AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

They do!
Maybe afl cairns could have waited to make decision about the cancellation today ??

Uneducated comment. At least 44 players for each club would need to be contacts plus managers, asst coaches water boys, trainers, volunteers and the rest, that all takes time. In my opinion AFL cairns made the right call, as part of their duty of care, cyclones are unpredictable by nature and made the decision with the relevant information they had available. I dare say a lot of players may have been heavily involved in preparing their properties for the weather as well. Best off playing the games at a later date.

Can someone tell me why AFL Cairns have scheduled a game on Good Friday?

Regarding AFL Cairns cancelling the weekend round, I agree with others. This was the best decision given the information and conditions at hand. Particularly with the localised flooding around the northern beaches etc.

Can someone tell me why AFL Cairns have scheduled a game on Good Friday?

Regarding AFL Cairns cancelling the weekend round, I agree with others. This was the best decision given the information and conditions at hand. Particularly with the localised flooding around the northern beaches etc.

IIRC they have played a Good Friday game the past few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On sporting pulse it shows weekends games as "washed out". Does that mean the round will be replayed? Or 2 points each? ladder not updated as yet.... Anybody heard what the outcome may be?

On sporting pulse it shows weekends games as "washed out". Does that mean the round will be replayed? Or 2 points each? ladder not updated as yet.... Anybody heard what the outcome may be?
Havent heard the outcome. I thnk if they were going to be replayed it would have been announced.

The games would have to be made up! With the comp looking like being a close one this year every premiership point counts.

7th June there is a general bye and AFL weekend there is a general bye. Clubs should organise to play on one of these dates to make the games up.

The games would have to be made up! With the comp looking like being a close one this year every premiership point counts.

7th June there is a general bye and AFL weekend there is a general bye. Clubs should organise to play on one of these dates to make the games up.
Yep, agree, that would be the fair option.

I can tell you one thing, there is no way in hell that Gary Young will have catch up games on the weekend of the AFL game.

I enquired on their facebook post & they said that they are seeking input from all presidents before making a decision.

surely it has to be replayed.

Otherwise lions lose there guaranteed bye points which they need badly.

port are disadvantaged as they had their most winnable game.

the other two games were probably 50/50.

anyway lions and port come off worst who both will need points badly if they are to make finals this year

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back