AFL - Can you be bothered anymore?

Remove this Banner Ad

don't know if its just me - but i just can't be bothered with it anymore.

Sick of the AFL changing the rules to suit their new investment - while other clubs have had to wait over 30 years to win a flag.

The introduction o free agency to help support Gold Coast succeed, meaning that clubs "rebuilding" plans go out the window...

Constantly changing the rules to the point that players don't even understand them anymore....

seriously, can anyone be bothered? Do you think you just love richmond, or you actually love the game of AFL

if the tige's folded tomorrow, i can honestly say my interest in football would be about as high as my interest is for Baseball

so glad this is a world cup year:thumbsu:

mate sounds like you're in a slump...wait till the season gets going.

mate sounds like you're in a slump...wait till the season gets going.

Love the Tig's mate - but over the last couple of seasons - the game of AFL itself has becoming more and more tedious.

Taking away the occasional epic game we are privy to between two non Richmond teams = my interest in watching any other game is bet zero and none.

I can't stand the fact that we all know we don't get a "fair go" to win or make money. The fixture is tainted - the draft is tainted - the umpiring appears to be becoming more tainted - the trading and signing of players is now tainted, the salary cap is as tainted as ever, the rules book is altered and tainted every year and the tribunal is tainted.

Its been a long long time since the AFL did something that i actually thought was right, the correct decision. Or should i say the fair and just decision.

They have one thing in mind and it is $$$ . They are willing to compromise the codes integrity and the supporters trust to get as much of it as they can.

It

To me AFL is becoming about as interesting as missionary sex with a prostitute.

The only people who still enjoy is are the one's who are desperate, have no pride or imagination, and are just happy to be getting laid one way or another - as they feel it gives their life or existence purpose.

....and yes, i'm talking about you MT:cool::)

seriously, if anyone can watch this game and not notice how tampered and diluted it has become to help the people at the top make more and more money to benefit themselves - they are just plain idiots and drones.

who can possibly enjoy something anymore once you know you are being deceived??

You didn't even love the game in the first place. You're going on about afl lovers being desperate, money hungry or being happy with any old root. But this is the reason why you went to qld. Either your wife dragged you there and you didn't want her to leave you or $$$ signs flashed in front of you for a new job in qld. It is you who is more interested in Money and bitches :cool:
I'm not one of those cheap money grabbers. I'd rather be earning 50k less and living here. I'm a loyal, passionate Tiger who supports our game even though it could do without a couple of blemishes every year.
I love the game and I'm not going to pack my bags and move to Rugby QLD like you did. We're in the preseason where stupid rules are trialled and like all new rules, the umps overeact a mile at the beginning but in 6 months they will barely exist. The hands in the back rule was alot more strict 2 years ago now it's barely noticeable. Yeah Adrian Anderson is a panzy and the game is being tampered with a bit too much lately but it will be very watered down once again. I'll be at the games watching the Tigers become the biggest club in Australia again while you get bored of the sun tanning and rugby and pretend to support the Tigers ;).

You didn't even love the game in the first place :cool:
I love the game and I'm not going to pack my bags and move to Rugby QLD like you did. We're in the preseason where stupid rules are trialled and like all new rules, the umps overeact a mile at the beginning but in 6 months they will barely exist. The hands in the back rule was alot more strict 2 years ago now it's barely noticeable. Yeah Adrian Anderson is a panzy and the game is being tampered with a bit too much lately but it will be very watered down once again. I'll be at the game watching the Tigers become the biggest club in Australia again while you pretend to support the Tigers ;).

It's not about the tigers, you knobhead. It's about the sport itself. I'll follow the Tiges for as long as they exist, but outside of Richmond I'm not interested because they are turning the game to shit. And even when watching the Tigers, I can't help but be aware of the crappy rules interpretation and application. When I open the paper or get online to read about the Tiges, I can't help but notice how they are spoon feeding artificial clubs, placing the interests of business people over those of the common fan. The game is not ours anymore. They kidnapped it and r*ped it.

It's not about the tigers, you knobhead. It's about the sport itself. I'll follow the Tiges for as long as they exist, but outside of Richmond I'm not interested because they are turning the game to shit. And even when watching the Tigers, I can't help but be aware of the crappy rules interpretation and application. When I open the paper or get online to read about the Tiges, I can't help but notice how they are spoon feeding artificial clubs, placing the interests of business people over those of the common fan. The game is not ours anymore. They kidnapped it and r*ped it.

