AFL Cairns - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when you thought that City Cobras couldnt drag themselves any lower into the filth they wallow in, raised elbows, late knees, punching when a bloke is mearly picking the ball up from the man on the marks feet. And your supporters seem happy as they applaud it. Well done in dragging your clubs character further into the mud you DOGS...:thumbsdown:

Just when you thought that City Cobras couldnt drag themselves any lower into the filth they wallow in, raised elbows, late knees, punching when a bloke is mearly picking the ball up from the man on the marks feet. And your supporters seem happy as they applaud it. Well done in dragging your clubs character further into the mud you DOGS...:thumbsdown:

What happened down there poider, bit ordinary were they? What was the final score?

What happened down there poider, bit ordinary were they? What was the final score?

two ambulances called for the day both for South players

one for a collarbone

the other for a what appeared to be a broken jaw

hope the video evidence is used

67 - 42 final score no pride can be taken from that match by thugs :thumbsdown:

again one certain umpire needs to go back to school he was shocking, a player needs to have the ball to be called holding it, one handed handballs were allowed all day, swinging arms in tackles were allowed.

yes I am peeved at crap umpiring decisions that cost teams games if i was medically able i would be back out there doing it again. so don't think of coming in with knives on me over umpires
we have been given the lies over the years they are getting better yes better at getting worse:mad:

two ambulances called for the day both for South players

one for a collarbone

the other for a what appeared to be a broken jaw

hope the video evidence is used

67 - 42 final score no pride can be taken from that match by thugs :thumbsdown:

again one certain umpire needs to go back to school he was shocking, a player needs to have the ball to be called holding it, one handed handballs were allowed all day, swinging arms in tackles were allowed.

yes I am peeved at crap umpiring decisions that cost teams games if i was medically able i would be back out there doing it again. so don't think of coming in with knives on me over umpires
we have been given the lies over the years they are getting better yes better at getting worse:mad:

Sounds like Souths are back to their whingeing best! Harden up & get used to losing coz i think it may become a habbit for you boys this year! The sooner you start to take responsibillity for that yourselves & realise the amount of money you wasted on money hungry players who when the club needed them up & left to another larger cheque book.
Great culture been built for the juniors to follow.
Ah why not as is the Souths tradition blame the umpires or the opposition for been thugs. Take some responsibillity yourselves for a change!!!

Can someone post the results/scores, best players etc from weekends games as the staff at AFL Cairns are obviously too busy to put them up on their website & the cairnspost website only did the write up/score from the cobras game (Don't get Cairns Post overseas!) thanks if anyone can. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sounds like Souths are back to their whingeing best! Harden up & get used to losing coz i think it may become a habbit for you boys this year! The sooner you start to take responsibillity for that yourselves & realise the amount of money you wasted on money hungry players who when the club needed them up & left to another larger cheque book.
Great culture been built for the juniors to follow.
Ah why not as is the Souths tradition blame the umpires or the opposition for been thugs. Take some responsibillity yourselves for a change!!!

go back to smoking the whoopee weed on your reservation

how can Souths players be responsible for receiving, a broken jaw in 3 places , busted ribs , busted collarbone and an ankle injury

so are you suggesting Souths turn into a bunch of tugs as well ??????

dream on your weed.

you must be a player John West REJECTED

Sounds to me like Cities and Souths doing what they always do, Cities have always had the ability to let a few cheap shots go (although usually when they are on the wrong end of the scoreboard) and Souths always looking for a reason for their defeat, other than lack of ability.
Some of the names listed to play A grade on the weekend, in all 6 teams that played ( esp Cutters), spent last season in the magoo's; that, and the ordinary standard of the pre-season comp, makes me feel that the standard of the league has definitely dropped this year. Have to say that on paper Hawks and Saints look standouts, with Port the unknowns although as usual injuries will play a big part.
From Centrals Norths game, J Hunter (dogs no.22) a star, could've got all 6 votes from umps, he def earnt the 500 he's getting a game. Tigers with some work to do, but have a good core group who seem to be looking forward to the challenge.

go back to smoking the whoopee weed on your reservation

how can Souths players be responsible for receiving, a broken jaw in 3 places , busted ribs , busted collarbone and an ankle injury

so are you suggesting Souths turn into a bunch of tugs as well ??????

dream on your weed.

you must be a player John West REJECTED

Bloody hell, whinge much...what ever happened tamba it's fair to say that moaning about it like an old mole won't help..

Bloody hell, whinge much...what ever happened tamba it's fair to say that moaning about it like an old mole won't help..

If any of the incidents down at snake valley were untoward then i hope they are followed up, theres no place for that these days. However, if i was one of the souths staff i would being buying sugar by the kilo, as the medicine thats going to be served up this year is going to be regular and its going to be bitter. For too many years now the on field cockiness and supporter arrogance has been served up. All this during the season, yet when it counts the chokers come to the fore. Yet saints, the premiers the last 2 yrs, you dont hear any of this tripe coming out of their mouths, they just go on with the business and do the job when everything is on the line. As noted previously, all the overpaid prima donnas are gone now, leaving probably a loyal core who are going to cop the fallout of years of trout mouthing from players and supporters who were way ahead of themselves. So cutters, when you are copping a towelling week after week, stop looking for excuses and slink back to Banjo park, be good boys, and take your medicine.

