AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

just glad to see an even comp this year.

I think all sides will see every game as winnable this year.

IMO Saints not as good as last year.

Lions lost game with lapse of concentration 5 minutes before half time & 5 minutes after, in which time Tigers kicked 5 goals. Won the first & last quarters. Showed enormous improvement considering the average winning margin by Norths over us last year was 20 plus goals. Mueller killed us, he is a real Rolls Royce player, their young players were very good again as well. But I still think Souths were better & they proved they are contenders with win at Port. Interesting games this weekend.

Lions lost game with lapse of concentration 5 minutes before half time & 5 minutes after, in which time Tigers kicked 5 goals. Won the first & last quarters. Showed enormous improvement considering the average winning margin by Norths over us last year was 20 plus goals. Mueller killed us, he is a real Rolls Royce player, their young players were very good again as well. But I still think Souths were better & they proved they are contenders with win at Port. Interesting games this weekend.

Summary of your recruits Lion?

North is a far different team to last years team that thrashed the lions and others. They haven't recruited, lost at least 15 senior players from 2013 and are still winning games

North is a far different team to last years team that thrashed the lions and others. They haven't recruited, lost at least 15 senior players from 2013 and are still winning games

The cubs have come of age, the club has nurtured them and now gain the huge dividend,
time will tell over the next few years as other cubs get their footing as they proceed back too their glory days
Well done to the Tigers Management & Coaching staff (Kane & co) for this investment

The cubs have come of age, the club has nurtured them and now gain the huge dividend,
time will tell over the next few years as other cubs get their footing as they proceed back too their glory days
Well done to the Tigers Management & Coaching staff (Kane & co) for this investment

Tamba i hold much of what you say as gospel on this site but have to passionately disagree here

'Tigers Management and Coaching Staff'............... more like AFL Cape House and resources........ How much would Souths benefit if those kids were pooled from the Cape House and transported to your club for every training session using the house bus of all the elite kids from the Cape? How much would your club benefit from having Kane, Bosen, Hanlon apart of your coaching and support team? How much would your club benefit if the Cape House could provide employment opportunities for your senior players eg Allick was working in there as a house supervisor and there has been others???.............. Why do these players not spread around like a draft pool and help the others clubs be more culturally developed and benefit from the program? Would your players benefit with free work cars??? It may seem jealousy but what it is a bias and whilst the hats are coming off and tilting towards those named, he couldnt (ricter) get the job done last year paying (Davies, Mueller, Clough, Exton, Allick, Bosen, Tennick, Coran, Rokeby, Liddy and Labi.........) Cmon Tamba....... really? Tigers hand was forced as they are in debt and have no $$$ they fluked the fact of the above with having a solid junior base but i am looking forward to the Cape House having their own club and pyramid power continuing to grow but its funny how those players do end up in tigers outfits........ Wouldnt you think they would be cutters players seeing how they are on that side of town?

this weeks games to show where everyone is at. Hopefully this cyclone doesnt interrupt.

Centrals to beat norths at home.
Souths to beat saints by a couple.
Port to beat hawks fairly easy

Hawks have been playing the kids in both seniors and ressies after losing some players during the off season. Norths have lost juniors this year thanks to the introduction of the Cape York Eagles to the Colts and U15's. Norths may have previously benefited from these kids but no more. I believe Rick Hanlon no longer has time for Norths due to his coaching committments at the newly formed Eagles.

On another note, rumour has it that there is a bit of tension on the Norths front. I hear the Colts coach was sacked for not obeying the senior coach's wishes. Any news Watsons????

Kiss of Death for this week?

Centrals v Norths - with Centrals recent form and strong recruiting over the off season, Centrals to win at home against the Tigers.

Cutters v Saints - Saints started slowly against the Hawks last week and took a while to get going. However with the boisterous Cutters crowd, I think the Cutters will get home in a tight one.

Hawks v Port - There really is no reason for Hawks not to win this one. If they keep to their plan and structures I think they have the potential to beat the Crocs on home ground. Will still be a tough game to win.

Tamba i hold much of what you say as gospel on this site but have to passionately disagree here

'Tigers Management and Coaching Staff'............... more like AFL Cape House and resources........ How much would Souths benefit if those kids were pooled from the Cape House and transported to your club for every training session using the house bus of all the elite kids from the Cape? How much would your club benefit from having Kane, Bosen, Hanlon apart of your coaching and support team? How much would your club benefit if the Cape House could provide employment opportunities for your senior players eg Allick was working in there as a house supervisor and there has been others???.............. Why do these players not spread around like a draft pool and help the others clubs be more culturally developed and benefit from the program? Would your players benefit with free work cars??? It may seem jealousy but what it is a bias and whilst the hats are coming off and tilting towards those named, he couldnt (ricter) get the job done last year paying (Davies, Mueller, Clough, Exton, Allick, Bosen, Tennick, Coran, Rokeby, Liddy and Labi.........) Cmon Tamba....... really? Tigers hand was forced as they are in debt and have no $$$ they fluked the fact of the above with having a solid junior base but i am looking forward to the Cape House having their own club and pyramid power continuing to grow but its funny how those players do end up in tigers outfits........ Wouldnt you think they would be cutters players seeing how they are on that side of town?

Very comprehensive list of losses does that include the big CHF that could play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I agree, but every club in Cairns would have loved to have gotten some of these VERY Talented ladz.
From my understanding Norths were the only team to make a move to recruit/aid/support them. Souths were too slow to the idea, but also from my discussions / inquiries at the time, they frankly did not think of it, and were beaten to the punch.
Pyramid Power will be a great talented team of the future and I honestly hope it happens soon. , we had Power players playing for the Cutters some years ago when that grade was not available to them, that was when Steve Daniels was coaching. Most clubs would benefit from having the likes of Richter, Hanlon, Allick, Liddy at there side also if Kenno, Max etc from Saints were available any one would jump at the opportunity to grab them same as Andy from PD. I agree when the Cape House has their own club as well what a strong region Cairns will become.

What would a fitting mascot name for them be or do they have one currently ?

Kiss of Death

Souths to win by a few points, what with the balcony and crowd behind them not to mention playing their 1st home game of the season.

Dogs over Tigers and that makes me un-easy to say that

Port to teach Hawks a football lesson ----sorry

Saints V South. Souths to get up by 4 goals.
Dogs V Tigers. Too hard to pick a clear winner, will say dogs up at 3qtr time.

Yes I agree, but every club in Cairns would have loved to have gotten some of these VERY Talented ladz.
From my understanding Norths were the only team to make a move to recruit/aid/support them. Souths were too slow to the idea, but also from my discussions / inquiries at the time, they frankly did not think of it, and were beaten to the punch.
Pyramid Power will be a great talented team of the future and I honestly hope it happens soon. , we had Power players playing for the Cutters some years ago when that grade was not available to them, that was when Steve Daniels was coaching. Most clubs would benefit from having the likes of Richter, Hanlon, Allick, Liddy at there side also if Kenno, Max etc from Saints were available any one would jump at the opportunity to grab them same as Andy from PD. I agree when the Cape House has their own club as well what a strong region Cairns will become.

What would a fitting mascot name for them be or do they have one currently ?

AFL Cape York has Under 15's and 17.5's this season and are known as the Eagles.

weekends games might be cancelled.. see what Ita does overnight and should know by tomorrow midday.

if that happens will they replay the round during the bye?

Player safety is important not to mention that the cyclone was tipped to be category 5. Coaches, players and support staff needed to be home with families. Was the right decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back