AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

North Cairns Best Players: A. Mueller, T. Clough, R. Liddy, J. Flynn, K. Richter, D. Bosen

good to see some of the recruits getting in the best with Mueller, tom cloth, rex liddy and flynny.

Mueller was best on by a country mile and the other 5 were good also but them awards could of gone to any 1 was alot of good players.

It's not unusual for teams to put in the best the new guys to the club, probably sick of putting in the same names from last year anyway.

Good start for Saints, but plenty of work to do, there was a patch where they let Hawks kick about 3 or 4 on the trot, which, for the way the game was going was a poor spell of play. But considering there were 12 new faces in the lineup, still a good start.

Sweet Undies, that sort of humour is about as funny as female stand-up comedians. Some of you have been carrying on like Oprah's book club the amount of cattyness.

I'd love to hear more about the games considering round 1 just finished. How did Port play? Any norths people like to comment, since there are no Port people here.

Port Douglas looked like they are missing some key position players, hocking leaves a massive hole in their defense. And didn't have a key forward to go to. Had a smaller guy who I haven't seem before who looked dangerous up forward leading up. North cairns were underwhelming for all the preseason hype. Better then last year but along way off saints I think. Manunda won't make finals if they don't pick up some more talent.

Glen Martin went down early in the game with a possibly broken leg, didn't help Hawks too much, but stretches them even further. Will they spend the extra $$$ for NT imports or write the season off?

Not that I would wish ill seriously on another player, but, if only he'd done that in the first quarter of the GF last year! (that was a little joke, don't get upset, I don't actually wish injuries upon people and wish him a speedy recovery from whatever the diagnosis is)

Karmas a bitch, welcome to reality Manunda Hawks... you will get this year what you deserved for a long time. Better hope your Darwin imports are here quick, June 30 may be to late. G Martin Captain?? not sure what he did when 2 months ago wanted to goto saints, but damn must be a sweat talker.. 4th best spot.

Souths: Good to see a team playing and improving there juniors, may take a year or 2, but they have a good location for growth, maybe a few years late on this idea, but looking to blood the talent locally. Good work, and best of luck. 6th best spot

Cities: Improvement with the appointment of head coach Jason Roe, will struggle, may win a game or 2, need the juniors to develop over the next few years, Juniors and Seniors not training on same ground? could cause alittle space, but am sure will be better off than before. 7th best spot.

Centrals: Trying to stay solid, tough with a young coach, and an outlaw assistant, unfair? maybe, maybe not. It's cairns, got to take risks to try gaining an edge... pay off? dont think so, 5th best spot.

Norths: seem to be just coasting along, great coach in Kane, The outlaws of the competition, but building a great club from the ground up with the help of legend of afl in Rick Hanlon, Look to have some handy recuits, but still played plenty up juniors from the past years, 2nd best spot.

Saints: The professional outfit, built on southern league attributes, solid sponsors, well formed backroom, support for travelling couples, netball team, and a well organised accommodation setup for gun recruits at Cairns one complex. It takes alot of hard work to build this enviroment, (and abit of money), but success seems to follow most years. Light years in front of all other Cairns clubs. paying $1.01 for the flag.. and thats overs. 1st

Port Douglas: Respect to a team that is located in, yes a beautiful location, but lack of work would make recruiting a nightmare, able to field a reserves side, that is usually very handy, and a senior side that has been finals for many years. Welldone on the job, 3rd best spot.

Hope i didnt offend anyone, just a point of view.

This weekends matches
Centrals by 30
Port Douglas by 50
Saint by 90

Saints: The professional outfit, built on southern league attributes, solid sponsors, well formed backroom, support for travelling couples, netball team, and a well organised accommodation setup for gun recruits at Cairns one complex. It takes alot of hard work to build this enviroment, (and abit of money), but success seems to follow most years. Light years in front of all other Cairns clubs. paying $1.01 for the flag.. and thats overs. 1st

The club does try to assist where it can but we don't have any link to Cairns one I don't think. There are just a heap of us that live there.

Saints v Norths will be a close game this week, but it will hinge on how many each side have unavilable, Saints have a couple away. No point counting the chickens until June 30th... Still I wouldn't count them then.

Saints by at least 10 goals liddy won't kick 6 this week with a quality defender on him. North's top 10 can probably go with saints top 10 but drop off too rapidly after that. I doubt any team has the quality backmen too keep all 3 of saints 3 headed monter quiet.

It's not as though Glen Martin is a loyal player though - Norths player until he told them they didn't look after Indigenous players enough (read not enough money). Bit like Saint Nick who almost signed with the Lions before he was poached by the Saints. At least Saints are consistent - just as unethical and morally bankrupt this year as every other year!

