Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmas_Delight

Draftee
Mar 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Rumours are true - Ehlich is a Hawk and look out for the Hawks in 2010! 50 on the track last week and when you see players of the calibre of Rundle, Warren, Alick, Ehlich, Miller, the weetra connection, Scryma, Capt Buller and an abundance of youth, you would think they will be a force to be reckoned with in 2010. Someone show me a better midfield!

- Emma's Delight

Re: Cairns AFL

Any news on latest recruiting amongst clubs? Was speaking to a couple of Hawks boys last week & they didnt seem too impressed with the club recruiting Ehlic. They said he can certainly play but were worried of the impact his attitude will have on the clubs younger players!

I'm sure Hawks will have something in his contract about this and with him being at a new club, I'm positive he will be out to make a great impression and have a good year.

Rumours are true - Ehlich is a Hawk and look out for the Hawks in 2010! 50 on the track last week and when you see players of the calibre of Rundle, Warren, Alick, Ehlich, Miller, the weetra connection, Scryma, Capt Buller and an abundance of youth, you would think they will be a force to be reckoned with in 2010. Someone show me a better midfield!

- Emma's Delight

Kevy will probably play 10 games tops if his legs hold out, Lenny is running out of steam can't play a full game , Gabby is at retiring age, Buller way past his best not a force anymore. So unless they have r*ped the NT for players they will be a mid field team again this year :rolleyes: :eek:

Can anyone tell me where I could find a draw for this weekends pre-season cup? Also will a list of players playing this weekend be put up anywhere or printed in a record for the weekend?

Looking forward to seeing the new recruits. Are there any new players who people think will be guns or who people are looking forward to watch? Is Richter playing for anyone?

a draw is on the AFL Cairns website. As for list of players, you would have to wait till saturday i would think

Can anyone tell me where I could find a draw for this weekends pre-season cup? Also will a list of players playing this weekend be put up anywhere or printed in a record for the weekend?

Looking forward to seeing the new recruits. Are there any new players who people think will be guns or who people are looking forward to watch? Is Richter playing for anyone?
heard north cairns had a couple of recruits from down south in a practice match on weekend that look very good,lee purton is a stand out.ben hallas at the saints will also b handy.also hear the best player in the comp is back in port,the beaver.

Cairns AFL
if you go by the clearances thus far.. it looks as though it's a one horse race for the 2010 season with cairns saints only clearing 2 and gaining 14 new players with a few very handy ones in the new group...
south cairns are a bit hard to read, supposibly losing 16 from last year's final side, to date they have cleared 8 and gained 5 with some darwin recruit's still to come, so you would think the cutters would still be competitive.
Hawks.. have'nt lost to many and gained some quality.. top 4
Port.. gained some handy players.. injuries and numbers only worry.
Norths..new= lee purton[gun] but not enough..they've lost to many,,brett potter and brett oakley are obviously taking a firm stance and not being dictated to,, there's been a clean out.. I guess in time we'll know whether it's for better or worse.
Cobras= clearances don't say a hell of lot for them at the moment, word on the street is they have picked up some handy players, but they would have to have got at least a dozen of them to put them in the mix.
Centrals= lost to many.. michael hunter from dromana reportedly wil be one of the best backmen up here,, but they will slide with to many guns gone and not enough to replace them

if you go by the clearances thus far.. it looks as though it's a one horse race for the 2010 season with cairns saints only clearing 2 and gaining 14 new players with a few very handy ones in the new group...
south cairns are a bit hard to read, supposibly losing 16 from last year's final side, to date they have cleared 8 and gained 5 with some darwin recruit's still to come, so you would think the cutters would still be competitive.
Norths..new= lee purton[gun] but not enough..they've lost to many,,brett potter and brett oakley are obviously taking a firm stance and not being dictated to,, there's been a clean out.. I guess in time we'll know whether it's for better or worse.
Cobras= clearances don't say a hell of lot for them at the moment, word on the street is they have picked up some handy players, but they would have to have got at least a dozen of them to put them in the mix.
Centrals= lost to many.. michael hunter from dromana reportedly wil be one of the best backmen up here,, but they will slide with to many guns gone and not enough to replace them

Blueeyes, you seem to have your finger on the pulse, I wonder how one gets his information, :eek: Perhaps you are in the nest of AFL Cairns???

