at retailers at least a week before release which would’ve been the 27th of April. If there was still shipping delays he would’ve been able to inform of us another delay by now.

Would be nice to have some clarification on if all pre-orders will be available for pick up on release day.

We understand that the game is coming out on the 4th and will not be delayed. But with no clarification from the retailers or Big Ant it leads me to worry that not 100% of the Xbox pre-orders will be available on the 4th.

If this was the case many people would just cancel their pre-orders and buy it digitally so they could have the game at release. Which is why the lack of confirmation on Xbox pre-orders makes me wonder if it is to avoid a mass cancellation of pre-orders.

Either way I will be buying this game, but if my pre-order is not available for pick up on the 4th I will obviously buy it on the Xbox store and cancel/refund my JB-HI-FI pre-order.

It does kind of annoy me that all the big questions circulating delays don’t get answered but the small things will get a reply from Ross. I understand there are regulations but and update would be nice instead of rumours spiralling out of control
What do you mean questions about delays don't get answered? Can people be any clearer than the below quotes?
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Everybody is choosing to disregard these comments in favour of a vaguely changed JB page that has a million other explanations. Honestly...

So how do we get an indication if our pre order will be honoured or not, so I know wether or not too cancel the pre order or not 🤯🤯🤯 this is way harder then it should be

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back