AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this weekend, Murrumbidgee should find themselves either in the 4 or on the cusp with a win over Ainslie.

This weekends Eastlake vs Belco match is significant - both clubs have the bye in the higher grades, so I'm curious how many players will 'make themselves available' for the 3rds and 4ths matchs.

If Eastlake win, they are locked into the 4 - a Belco win will see them back in touch with the 4.

Then we get to see it all again the next week, an interesting quirk in the draw!

You'd think they'll let the result stand.

And were there any disappointed punters sitting at an empty Clarke Oval on Sunday wondering where everyone was?
Apparently they showed up on a sat a few weeks ago to play belco (or so they say) for what was listed as a sunday game, then i read in their local rag that they told belco and the league that they couldnt/wouldnt play sunday, and they had no response from belco or the league so they are taking it further, not much point seeing they have only won 1 game and i reckon if they play belco on any day they would still lose. Maybe they think they are in a league of their own and can do as they like, well perhaps they might end up in a league on their own. they could do their own draw, supply their own umpires and play themselves every weekend at clarke oval. No seriously i wish them well under astute coach don oliver, very young team with some potential.:confused:

Apparently they showed up on a sat a few weeks ago to play belco (or so they say) for what was listed as a sunday game, then i read in their local rag that they told belco and the league that they couldnt/wouldnt play sunday, and they had no response from belco or the league so they are taking it further, not much point seeing they have only won 1 game and i reckon if they play belco on any day they would still lose. Maybe they think they are in a league of their own and can do as they like, well perhaps they might end up in a league on their own. they could do their own draw, supply their own umpires and play themselves every weekend at clarke oval. No seriously i wish them well under astute coach don oliver, very young team with some potential.:confused:

They sent a 27 word email to the league on Friday morning.
'Due to the late change to the draw and as indicated when told – Cootamundra is unable to play this Sunday – WE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS A FORFEIT.'

If they are saying they rolled up on the Saturday to play then they are either stupid or lying.

The story coming out of coota is the coach is not available for sunday games as to why i dont know.
The other problem they have is that most of the current crop of younger players back up for soccor which is played on sundays,i dont think that they new this was going to happen at the start of the season and giving that they now say they were working of the first draft draw and not the amended real draw i can understand there confusion.
What they need to understand is that they have to go through the leauge to make changes and not just do it club to club like last weekends game with yass.
Mind you i cant believe that we at yass did nothing about contacting the leauge either.
Regardless we all need to try and help coota if at all possible we dont want to lose them agian and be left with two byes and for some two forfeits. IMO

Southcab

Its not that hard to give Russell a call at AFL Canberra (and g'day Rusty - I'm sure you'll read this).

We had three or four draw changes that had to be made, and with a couple of weeks notice and a couple of phone calls to the opposition and ACT Grounds, the matches were rescheduled without fuss or hassles.

If Coota are unable to have the courtesy to make the calls to the league and their opponents, then maybe they should be penalised for poor administration.

Its not that hard

The story coming out of coota is the coach is not available for sunday games as to why i dont know.

Maybe the coach is unavailable on Sunday's because he is at church praying for a better draw!!!

Coota should get Saturday away games where possible, but ground availability and umpires are an issue each weekend in Canberra, and has been for years.

GF - regarding your comments about "Eastlake and Belconnen players 'make themselves available' for the 3rds and 4ths matches" I am under the impression that if a player played in 1s or 2s last week they would not be eligible to play in a lower grade this week due to the bye in 1s and 2s. Injured players coming back would be eligible though, but i am not sure
1. there are players at BMFC returning from injury, or
2. that the selection committee would want any recovering 1st graders running around with the 3s!!!
We do desperately need a win though to keep the finals dream alive!

Correct on what you are saying about 1st and 2nd grade players coming down to play 3rd division but maybe the league should mention the rules to Tuggeranong who keep on braking the rules every year and get away with it due to spineless league officials.