Anyone care to tip the winners for this pre-season round

Souths over Hawks
Souths over Centrals
Hawks over Cobras
Centrals over Cobras

PNG over Port
Norths over PNG
Saints over Port
Saints over Norths

Ladies Grand Final Souths win two years straight.

Blueeyes, you seem to have your finger on the pulse, I wonder how one gets his information, :eek: Perhaps you are in the nest of AFL Cairns???
you don't have to be einstein to work it out Poiderr.. you to can look at the clearances on the afl cairns website.. no doubt there will be more to come.. but it's all pretty black and white with most clubs..it's become very hard for clubs to play ducks and drakes anymore.. facts are facts..
it's more apparent then ever, that were your club is located in the cairns region, is to how you can seek employment, the CULTURE OF CLUBS, and sponsorship.. it's all about survival for most clubs.. Cairns Saints have location and culture, that can attract a lot of newcomers to town..
the other 6 clubs are doing there best to catch up... it won't be happening overnight

Sorry Blue man I don't see it that way, the season hasn't started yet anything can happen, last year going into the finals Centrals were the Red Hot favorites but they bombed out in a big way

Saints ARE not the be all end all in Cairns they just have sponsors with deeper pockets, give all the clubs the credit they deserve and wait till the season progresses before making rash statements.:D

Sorry Blue man I don't see it that way, the season hasn't started yet anything can happen, last year going into the finals Centrals were the Red Hot favorites but they bombed out in a big way

Saints ARE not the be all end all in Cairns they just have sponsors with deeper pockets, give all the clubs the credit they deserve and wait till the season progresses before making rash statements.:D

tamba..if you read it right.. IF YOU GO BY CLEARANCES THUS FAR..it's pretty clear that they are the facts.. what is so RASH about the truth to date

elich attitude around the club is fantastic. they way he approaches his training and getting himself right for matches is first class. so where ever or whoever the rumour has come from about his attitude should get there facts straight. And who ever wrote that stuff about kevy Lenny Buller and Gabby stop being jealouse cos you no you would have them in your team any day
I'm sure Hawks will have something in his contract about this and with him being at a new club, I'm positive he will be out to make a great impression and have a good year.

Kevy will probably play 10 games tops if his legs hold out, Lenny is running out of steam can't play a full game , Gabby is at retiring age, Buller way past his best not a force anymore. So unless they have r*ped the NT for players they will be a mid field team again this year :rolleyes: :eek:

ITs most likely ricter will play with hawks he has alot of friends from his junior days here at the club and he would a massive signing for us
heard north cairns had a couple of recruits from down south in a practice match on weekend that look very good,lee purton is a stand out.ben hallas at the saints will also b handy.also hear the best player in the comp is back in port,the beaver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its fact i dont think there is a better midfeild in the league. its to quick and the skills are very silky. i would love to see if anyone can stop the hawkies midfeild

- Emma's Delight

elich attitude around the club is fantastic. they way he approaches his training and getting himself right for matches is first class. so where ever or whoever the rumour has come from about his attitude should get there facts straight. And who ever wrote that stuff about kevy Lenny Buller and Gabby stop being jealouse cos you no you would have them in your team any day

what have i to be jealous about ? :rolleyes: those four players are way past their best and carry injuries week to week all season, 3 of them walked out on Souths about 5 years ago chasing money, why do we want them back when past their prime ? :confused:

hawkeye u r talking up your team already new coach new players u never know how they will gel might be just a midfield team like people r saying what u going to be sayin if thats the case calm down let the season start before u get ahead of yourself ,,, my tip saints again gain 14 lose 4 thats the start of a good year to come

Know we can't take everything out of the weekends results but I thought Centrals were alot stronger than predicted. Saints - not that strong, played well against Port but were shut down by North. Any other surprise results? Think most of the other games went as planned.

No players really stood out from any team. Congratulations to the South's girls though, was great viewing watching the ladies crash it out in the wet conditions!

Saints did play back to back games which is always hard with Norths having a rest between. Saying that Norths played very well was hard at it and showed Saints how to win the footy.

