AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm only on the outside looking in, but seems to me that this Alex carter is copping a pasteing.
Is he really a bad egg or a kid who is misunderstood?

The competition is quite a bit weaker. Port are substantially down from last year in terms of talent. Last two years they've thrown everything at trying to win one but fell short both years. Hawks have probably covered any talent lost but are overall a ways off the team they were last year.

North Cairns are about the same with slight improvement but are sitting second on the ladder, which makes them the barometer considering they didn't make finals last season.

South Cairns are about the same, with some performances better and some weaker than last season.

Lions have improved to a point, they were getting thumped last season, and this season have come close to a win, but are still haven't won a game so can't really say they've improved greatly. Off field yes, which has been great.

Centrals have really plummeted from last season and has been a steady decline for past four years.

Saints had a huge turnover, losing many but gaining many, and are about the same but are dominating as there isn't the opposition of previous years. You could argue strongly that they are better up forward. Mids about same and backs are the same.

Nice evaluation
Who are the better players to leave the league from season 2011 and who are the recruits of 2012?
Are there are any players that are yet to show the faces on the field that are signed to clubs in 2012.... I guess you could call them missing in action,

I'm only on the outside looking in, but seems to me that this Alex carter is copping a pasteing.

There's no such thing as a bad kid in my book. He's just had bad role models and been spoilt rotten. Problem is, he's not a kid anymore, he's 20. So people won't put up with the tantrums and bad attitude anymore.

Kid has an attitude problem
it's the clubs fault not mine
Parents haven't helped

On his 3rd club here in Cairns
3 too go

Don't want him anywhere near Souths

It is really quite disturbing why these adults have a fixation on a 19 year old. Very disturbing!!

I guess everyone will go through periods of their lives where they are trying to discover who they are and where they fit. There are many kids who go through playing U18 and senior footy all in the same week. Simply they burn out and the passion and focus gets lost. He was best and fairest for the Cairns U16 rep team 2 years in a row. I guess when you reach the the top of the mountain there are always those who want to find a way to push you off.
It's the great Aussie pastime!!

And sadly you get people who hide behind faceless blogs that are the main culprits.

Let their footy do the talking

It is really quite disturbing why these adults have a fixation on a 19 year old. Very disturbing!!

I guess everyone will go through periods of their lives where they are trying to discover who they are and where they fit. There are many kids who go through playing U18 and senior footy all in the same week. Simply they burn out and the passion and focus gets lost. He was best and fairest for the Cairns U16 rep team 2 years in a row. I guess when you reach the the top of the mountain there are always those who want to find a way to push you off.
It's the great Aussie pastime!!

And sadly you get people who hide behind faceless blogs that are the main culprits.

Let their footy do the talking

Very well said!

Most of us at age 19/20 had some type of ego/arrogance. He's made a few silly errors, blamed others, but he's not Robinson Crusoe inregards to making mistakes.

I'm not here to defend the 'kid' or say bury him but he's simply immature for his age. What I'm trying to say is there's a chance he may pull his head in and look back at his mistakes and think 'gee I was a ****stick'.

We've all made mistakes, gents (smile face).

Hartbartlett I agree with you to a point. By I think what Tamba said is right also. Yes many kids go through discovering where they fit etc, but not as many go through 3 senior clubs by the time they are 19 blaming all and sundry for any lack in ability along the way.

And to say that being an under 16 best & fairest is "the top of the mountain" would be hilarious if I didn't actually think you were serious!

I am all for helping the kid, he needs it and hopefully someone can thru to him before it's too late. He needs to get away from here, bad influences tend to eat the weak. I think many have tried to tell him, not just faceless bloggers.

Cracker of a game and the crowd went wild when Hunt kicked the goal that I think few of us thought he'd kick. Not because of the pressure, but because I didn't think he could kick it with no pressure.

Should be an even bigger crowd next year. Lots of GC fans there and should be even more next year. Pity the tiges probably won't renew the deal after next year, hopefully GWS or WB or somebody takes up the deal. It's the best thing to happen for AFL Cairns and hopefully it continues. The biggest threat is whether Events Queensland keep stumping up the cash now that Newman's slashing everything possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracker of a game and the crowd went wild when Hunt kicked the goal that I think few of us thought he'd kick. Not because of the pressure, but because I didn't think he could kick it with no pressure.