If any of the incidents down at snake valley were untoward then i hope they are followed up, theres no place for that these days. However, if i was one of the souths staff i would being buying sugar by the kilo, as the medicine thats going to be served up this year is going to be regular and its going to be bitter. For too many years now the on field cockiness and supporter arrogance has been served up. All this during the season, yet when it counts the chokers come to the fore. Yet saints, the premiers the last 2 yrs, you dont hear any of this tripe coming out of their mouths, they just go on with the business and do the job when everything is on the line. As noted previously, all the overpaid prima donnas are gone now, leaving probably a loyal core who are going to cop the fallout of years of trout mouthing from players and supporters who were way ahead of themselves. So cutters, when you are copping a towelling week after week, stop looking for excuses and slink back to Banjo park, be good boys, and take your medicine.

Well said!

Anyway, back to the important issues. Can someone post the weekends results as AFL Cairns must be to busy to update their website. Cheers.

Isnt it funny!!!!! before I get started, yes the incident by the Cobras player who threw a couple as a souths player was picking up the ball was weak and the player involved will take his penalty, however if you were at the game and are not a one eyed supporter than you would have seen a very toughgame of footy. Yes there were a broken jaw, broken ribs and maybe a collarbone and bad luck that they were all fromn souths but I think the sooking that has gone on is from the loss and not from cheap shots. They were all hard attacks at the ball or player in a contest. Now the broken ribs reciever was at full back for the start of the game. Now did anyone witness the numerous amount of sly punches and elbows that he was dishing out on the Cobras fullback. That is dirty, and he ended up with broken ribs. Thats Karma dirty player. Souths were very lucky the umpires were very weak in paying free kicks, as twice the Cobras big new forward crashed packs tacking a minimium of 3 souths players down with him and the free kick going to souths. Cobras eyes were clearly on the ball and the pack below him crumbles like playing cards in a soft breeze. I will be watching the cobras all season this year if that player is involved. he was brilliant to watch even in terrible conditions and i warn other clubs to look behind them if they think he is running toward them. I could go on all day, but Souths should just cop the loss and work on their game. Over the years thay have had the dirtiest players on their lists and it is about time they got theirs. Souths you will struggle this season and it will be good to watch. Other teams I look forward to watching the eveness of the competition and have eyes in the back of your head for one Mr P Bass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Tamba me little gnome mate, grab your ukulele back off aunty Val , get hold of the Penguin and his fiddle, see if the alf still has his pipe , then we can play some great music here at "banjo park"

yap yap yap! All the Souths folk, please - give the whinging a rest! And if the cobra player did that, then surley he'll get a month at least.
Now, can we get onto the footy now please.
Badboy, you're not going to intimidate anyone about a hulking forward busting packs...that's footy and thats what big forwards have been doing for ever. But good try. I'd be surprised, even disappointed if anyone in this comp heard footsteps. And if they do the crowd should absolutely give it to them! Seems like Port have an easy start to the season, miss the rain with a bye then draw souths. How will centrals go against decent opposition? And did saints have many out in their loss?

and will somebody with any kind of pull get onto the mob who runs afl cairns to update their website with all the info from each weekend? otherwise why even have a bloody website at all?

and will somebody with any kind of pull get onto the mob who runs afl cairns to update their website with all the info from each weekend? otherwise why even have a bloody website at all?

Agreed torp. Wednesday and still no results from the weekend games on the website, pretty ordinary. Saints did have a few out but take nothing away from Hawks, they were quick and skillful and will take some beating this year. Saints have alot of new players so might take a bit of time to gel i reckon.

What a hot topic, Souths put up two posts, some one baited & got Tamba, EIGHT reply posts saying were whingers.... (Sigh) Oh Well.

Tribunal last night, as last I heard. Bloke who threw punches at Souths player picking the ball up at his feet took the offer of one week. Bloke who crashed into the back of souths player fought the charge and received four weeks, all Ive heard thus far. Any other tribunal news from last night anybody..?

What a hot topic, Souths put up two posts, some one baited & got Tamba, EIGHT reply posts saying were whingers.... (Sigh) Oh Well.

Tribunal last night, as last I heard. Bloke who threw punches at Souths player picking the ball up at his feet took the offer of one week. Bloke who crashed into the back of souths player fought the charge and received four weeks, all Ive heard thus far. Any other tribunal news from last night anybody..?

Who was the bloke that got four? The big forward was it? And to be fair they were fairly long winded rants by Tamba. Anyhow, new topics. A bloke only gets 1 for throwing punches? And whats this crap that the league at least doubles the penalty if you lose an appeal? So they are the Gods of all things right and wrong are they? Thats rubbish, there should be a fair appeals system that gives a guy a chance to defend himself. Who are these muppets that run this comp?

Was at the game. There was some cheap shots by Cobras and the tribunal has dealt with it so lets move on from that topic.Souths did look ordinary, having said that, they are rebuilding. It will take several years I fear, after Daniels taking players and the club is in trouble financially caused by you know who. Tried to buy a flag and it didn't work. One good thing in their favour is that they have a good committee and some excellent workers. They are playing a lot of kids so let's not be to harsh.:cool:

Heard tonight that one of Souths stars from last year was seriously injured in a boating accident down south somewhere... Didn't get a name though, anyone from Fretwell know who it was??

Heard tonight that one of Souths stars from last year was seriously injured in a boating accident down south somewhere... Didn't get a name though, anyone from Fretwell know who it was??
Old news watsons, last years Crathern Medalist (AB) Andrew Browning done a knee.

Oops my bad, second hand news not always reliable, the four week suspension is one week + three suspended....

A week and counting and still no news of the scores on the cairns afl website! Have had people from all over the coutry ask about why they are not up, how do I find out the scores etc. You would reckon a write up of each game along with best, goalkickers etc wouldn't be stretch of their talents would it? Good advertising AFL Cairns- you guys are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back