How dumb do you think Tuggeranong think other teams are playing 1st or 2nd grade players under other names against teams like Murrumbidgee who have got heaps of ex-Tugger players who know who they are. They aren't that smart down there at Hawks land.

Correct on what you are saying about 1st and 2nd grade players coming down to play 3rd division but maybe the league should mention the rules to Tuggeranong who keep on braking the rules every year and get away with it due to spineless league officials.

How dumb do you think Tuggeranong think other teams are playing 1st or 2nd grade players under other names against teams like Murrumbidgee who have got heaps of ex-Tugger players who know who they are. They aren't that smart down there at Hawks land.

Why would Tuggers risk losing points across all their grades for a 3rd grade game?? I think you are still a little cut because they beat you some weeks back in that grade.
Being in a club that has 4 mens teams i can tell you it is bloody difficult to coordinate all 4 grades each week so maybe you clubs that have just 3rd or 4th grade sides should give the Eastlakes/Tugg/Ainslies/Belco's some credit for improving your comp
Can you identify those supposed players that played under a false name?
I doubt they would risk 1st grade players - bigger fish to fry surely??
How come you 2 clubs hate each other so much?
Is it because you are all related somehow ??:)

TwoBobs

Guys playing down a grade when having a bye in a higher division, either under there own name or a falsie, is nothing new.

There may have been an instance a year or two ago when Belconnen played guys from a higher grade (Their 2nd reserves team if memory serves me right?) in a Div 4 semi final against Murrumbidgee. It may not have been against the exact wording of the rules, but was against the spirit of the rules.

Its an example of clubs using players from higher divisions - the rules are there but I don't know of a single instance where any penalties have been applied against clubs that have broken these rules. However, Lets not reopen that can of worms here.

But lets say this weekend Belco and Eastlake both have 10 guys unavailable from their normal 3's and 4's sides and are struggling to fill their teams with the required 44 players. Would they not be tempted to play a regular ressies player, or maybe an U18 or two who is in town, keen for a match and a chance to have 100 kicks?

TwoBobs

Guys playing down a grade when having a bye in a higher division, either under there own name or a falsie, is nothing new.

There may have been an instance a year or two ago when Belconnen played guys from a higher grade (Their 2nd reserves team if memory serves me right?) in a Div 4 semi final against Murrumbidgee. It may not have been against the exact wording of the rules, but was against the spirit of the rules.

Its an example of clubs using players from higher divisions - the rules are there but I don't know of a single instance where any penalties have been applied against clubs that have broken these rules. However, Lets not reopen that can of worms here.

But lets say this weekend Belco and Eastlake both have 10 guys unavailable from their normal 3's and 4's sides and are struggling to fill their teams with the required 44 players. Would they not be tempted to play a regular ressies player, or maybe an U18 or two who is in town, keen for a match and a chance to have 100 kicks?

untrue on Div 4 semi that year 2 bobs

all teams were playing finals that weekend from memory and the rules clearly indicate any player can play any grade on the same weekend.

some players from the 3rds ( 2nd ressies) had played 4s during the year and qualified to play

its the luck of the draw when finals come round

and Murrumbidgee didnt cop it on the chin - pack of whingers out there!!

Have had no issues in the past with Belco/Ainslie or Eastlake with players playing down because it has always been in the guidelines of the rules. I do know that the Div4 bidgee boys were a bit upset last year but once it was explained they were very much fine with the outcome.

Tuggers do like coming up against Bidgee and putting higher graded players in the side so that they can give us a run and actually win a game. It all stems back from when Bidgee told them to flogg off with their affiliation due to the hawks owing the bidgee thousands of dollars.

