Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
This is what I posted last week -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several top bets for this round. Here are my best -

Geelong at the line (-20.5pts) - I hope it's a good game but the cats should bounce back

Richmond at the line (+17.5 pts) - At the MCG the tigers are some hope of a win let alone getting within 3 goals.

Adelaide to win - Sad but true

Brisbane at the line (+24.5) - Showers forecast and after most home losses so far the Lions have hit back hard on the road the next game

Port at the line (+20.5) - Port will put up more fight here, great record in Tassie at this ground against the saints
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 out of 5 got up. Now to this round's best.

Essendon at the line (+33.5) - it's wet over there and I can't see us being belted again

Hawthorn at the line (+17.5) - was tempted to go for the win but we'll play it safe.

Port to win - Get on this. Short but as good as bank interest.

Geelong to win - Can't see them disappointing for a 3rd week especially at home

Kangaroos to win - Good value here. Richmond minus Brown and the kangas doing it for Archer

Melbourne to win - $1.50, I'll take that.

Daniher cost me around $40, needed johstone to beat lockyer in possies. Halfway through the last he got benched and ddnt come back on, tarkyn got 2 kicks in the last qtr and won by 1 possie

Snap up the odds that North are showing this week. They are what you'd call specials.

Also I reckon Wet Toast will go out a few points closer the their game against Melbourne so if you're going to get on them I'd hold off for a while.

And if you're looking for some more value roll those into the Canberra Raiders +7.5 against the Canterbury Bulldogs in the NRL.

Sydney Crow said:
Snap up the odds that North are showing this week. They are what you'd call specials.

Also I reckon Wet Toast will go out a few points closer the their game against Melbourne so if you're going to get on them I'd hold off for a while.

And if you're looking for some more value roll those into the Canberra Raiders +7.5 against the Canterbury Bulldogs in the NRL.

North. Paying $10 for over 39 points against Freo (approx $3.50 for under 39 pts)

Excellent odds

I would say the BEST bet is to put a truck load of dough on big Fraser Gehrig to kick the most goals of the round against the bombers. Last year the G-Train kicked 8 against them and Riewoldt 7, Fraser is just getting into some good form and I can see him having a day out next week (dunno if they do the betting for the whole round or just the weekend though)

Cant see Mark Williams kicking too many against whoever Port plays on him (Bishop, Wakelin, Wanganeen, S.Burgoyne??)

Most goals for Round 13 for each team (I say):

Port Adelaide: Warren Tredrea 4 (wont get many on Croad)
Hawthorn: Mark Williams 3 (Maximum)

Melbourne: Robertson 5 (always does well Vs Eagles)
West Coast: Matera 5 (always does well Vs Demons)

Richmond: Richardson 3 (if he plays, if not Krakouer 3)
Adelaide: Welsh 5 (Tigers defence is a rabble, if not Welsh then Perrie or McGregor)

Bulldogs: Murphy 4 (No tall Bulldog forward)
Carlton: Fevola 4 (Harris wont give him much)

Brisbane: Bradshaw 5 (J.Brown will be held by Scarlett)
Geelong: Ablett Jr. 4 (Will have to step up)

Fremantle: Pavlich 4 (too good for any roo)
Kangaroos: Thompson 3 (Maybe Grant if its wet)

Essendon: Lloyd 5 (back to a bit of form)
St.Kilda: Gehrig 7 (Too big for anyone plus Fletcher may go to Riewoldt)

Sydney: Hall 6 (Roughie for most goals also O'Loughlin)
Collingwood: Tarrant 3 (Barry will keep him quiet)

There we go - Thats my opinions on the matter! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a look at the odds for this round - Essendon are backed into favouritism ($1.80) v Kangaroos ($2.00).
WTF? I'm in Victoria at the moment and will be at the game tomorrow, and give the Bombers a good chance - but the Kangaroos are way above us on the ladder, how the hell are Essendon favourites?
If I wasn't an Essendon supporter, I'd seriously consider putting some money on the Kangaroos on those odds.

Melbourne at $2.30 are good value.

$13401 on Sydney at $1.20 Up by 17 points against Collingwood at 3 QTR TIME. Return of $16081.20

Bomber Spirit said:
I had a look at the odds for this round - Essendon are backed into favouritism ($1.80) v Kangaroos ($2.00).
WTF? I'm in Victoria at the moment and will be at the game tomorrow, and give the Bombers a good chance - but the Kangaroos are way above us on the ladder, how the hell are Essendon favourites?
If I wasn't an Essendon supporter, I'd seriously consider putting some money on the Kangaroos on those odds.

Melbourne at $2.30 are good value.

I think we are great value to beat the roos. Fletcher back seals it for me. I think we are finally starting to click and as much as I respect the kangaroos I feel we will take it. First 10-15 minutes will show which way it will go IMO.

eastaugh36 said:
I think we are great value to beat the roos. Fletcher back seals it for me. I think we are finally starting to click and as much as I respect the kangaroos I feel we will take it. First 10-15 minutes will show which way it will go IMO.
pmsl - poor Easty hasn't been sighted since the game I'm afraid. hope he hasn't jumped or attacked someone! Fletch got torn a newie by an old man! :)

Macpie said:
pmsl - poor Easty hasn't been sighted since the game I'm afraid. hope he hasn't jumped or attacked someone! Fletch got torn a newie by an old man! :)

I hope he saw the first 15mins before he placed the bet...

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Best Bets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back