You're stuck in preseason mode where the rules are exaggerated you solid peice of faeces :cool:. The game is bigger every year. I'm not the one being sucked in by the umps performance last week. Once the season is underway you will barely even see that rule as a problem because what we saw against the Hawks was an exaggeration X 5. Demetriou does go overboard with stupid new rules every preseason but 3 months down the track they are almost non existent to how they were when they first came out because they umps start using common sense. I love watching the game still, it's quicker and more skillfull and the competition is slowly evening up. I'll still enjoy watching any games and i won't pretend to like it like Astro does. The game evolves and Anderson won't be there forever either. Tampering comes and goes, but once the proper season starts it's pretty much back to normal :cool:

Let's be honest, there were plenty of hideous to watch games back in the 'good old days.' Games where only a couple of goals were kicked; games where the ground was so bad it took most of the skill out of the spectacle; games where you'd sit through an hour in total of kick to kick on the wing because the players were too tired to do anything else; games where the ball being belted out of bounds deliberately over and over again or midget rovers diving and laying on the ball over and over again slowed the whole thing to a boring crawl; games where the ball was so waterlogged it couldn't be kicked or handballed beyond just belting it forward; games where the one umpire was so incompetent it ruined nearly every minute of the game; games which were so one-sided year after year they were foregone conclusions nobody cared about. I'm sure I missed a few.

For all the things I do sadly miss from the old days, losing most of the above has improved the game IMO.

I'd also add that the AFL isn't responsible for the 'tactical improvements' in football. Many of the changes we've seen over the last couple of decades have been driven by the coaches and clubs: flooding, mass use of the interchange bench, zoning, possession football, drafting only players who fit very specific pre-requisites etc. All the coaches and clubs have adopted these methods and more as the 'template for success', because in the end, their members and supporters demand that they act along the same lines as the successful clubs.

Never underestimate the power of conformity eh? ;)

Let's be honest, there were plenty of hideous to watch games back in the 'good old days.' Games where only a couple of goals were kicked; games where the ground was so bad it took most of the skill out of the spectacle; games where you'd sit through an hour in total of kick to kick on the wing because the players were too tired to do anything else; games where the ball being belted out of bounds deliberately over and over again or midget rovers diving and laying on the ball over and over again slowed the whole thing to a boring crawl; games where the ball was so waterlogged it couldn't be kicked or handballed beyond just belting it forward; games where the one umpire was so incompetent it ruined nearly every minute of the game; games which were so one-sided year after year they were foregone conclusions nobody cared about. I'm sure I missed a few.

For all the things I do sadly miss from the old days, losing most of the above has improved the game IMO.

I'd also add that the AFL isn't responsible for the 'tactical improvements' in football. Many of the changes we've seen over the last couple of decades have been driven by the coaches and clubs: flooding, mass use of the interchange bench, zoning, possession football, drafting only players who fit very specific pre-requisites etc. All the coaches and clubs have adopted these methods and more as the 'template for success', because in the end, their members and supporters demand that they act along the same lines as the successful clubs.

The other point is that (in the 'good ol days') you only watched one game anyway, or even one quarter of one game. Now, the saturation of the coverage of games means each week we watch maybe two decent games, and several others which mean nothing to us and are unimpressive as a contest as well.

Of course, DT and SC mean we have a reason to watch even the shite games now :thumbsu: ;)

Sick of the AFL changing the rules to suit their new investment - while other clubs have had to wait over 30 years to win a flag.

The introduction o free agency to help support Gold Coast succeed, meaning that clubs "rebuilding" plans go out the window...

Constantly changing the rules to the point that players don't even understand them anymore....

seriously, can anyone be bothered? Do you think you just love richmond, or you actually love the game of AFL

if the tige's folded tomorrow, i can honestly say my interest in football would be about as high as my interest is for Baseball

I agree 200%, the game is not what it was 10 years ago, rules changing year by year, rule interpretations changing week by week, tanking for the 1st Draft pick (10 years ago winning the wooden spoon was a disgrace... now its a prize). The game is a disgrace these days, its become soft, players are more worried about their hair, their tan and what suit they are going to wear to the brownlow medal.

I can honestly say that i go to the games each week for my love of the yellow and black, my dad took me to my first game when i was 2 and have had yellow and black blood running through my veins since.

I too am very happy that its a world cup year :)

--
I'd also add that the AFL isn't responsible for the 'tactical improvements' in football. Many of the changes we've seen over the last couple of decades have been driven by the coaches and clubs: flooding, mass use of the interchange bench, zoning, possession football, drafting only players who fit very specific pre-requisites etc. All the coaches and clubs have adopted these methods and more as the 'template for success', ---.

Bloody good point!
Actually I hate the rotations the most - blokes should be able to play out a quarter - would love to see a cap on the interchange -even a large one- 20/q - some of the games have been clocking up >100, 200 interchanges a game

I take your point that significant changes have been made by coaching tactics, ? were there interchange caps in the olden days? I only cared who took a speccy / kicked a goal when I was a young-un

Guys lets not go over board Aussie rules is still the best sport in the world to watch even when my beloved team sucks! I still watch at least 4 games a week when i can... an idea enter the dreamteam comp and you start enjoying it alot more!