TwoBobs

GF, can honestly say that even with lots of injuries, BMFC would not even consider playing a person under a pseudonym or another players name. That would definitely be unsportsman like stuff, and besides, Norm (our long serving CD rep on BMFC board) would not allow it. Potential liability for the club would be huge if an unregisterd player was seriously injured as insurance would not cover injuries, and other risks like being reported/club losing premiership points far outweigh the benefits of playing an unregistered/ineligible player. If the scenario that you state above existed, I would suggest that the two clubs (Belco and Eastlake) get together and discuss possible replacement players (ie 2s players that the league may grant permission to play under such special circumstances) otherwise one team would have to forfeit if they could not field 14 players.

I have played at BMFC since 2002, and I am unaware of any player that has played under another name. I coached in 2005/2006 and this definitely didnt happen at BMFC.

As for the 2007 div 4 semi final, i was playing in the 2nd ressies team that you speak of, and we were still playing the ACTAFL home and away season, we played the same day as the 4s so that meant that any player not selected in any of the above grades was eligible for 4s finals, provided they had played (I think 3) games in 4s during the season.

Having returned mid season from being overseas, I personally played 3 or 4 games in 4s before going back into 2nd ressies team. I was made aware of the qualification rules toward the end of the season, and there was an opportunity for me to play in the 4s finals series, but I did not. By no means am I saying that I would have made a difference to the results of finals series, just proving to you a fine example of the spirit of the laws being upheld by BMFC.

I can see smaller clubs might feel disadvantaged when this scenario presents itself, but think of the bigger clubs - they have more people playing Aussie Rules (which is what it is all about) and it would seem ridiculous that you would argue that a player would not be able to play finals, even when the laws state that he can....

Why would Tuggers risk losing points across all their grades for a 3rd grade game?? I think you are still a little cut because they beat you some weeks back in that grade.
Being in a club that has 4 mens teams i can tell you it is bloody difficult to coordinate all 4 grades each week so maybe you clubs that have just 3rd or 4th grade sides should give the Eastlakes/Tugg/Ainslies/Belco's some credit for improving your comp
Can you identify those supposed players that played under a false name?
I doubt they would risk 1st grade players - bigger fish to fry surely??
How come you 2 clubs hate each other so much?
Is it because you are all related somehow ??:)

Not to many points to lose either way :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have had no issues in the past with Belco/Ainslie or Eastlake with players playing down because it has always been in the guidelines of the rules. I do know that the Div4 bidgee boys were a bit upset last year but once it was explained they were very much fine with the outcome.

Tuggers do like coming up against Bidgee and putting higher graded players in the side so that they can give us a run and actually win a game. It all stems back from when Bidgee told them to flogg off with their affiliation due to the hawks owing the bidgee thousands of dollars.

Gee Big Hill , you have a short memory !

I have just spoken to someone from our club who used to be involved at TFC it seems you have upset a few from TFC that read this thread.

They claim that back when you had an MOU and affiliation with Tuggies they helped you out with some players on a bye weekends

back in 06 ??maybe

now on those occasions sometimes they were not always who they said they were for your benefit ..... but you probably didnt know who they were right - i mean you Juggers boys didnt know who they were back then - only now !!

Glass houses BH ...glass houses:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Gee Big Hill , you have a short memory !

I have just spoken to someone from our club who used to be involved at TFC it seems you have upset a few from TFC that read this thread.

They claim that back when you had an MOU and affiliation with Tuggies they helped you out with some players on a bye weekends

back in 06 ??maybe

now on those occasions sometimes they were not always who they said they were for your benefit ..... but you probably didnt know who they were right - i mean you Juggers boys didnt know who they were back then - only now !!

Glass houses BH ...glass houses:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Always exciting to have new Belco clowns on board. Although this one seems a bit familiar. Good to have you back BRK. Bubba still loading the bullets for you while pretending to be the good guy or have you branched out on your own for a while?