It's not as though Glen Martin is a loyal player though - Norths player until he told them they didn't look after Indigenous players enough (read not enough money). Bit like Saint Nick who almost signed with the Lions before he was poached by the Saints. At least Saints are consistent - just as unethical and morally bankrupt this year as every other year!
Ha ha ha..... I not a saint but it was Damn funny when they bet u in the Grandfinal that cutters had practically tried to buy.

You have the nerve to talk about morals. If I remember that's when a lot of your sponsors pulled out and gave up.

Can you blame Nick. Why would u go to a club that has not got things together. They would have been better off sacking current coach and offering it to Nick. He made the logical choice I would think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too am not a Saints supporter but I applaud however they go about things as they are the benchmark of this competition. I would be a little upset also about losing a couple of Grand Finals to Saints... I can also see why you are a little upset becuase you guys did not get Gill either. I watched him run around Saturday night, as a forward I think he is pretty happy with his choice of clubs. I wish he came to Norths, at least he came down and gave us a chance.

I can't blame new blokes to the area going to few different clubs to get what they want (not just money), they need to enjoy the life up here.

When somebody's new to town, there are a list of things to consider when you choose a place to commit to playing football:

1)Success
2)Mateship
3)Level of Commitment
4)Money/Cost

There's probably more, but those are the main ones and people make decisions based on what their priorities are. Some people trade their existing mates for more money or success. Some stay with their mates knowing success is some way off. Some don't care about money, others don't want to commit to 2 nights training and every Saturday for 6 months of the year.

Things change for every player and for every club. One thing Saints has represented is success and mateship. The guys all get along with each other through many well-attended social functions and outside the club. Some clubs, particularly ones without demonstrable success need to offer more cash to make up for a lack of success or off-field benefits.

This is the same for every league and club anywhere in the country, people will forego money to go to successful clubs. Saying Nick was almost signed at Lions is like saying he almost signed at all the clubs he spoke to (which was most of them).

Ha ha ha..... I not a saint but it was Damn funny when they bet u in the Grandfinal that cutters had practically tried to buy.

You have the nerve to talk about morals. If I remember that's when a lot of your sponsors pulled out and gave up.

Can you blame Nick. Why would u go to a club that has not got things together. They would have been better off sacking current coach and offering it to Nick. He made the logical choice I would think

Spelling, shark bait, it might help say what you mean ,
how did they practically try to buy it????
with only 5 new players the rest from our 18's & reserve grade & last years seniors.
Dance away young fish breath, The other club had more new faces than us.

Guys,

I know some of you like to reside and post in the bay, the Regional threads are not Bay 13, the behavior in here has been unacceptable, there will not be any further warnings handed out, keep your comments to football and keep the individual abuse of players or other posters as well as the moderating to yourself.

Centrals by a goal,
Port by 8 goals,
Saints by 4 goals.

Too early to determine the reserves results, but I hope the Lions get a team on the park.

Norths v Saints
Match of the round. Saints have more new faces than Norths, but the Tigers have plenty of talent and building a successful team. I think Norths will come out hard and perhaps even be leading at quarter and maybe even half time before the depth of the Saints side gets them over the line in the 2nd half. Will be interesting to see how a new side plays together when there's a bit of pressure on. Last week against hawks wasn't much of a test. I'm sure the 2s game will be good too, plenty of competition for spots in the seniors for both teams.

Happy holidays, drive safe and behave.

Guys,

I know some of you like to reside and post in the bay, the Regional threads are not Bay 13, the behavior in here has been unacceptable, there will not be any further warnings handed out, keep your comments to football and keep the individual abuse of players or other posters as well as the moderating to yourself.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Tips: Centrals 10 points Port 55 points Saints 13 points

So are souths and Centrals shit? Or cities actually reasonable?

They are actually reasonable

if they get a reserve grade side to back them up, some full time depth they will give the comp a shake.

they'll win a few this year so be ready for them

Saints though will flog them as they will any other sides

Home from PD

Reserves lost it in the final two minutes ran out of legs

Seniors were gone before Qtr time 6 goals up before we responded

7 - 1 goals 1/4 time

Souths lost by 22 goals to 8 goals, can't remember the behinds

not pretty day for Souths

They have a young bloke that can fly

a least 3 speckies that I can remember

Home from PD

Reserves lost it in the final two minutes ran out of legs

Seniors were gone before Qtr time 6 goals up before we responded

7 - 1 goals 1/4 time

Souths lost by 22 goals to 8 goals, can't remember the behinds

not pretty day for Souths

They have a young bloke that can fly

a least 3 speckies that I can remember
TAMBA..... Time to lose that little saying at the bottom of your post. Maybe next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back