Should be an even bigger crowd next year. Lots of GC fans there and should be even more next year. Pity the tiges probably won't renew the deal after next year, hopefully GWS or WB or somebody takes up the deal. It's the best thing to happen for AFL Cairns and hopefully it continues. The biggest threat is whether Events Queensland keep stumping up the cash now that Newman's slashing everything possible.

I watched the match on TV in Mareeba (was at dog shows) I really didn't think Hunt would do it, thought he would have shanked it, the way he looked at Abbott unsure (the TV show a close of it) & he urged him on for it The stacks on the mill at the end with Harbrow on top was funny.

But seriously GC when in front by heaps needs to have belief in themselves and stay there not get their score chipped back.

What an advertising pro-mo for the game next year and beyond .

Come on Tigers renew the liaison.

Word is that Richmond are filthy at the result and feel they have sold a finals spot. I have it from very good source they definitely will not be renewing their contract for playing here. They are of the opinion that for a Richmond home game, too much emphasis was given to the Suns and it was in effect, a Suns home game.

Nex question - who will be the team to sign up for selling a home game up here from now on?? Is it now seen as selling four points given that Richmond have lost both last year and this? It will need to be a Suns home game in my opinion. But will they move a home game from Metricon Stadium which has been an expensive investment needing to be paid off?

Food for thought.

What ever the outcome, it has been a huge shot in the arm for the game in FNQ.

Richmond definitely won't be renewing. It's viewed inside the club as a massive failure. I think they need any club other than GWS to take it up. The AFL should hopefully throw the cash at it, and hope that the Qld Govt hold up their end for what is a massive boost to the local economy. There were bucketloads of Richmond fans around Cairns Friday and Saturday night at bars and restaurants.

The main chances are Bulldogs, Melb, North Melb, Freo. Not many teams will get sell out crowds at home against GC, those are the ones that could use the cash injection.

There's no way in Freo would do it. Aside from being the farthest you could possibly travel in Australia, they are cashed up and don't need the money.

I think Melbourne would scoff at it but North or Bulldogs may be starters.

Big game this week with Hawks v Saints.

Gill, Walsh, Powell, Powell, Lewis, Richter, Tennick.

In no particular order.

I don't think there's a standout this year from what I've seen.

I thought the Coast might bring their Dockers game up here, it'd be consistently the smallest home crowd they'd get(The same amount of Freo people will go if it's in GC or Cairns). It's much more likely to be the home game of a Melbourne club with a bad stadium deal, one of the Etihad clubs.

Gill, Walsh, Powell, Powell, Lewis, Richter, Tennick.

In no particular order.

I don't think there's a standout this year from what I've seen.

I thought the Coast might bring their Dockers game up here, it'd be consistently the smallest home crowd they'd get(The same amount of Freo people will go if it's in GC or Cairns). It's much more likely to be the home game of a Melbourne club with a bad stadium deal, one of the Etihad clubs.

Gill, Walsh, they will take too many point off each other will all finish in the top 7

Richter will he have played enough to count,

Tennick not so sure the men in orange will look enough to give him heaps of 3's

Anywhere between 24 - 28 will take it

will look into my glass of Red and throw some roughie's shortly

Is their deal that bad?
I thought it was more media hype than anything---- ie ----whining to get more, like nearly every code does from their leagues,

I do know personally some places OVER CHARGE on FOOD down South,

even in Cairns at our local football grounds (two Dim Sims $2 absolute RIP OFF) but that is another day bitch for me

big smiles

Sorry but I have to ask Tamba, do you think $1 a dimmy is too much?? Maybe if you're eating 40 of them it might be! Maybe you could get a deal in bulk buying??

Sweet undies I was commenting on a something I was told from a Richmond official. They we dirty last year he aid and they wanted to pull out of coming here this year. Hardwick asked them to look into it apparently but they couldn't get out of it.

Sorry but I have to ask Tamba, do you think $1 a dimmy is too much?? Maybe if you're eating 40 of them it might be! Maybe you could get a deal in bulk buying??

Sweet undies I was commenting on a something I was told from a Richmond official. They we dirty last year he aid and they wanted to pull out of coming here this year. Hardwick asked them to look into it apparently but they couldn't get out of it.

Oh ok, darl. I'm surprised they weren't happy and spitting chips (sarcastic face).

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back