It is not only the hawks that use bogie names it is happening more often then you think.
I remember a certain player (now coach )of a divisonal team playing against the 4th grade pies when he was an ainslie 2nd grader.
And the side he played for that day was not ainslie

BelcoBlue boy I dont think that your are representing the Club that play for very well.From what I have seen on here the other people from your club represent it well and be honest with there responses. You either dont play for that club ( which wont surprise me at all) Or you are going to come under fire from the others from this site(3GM,twobobs pie25). How about we stick to footy talk and not C**p that you going on with.

Firstly let me introduce myself, Neil Norman Third Grade Coach for the Tuggeranong Hawks (no need to hide behind fake names which some people like to do on this forum, their choice). I've been reading these posts over the past few months and it seems like there are those who like to discuss all things football and then those who like to bitch and moan, some amusing some a waste of time (which this might be).

I just wanted to point out a couple of things regarding the Tuggeranong Hawks Football Club and my team of players in Division 3.

At no stage this year have we played anyone by another name other than the one they were born with. Check the team list on sportingpulse, its all there for everyone to see.

I can confirm we have played as other people in the past, I should know as I played under the name of a different player when I ran out for the Juggernauts in 2006 (while registered with Tuggeranong)... and I recall we won that day with the Juggers.

At no stage this year have we played a player down from another grade without the full support and approval of Rusty and Co at AFL Canberra. The players we have played are either Div 2 (real div 2 BigHill) players that we are entitled to play when we have a bye in Div 2 (approved by all Football Managers) or they are returning from injury. Sometimes they may include fringe Div 1 (again real Div 1 BigHill) players but only when its necessary for the player to have a run.

Hats off to Eastlake who were able to beat us when we had 'higher grade' players playing and congratulations to Ainslie who also beat us (in a good thriller) on Sunday when we had 'higher grade' players playing.

I would also say after playing against every team now, Gungahlin, Belconnen, Eastlake and Ainslie have been the best teams to play against. They were all a great group of guys who were there to play footy and not stroke each others egos. Cheers fella's and I look forward to meeting you in the second half of the season.

So BigHill, don't drag the Juggernauts further into the mud with your outrageous claims, its all in the past now, time to move on. As GF said, everyone has played under different names at one stage or another, I recall only a few weeks ago the thread about the guy who played down from Div 3 in a Div 4 final. Whats the diff?

BelcoBlue boy I dont think that your are representing the Club that play for very well.From what I have seen on here the other people from your club represent it well and be honest with there responses. You either dont play for that club ( which wont surprise me at all) Or you are going to come under fire from the others from this site(3GM,twobobs pie25). How about we stick to footy talk and not C**p that you going on with.

Thanks for support MD

An adelaide supporter who lives in Batemans Bay and posts on AFL Canberra site - what a strange mix !! How many identitys do you have??

Im not sure what you are claiming i am crapping on about, i simply straightened a few untruths.

And as a Belco person with over 25 years involved is some way shape or form ( started when i was skinny and am now quite fat) Ill leave your criticisms at the door

Who are you representing by the way??? The hanging Rock Chess players association?:D

Always exciting to have new Belco clowns on board. Although this one seems a bit familiar. Good to have you back BRK. Bubba still loading the bullets for you while pretending to be the good guy or have you branched out on your own for a while?

Gee Spoiler , you dont like us here at BMFC do you?

every chance to have a crack!

But not surprisingly , you are another that doenst really disclose a link to any club - just hop on here and bash everthing that is BMFC from Davo, to Bubba to Jamison.

get over it:p

So with this new found honesty appearing on hear in regards to players playing under a false names my question is what do we want done about it.
Were does the leauge go with this it would be incredibly hard to police .
With Normo 45 coming out and declaring that he played with the juggs in 06 under a assumed name.Has that helped the game i think not.
I appreicate his honesty but i doubt it was needed .
Thoughts anywon???? And just for the record i am not judging anybody im just interested in what people think should now happen.:)

I think it's just one of those topics that everyone has a response to but at the end of the day we are here to play football.

