AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2008
albury
Re: AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

there will not be any facilities out there, or should i say anything more than basic facilities, out there for a while after the ground is up and running again. possibly 5 years (only due to wat is really a very small budget). there certainly is a pitch in there and that was part of the agreement for the redevelopment of the ground so we could get some more cash out of the ACT government, that it was used for cricket in summer. it defeinatly wont be the ground that it once was as far as watching footy goes for a while though the playing surface should be fine. id say there will be a fair few district games on there in the beginning.

there will not be any facilities out there, or should i say anything more than basic facilities, out there for a while after the ground is up and running again. possibly 5 years (only due to wat is really a very small budget). there certainly is a pitch in there and that was part of the agreement for the redevelopment of the ground so we could get some more cash out of the ACT government, that it was used for cricket in summer. it defeinatly wont be the ground that it once was as far as watching footy goes for a while though the playing surface should be fine. id say there will be a fair few district games on there in the beginning.
well at least there is some sort of sport thats gonna be played on it thats a start.
Even though there are no sheds there the yass roos will gladly run a tent erection course if enough interest is generated:thumbsu:;)

well at least there is some sort of sport thats gonna be played on it thats a start.
Even though there are no sheds there the yass roos will gladly run a tent erection course if enough interest is generated:thumbsu:;)

Saint have you been for a run yet ?

Just been gymin it man whys that you need a walkin partner. i cant go bike ridin with ya cos i only ride with people that wear a helmet!!:p:p
I bought a helmet, much to the delite of the gentleman that booked me.
He still thinks its funny but what else would you expect from a west coast supporter !!!.:D

Good to see the leauge are very busy in preperation for the 09 season some very interesting changes in the bylaws not limited to the new rule introduced in regards to players suspended and serving that suspention in another grade.
This makes the tribunial,s job a little eaiser .The revamped finals player eligability rules are also now very clear thums up Rusty and Rowan good job:thumbsu:
The draft draw will be available friday.
The development policy gives priority over the next two seasons to Tuggers the Creek and Gungahlin on face value the leauge seem to be headed in the rite direction and all looks good for the districts afl comp.:)
Keep up the good work men.:thumbsu:

Now all we need is for basic spell-check software to be introduced to Big Footy and everything will begin to fall into place...

Oh, wait! It's always had one!
Perhaps we need to have one of the moderators run a special half-day course on how to use it.

:D

Good to see the leauge are very busy in preperation for the 09 season some very interesting changes in the bylaws not limited to the new rule introduced in regards to players suspended and serving that suspention in another grade.
This makes the tribunial,s job a little eaiser .The revamped finals player eligability rules are also now very clear thums up Rusty and Rowan good job:thumbsu:
The draft draw will be available friday.
The development policy gives priority over the next two seasons to Tuggers the Creek and Gungahlin on face value the leauge seem to be headed in the rite direction and all looks good for the districts afl comp.:)
Keep up the good work men.:thumbsu:

Are you sure Rusty did the new rules ? And the new blokes only been there five minutes !! The Jets shoulda been pushed into Div 2 after three successive pemierships.

Are you sure Rusty did the new rules ? And the new blokes only been there five minutes !! The Jets shoulda been pushed into Div 2 after three successive pemierships.

Why? That would just make it uneven again. Tuggeranong have stepped up this year and good on them for doing it. That makes it a 6 team comp, just like Div 1.

I bought a helmet, much to the delite of the gentleman that booked me.
He still thinks its funny but what else would you expect from a west coast supporter !!!.:D
was it marcus that booked you, if so he is a geelong supporter, even worse

Now all we need is for basic spell-check software to be introduced to Big Footy and everything will begin to fall into place...

Oh, wait! It's always had one!
Perhaps we need to have one of the moderators run a special half-day course on how to use it.

Thanks for that shanefoss i wondered what that icon was for you can't put brains in statues !!!

The jets will be there soon enough FIM. From what I have heard they are working on their junior development to U18s and corporate sponsorship so that when they do go up in a year or two they can maximise their chances of survival. I reckon they don't want to be just another quick fix that eventually fails. Good on 'em for taking a sound approach I say....:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that shanefoss i wondered what that icon was for you can't put brains in statues !!!

LOL! :D

I'll be interested to see what the draft draw for '09 looks like.
Would be nice if the two-team clubs could play more games at the same venue on the same day next season.
I suppose umpire availability will play a pretty big part in how the draw is structured again though...

LOL! :D

I'll be interested to see what the draft draw for '09 looks like.
Would be nice if the two-team clubs could play more games at the same venue on the same day next season.
I suppose umpire availability will play a pretty big part in how the draw is structured again though...
shanefoss i have the draw for o9 recieved it today.
Your club secretary should have it also .

Belconnen v Yass Rd 14 at Yass
Belconnen v Yass Rd 16 at Jamo

Interesting draw. I don't know how we'll cope backing up against the super-star squad of ex-AFL and subway franchise owners twice in three weeks though ....

Stoked with all the double headers. Good to see the League listening to requests from the clubs.

Belconnen v Yass Rd 14 at Yass
Belconnen v Yass Rd 16 at Jamo

Interesting draw. I don't know how we'll cope backing up against the super-star squad of ex-AFL and subway franchise owners twice in three weeks though ....

Stoked with all the double headers. Good to see the League listening to requests from the clubs.
So i take it your a fourth grade maggie now then 3rd grade.:p

The subway in yass is still for sale btw.

For the second year in a row, games are scheduled on and around Anzac Day.

Personally, I dont like it - long weekends should be football free, even if it messes up the start of the year.

Others thoughts?

I agree with long weekends being kept footy free GF .

The draw has no suprises as far as yass go its about what we thought it would be.

I hope ainslie and tuggers arn't the whipping boys again this year.

Have the jets named there respective coaches yet ?

The rumor mill suggests that last years div 4 player of the year will take the fours.

Anybody heard anything else ?

Have the jets named there respective coaches yet ?

The rumor mill suggests that last years div 4 player of the year will take the fours.

Anybody heard anything else ?

I heard Shane Crawford is interested in opening a beauty salon in Yass and is reconsidering his retirement from football.

I heard Shane Crawford is interested in opening a beauty salon in Yass and is reconsidering his retirement from football.

I actually heard Michael Tuck is feeling pretty good and wants to play a few games with his kids so he's considering the tree change and heading out Yass way and bringing Shane and Travis with him.

The Gungahlin Jets would like to hear from anyone interested in playing or being involved in Aussie rules in Canberra for next season and beyond. The Jets have won the last 3 senior premierships and had the seconds in the GF last year also. The club prides itself on promoting a family friendly atmosphere, fun, mateship and both on and off field success. The jets are looking to continue this success in the coming season with the long term goal of entering sides in the Premier divisions of the ACTAFL. All prospective players should contact senior coach Daniel Scholfield on 0408471741 and for others wanting to get involved,( eg sponsors or volunteers) please contact club president Joe Cortese on 0414512769

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back