I have entered multiple dream team comps, doesnt help hide the fact that the game as a whole is starting to suck, I cannot sit through a game Richmond isnt playing

You didn't even love the game in the first place. You're going on about afl lovers being desperate, money hungry or being happy with any old root. But this is the reason why you went to qld. Either your wife dragged you there and you didn't want her to leave you or $$$ signs flashed in front of you for a new job in qld. It is you who is more interested in Money and bitches :cool:
I'm not one of those cheap money grabbers. I'd rather be earning 50k less and living here. I'm a loyal, passionate Tiger who supports our game even though it could do without a couple of blemishes every year.
I love the game and I'm not going to pack my bags and move to Rugby QLD like you did. We're in the preseason where stupid rules are trialled and like all new rules, the umps overeact a mile at the beginning but in 6 months they will barely exist. The hands in the back rule was alot more strict 2 years ago now it's barely noticeable. Yeah Adrian Anderson is a panzy and the game is being tampered with a bit too much lately but it will be very watered down once again. I'll be at the games watching the Tigers become the biggest club in Australia again while you get bored of the sun tanning and rugby and pretend to support the Tigers ;).

You're a C0*KHEAD

The End

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are out of your mind you halfwit.. That has to be the largest and longest piece of drivel I have ever read:thumbsdown:

The other point is that (in the 'good ol days') you only watched one game anyway, or even one quarter of one game. Now, the saturation of the coverage of games means each week we watch maybe two decent games, and several others which mean nothing to us and are unimpressive as a contest as well.

Of course, DT and SC mean we have a reason to watch even the shite games now :thumbsu: ;)

Yeah timoc, nobody ever saw how bad the (purely hypothetically ;)) St. Kilda V Footscray game where they played knee deep in water and kicked three goals for the day was unless you were there.

were there interchange caps in the olden days?

Two man bench with no cap until the 4-man bench was introduced KCT, I think perhaps way back before that it used to be a substitute system.

Sports marketing has a lot to answer for too ... we are absolutely inundated with sports and sports people. It's just too much. Watching the Olympics makes me sick, not for the sports, but the coverage. Same thing happening to footy. Trying to please and appeal to everyone, instead of just being what it is. There used to be a distinct cricket and footy season ... now the new footy season basically starts again the day after the granny, such is the continued coverage.

I have made a conscious effort to tone done my exposure to footy over hte off season, in a bid to increase my tolerance during the season proper. I was burnt out by half way through last year ... sounds a bit dramatic I know ... just got boring!

I feel the same AFL is just up to shit for me this year..but then I think Im just disillusioned..seems like if your not getting any team satisfaction correlates pretty much with your level of interest in the sport tbh.

I dont even want to do footy tipping this year and thats just so unlike me ...if you knew my mum she would tell you once I renig on footy tipping Im off me footy and theres no talking me into it.

I have really gone off footy this year and have reignited my interest in Tennis and mum has bought me a new racket ..my fave player is Mark Phillipousis. He is wicked.

Maybe Ill come back to it in a year and if Tigers lift theyre game might even buy a badge, if theyre lucky :thumbsu::D

I feel the same AFL is just up to shit for me this year..but then I think Im just disillusioned..seems like if your not getting any team satisfaction correlates pretty much with your level of interest in the sport tbh.

I have really gone off footy this year and have reignited my interest in Tennis.

Maybe Ill come back to it in a year and if Tigers lift theyre game might even buy a badge, if theyre lucky :thumbsu::D

We don't want you Cousins bandwagoners. **** off.

Guys lets not go over board Aussie rules is still the best sport in the world to watch even when my beloved team sucks! I still watch at least 4 games a week when i can... an idea enter the dreamteam comp and you start enjoying it alot more!

I think the mssionary sex with the prostitute sounds much better than your dreamteam comp.

Thats a bit harsh deledio mate. Dont get pissed at me, Ill get an interest in footy again, mum said she would get me a Tigers guernsey to spark me passion again, but I think she should she doesnt realise how deeply depressed I really am about this.

I would really appreciate it it if you guys would just be a little more sensitive and ressasure me that Tiges will do a lot better this year. Ben cant carry the whole team again for a full year can he?

You should see my eyes light up when I Cousins hits the ground running and the crowd goes wild at the mere sight of him. My eyes just pop out of my head and mum just glows when she sees me so happy..its worth for her to get my interest back in the Tigers because when Im happy she is happy..we are really close like this.

I hate it that Nick Nat. is wearing Cuzzs number 9..I have written to West Coast telling them that if they give him another number I might be persuaded to go back to West Coast..Ill let you know how I go??:)

Watch this space and wish me luck..mums gonna be pleased if I get a good result:thumbsu: ..

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL - Can you be bothered anymore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back