From the AFL Cairns website:

Results from AFL Cairns 2010 Preseason Cup Competition on Saturday, 13th March 2010 at Cazalys Stadium were as follows:

Pool A
Game 1 South Cairns 2.4 (16) def. by Manunda Hawks 3.8 (26)
Game 2 South Cairns 1.4 (10) def. by Centrals Trinity Beach 6.5 (41)
Game 3 Manunda Hawks 6.4 (40) def. Cairns City Cobras 4.5 (29)
Game 4 Cairns City Cobras 2.3 (15) def. by Centrals Trinity Beach 9.8 (62)
Pool B
Game 5 AFL PNG 4.4 (28) def. by Port Douglas 7.8 (50)
Game 6 AFL PNG 5.5 (35) def. North Cairns 4.2 (26)
Game 7 Port Douglas 3.3 (21) def. by Cairns Saints 9.3 (57)
Game 8 Cairns Saints 3.4 (22) def by North Cairns 6.8 (44)

The winners of each pool (Centrals Trinity Beach and North Cairns) now advance to the Preseason Cup Competition Grand Final on Saturday, 20th March 2010 at 3:00pm at Cazalys Stadium. AFL PNG will take on South Cairns in the curtain-raiser match at 1:30pm.

Geez i cant wait to watch the Pre-season grand final on Saturday between the 2 teams that will more then likely finish in bottom 2 of the Home & Away season.

From the AFL Cairns website:

Results from AFL Cairns 2010 Preseason Cup Competition on Saturday, 13th March 2010 at Cazalys Stadium were as follows:

Pool A
Game 1 South Cairns 2.4 (16) def. by Manunda Hawks 3.8 (26)
Game 2 South Cairns 1.4 (10) def. by Centrals Trinity Beach 6.5 (41)
Game 3 Manunda Hawks 6.4 (40) def. Cairns City Cobras 4.5 (29)
Game 4 Cairns City Cobras 2.3 (15) def. by Centrals Trinity Beach 9.8 (62)
Pool B
Game 5 AFL PNG 4.4 (28) def. by Port Douglas 7.8 (50)
Game 6 AFL PNG 5.5 (35) def. North Cairns 4.2 (26)
Game 7 Port Douglas 3.3 (21) def. by Cairns Saints 9.3 (57)
Game 8 Cairns Saints 3.4 (22) def by North Cairns 6.8 (44)

The winners of each pool (Centrals Trinity Beach and North Cairns) now advance to the Preseason Cup Competition Grand Final on Saturday, 20th March 2010 at 3:00pm at Cazalys Stadium. AFL PNG will take on South Cairns in the curtain-raiser match at 1:30pm.

That final was the slowest, softest game of footy I've seen in a while! And who is that tattooed twit for tigers, number 21 I think? A complete dud! didn't get near it and carried on like a clown half the day. Embarrassed himself and his club. Wasn't there for the early games, how did hawks and saints go, I hear both had alot out but hawks won? And I hear PNG embarrassed souths?

I'm interested to hear what people thought of PNG? I saw them play in Melbourne in 2008 at the International Cup, they were good to watch.

They're fairly equal with NZ as the best Aussie rules national team outside Australia, but NZ got thumped by Maffra (Vic country) by about 20 goals. How big's the standard gap between Cairns and say the Ovens and Murray?

The gap is fairly big, O & M and GV would be a on a par, if not prob a bit better than QAFL 1st division, and Cairns is a fair bit behind the QAFL. Having said that, it will only get better when the job situation gets better.

Were centrals and north cairns close to full strength? I read that they only had about 5 or 6 out each? You'd like to think they have more fire power than that. Where as saints had about 14 out. Should be a good game first round between Saints and Hawks. Port have kept fairly quiet, any news on them?

Hasn't been much said this year about the comp, my few predictions for the year are (I won't pick a premier as I on the day a few teams could win it, I'll go with consistency)
Ladder
Hawks - good preseason form, few new recruits and a wealth of knowledge
Saints - Coastworth a huge in, but surely are tiring.
Port - well drilled, coach will bring a healthy winning edge.
Dogs - good coach, should still be up there.
North - dark horse, few ins have helped, have turned the corner which is great for the league.
Souths - might be a tough year, very unsure and found it hard to leave them this low.
Cobras - haven't showed a great deal, rather say they'd finish 7th than last.

League B and F - Coatsworth, past winner and will be wanting to lead his troops.
Goalkicking - ????? M Walsh again? if injuries don't hamper him.

Love to know if I've missed anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back