The competition this year has been very competitive which is a great sign. I can't even say who I think would win the Div 3 flag this season. It obviously looks good for both ANU and Harman but what we see each year is injuries always seem to play a part in a clubs season and it seems that ANU have successfuly dodged serious injuries to key players this season which is good news. They have been such a great side for so many years but seem to fall just short due to injuries to key players and the wrong time.

My guess at this stage would be Harman to take out Div 3 but the final serious would be very close. Which as a spectator that's what you want.

Thanks for support MD

An adelaide supporter who lives in Batemans Bay and posts on AFL Canberra site - what a strange mix !! How many identitys do you have??

Im not sure what you are claiming i am crapping on about, i simply straightened a few untruths.

And as a Belco person with over 25 years involved is some way shape or form ( started when i was skinny and am now quite fat) Ill leave your criticisms at the door

Who are you representing by the way??? The hanging Rock Chess players association?:D

I actually am ex- yass and live in the bay and still have an intrest in the comp. All I am saying is that lets stick to the footy as every now and then it gets a bit misguided on here.

They sent a 27 word email to the league on Friday morning.
'Due to the late change to the draw and as indicated when told – Cootamundra is unable to play this Sunday – WE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS A FORFEIT.'

If they are saying they rolled up on the Saturday to play then they are either stupid or lying.
a bit of both i think, because the week after in the coota herald they stated that they did show up on sat. :thumbsdown:

GF, can honestly say that even with lots of injuries, BMFC would not even consider playing a person under a pseudonym or another players name. That would definitely be unsportsman like stuff, and besides, Norm (our long serving CD rep on BMFC board) would not allow it. Potential liability for the club would be huge if an unregisterd player was seriously injured as insurance would not cover injuries, and other risks like being reported/club losing premiership points far outweigh the benefits of playing an unregistered/ineligible player. If the scenario that you state above existed, I would suggest that the two clubs (Belco and Eastlake) get together and discuss possible replacement players (ie 2s players that the league may grant permission to play under such special circumstances) otherwise one team would have to forfeit if they could not field 14 players.

I have played at BMFC since 2002, and I am unaware of any player that has played under another name. I coached in 2005/2006 and this definitely didnt happen at BMFC.

As for the 2007 div 4 semi final, i was playing in the 2nd ressies team that you speak of, and we were still playing the ACTAFL home and away season, we played the same day as the 4s so that meant that any player not selected in any of the above grades was eligible for 4s finals, provided they had played (I think 3) games in 4s during the season.

Having returned mid season from being overseas, I personally played 3 or 4 games in 4s before going back into 2nd ressies team. I was made aware of the qualification rules toward the end of the season, and there was an opportunity for me to play in the 4s finals series, but I did not. By no means am I saying that I would have made a difference to the results of finals series, just proving to you a fine example of the spirit of the laws being upheld by BMFC.

I can see smaller clubs might feel disadvantaged when this scenario presents itself, but think of the bigger clubs - they have more people playing Aussie Rules (which is what it is all about) and it would seem ridiculous that you would argue that a player would not be able to play finals, even when the laws state that he can....

good call , i think the rules are a bit weird but really think it comes down to player loyalty, if i played all year in one div and was dropped for a finals game and replaced by a better player that had not played much in my team then i would be upset and consider playing somewhere else. if i was coach and was offered better players to win a final i would not use them unless injuries prevailed, whats the point of being a team if you can use players as you want not what they deserve. It actually happened to me in adelaide, i moved mid year from cairns and played at edwardstown , we had 4 teams, but i started in the 2nds played 6 games including finals and was picked for the grand final, one of the players who had played all year was dropped and he broke down at selection and cried. I felt just great so that night i rang the coach and said i would pull out so he could play. I still got a game because someone else got injured at work or something so we both played. I know ppl always miss out but sometimes it comes down to "doing the right thing" by the way we lost both grades in grand final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back