AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have said too much now juicy, it is quite obvious that you are from yass and you are a partner of someone from the club, nice to see you are bagging them out every chance you get but still curling up in bed next to the person/club you are bagging. nice work. i know a good divorce lawyer sounds like you might need one once your other half finds out:thumbsdown:
You are so funny,How are the Strathmerton mountain goats going ?

You are so funny,How are the Strathmerton mountain goats going ?
the mountain goats are actually called the bulldogs( pity ), i trained the other night and will be playing their this year. so you havent denied my other post i guess that means you are from yass and a partner of one of the players or committee. it has spread far and wide as to who you are i heard of your banterings at a pub in wodonga, let me liken you to sadaam hussain. dug a big hole for himself then had to hide in it , untill one day the lid was lifted and the photos and embarresment were astounding. it will be nice to see your face soon and from a lot of previous posts i am guessing i am not on my own. tic tic tic :eek::eek::eek::eek:

the mountain goats are actually called the bulldogs( pity ), i trained the other night and will be playing their this year. so you havent denied my other post i guess that means you are from yass and a partner of one of the players or committee. it has spread far and wide as to who you are i heard of your banterings at a pub in wodonga, let me liken you to sadaam hussain. dug a big hole for himself then had to hide in it , untill one day the lid was lifted and the photos and embarresment were astounding. it will be nice to see your face soon and from a lot of previous posts i am guessing i am not on my own. tic tic tic :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Im sorry I thought I did respond, loyal supporter. A quick check of your posts tell me that it wont be long before we know both your identity & that of your Yass mate & while on that subject shouldn't your name be "lonely supporter". Given that you have moved from Wodonga to Strathmurton & you are a former Victorian coach, (who has been divorced). The clearances to the Bulldogs should make for interesting reading, "& I've said too much".:D
It saddens me that you would mention me & Saddam Hussain in the same sentence, I do however suspect that your mate from Yass is an arch rival to myself & could well be the "red card king" but we will all soon know, so until then keep the dream alive! ;)

Im sorry I thought I did respond, loyal supporter. A quick check of your posts tell me that it wont be long before we know both your identity & that of your Yass mate & while on that subject shouldn't your name be "lonely supporter". Given that you have moved from Wodonga to Strathmurton & you are a former Victorian coach, (who has been divorced). The clearances to the Bulldogs should make for interesting reading, "& I've said too much".:D
It saddens me that you would mention me & Saddam Hussain in the same sentence, I do however suspect that your mate from Yass is an arch rival to myself & could well be the "red card king" but we will all soon know, so until then keep the dream alive! ;)
not divorced juicy, just thought you might need one once your partner finds out. my friend at yass is no longer playing there so wrong again . good luck to all teams this week:)

not divorced juicy, just thought you might need one once your partner finds out. my friend at yass is no longer playing there so wrong again . good luck to all teams this week:)

Loyal, bit of advice you can either take or not, keep this up you will be tarnished with the same brush as Juicy as a royal pain in the rearend, dont feed him/her, most on here are sick of the childish rubbish

secondly, for all who have been following the great Heywoods weekly wraps on 2ccc, I hear that he has now released his own website, with the promise of merchandise to hit the streets, we all could be wearing a Hey Heywood shirt soon, or drinking out of a jablowme stubby holder:thumbsu:

Loyal, bit of advice you can either take or not, keep this up you will be tarnished with the same brush as Juicy as a royal pain in the rearend, dont feed him/her, most on here are sick of the childish rubbish

secondly, for all who have been following the great Heywoods weekly wraps on 2ccc, I hear that he has now released his own website, with the promise of merchandise to hit the streets, we all could be wearing a Hey Heywood shirt soon, or drinking out of a jablowme stubby holder:thumbsu:

Thanks for the promo 2old! He's right! My website was launched today, so if you want to find out a bit more about me, have a look at www.heyheywood.com. Just a bit of light-hearted nonsense! ;)

Here we go again.
Div 3
Belconnen, to spoil the flag unveiling. :eek:
Woden ,to make it two from two :thumbsu:
Eastlake, in a tough one :confused:
Anu, hardly a challenge :D
Adfa ,with fresh artillary :p

Div 4
Belconnen ,the match of the round
Cooma ,harman to struggle for numbers
Swans ,huge player list by all accounts
Anu , just because
Coota, only because they are at home
Good luck to all.:)

That'd be a huge get for Yass if true. Bloke can still play despite getting on a bit. Good leadership too...

Ainslie lost to Cowra by a goal yesterday in a practice match...

Lemieux,Do you know what the the go is with Ben Mac ?
Has he decided to stay at yass ?There hasn't been a clearance submitted for him so im guessing he want play on the weekend.

Lemieux,Do you know what the the go is with Ben Mac ?
Has he decided to stay at yass ?There hasn't been a clearance submitted for him so im guessing he want play on the weekend.
Hadtobe The b/bay seahawks have a campain on face book called get benny mac back.
So i beleive there is a chance both he and boyle will be back playing footy on the coast.
If Benny didnt have such heavy work commitments we would be seeing him play in a much higher grade. :thumbsu:

Hadtobe The b/bay seahawks have a campain on face book called get benny mac back.
So i beleive there is a chance both he and boyle will be back playing footy on the coast.
If Benny didnt have such heavy work commitments we would be seeing him play in a much higher grade. :thumbsu:

He played our first praccy match and looked pretty sharp. As you say he's got a ton of work on, and apparently is having some ankle trouble as well? He wasn't named for the weekend IIRC...

Apparently a few more Yass boys were meant to come down this week but no sign of them as of yet...

We did have 3 Gaelic footy players come for a run on Thursday though. Man they have wheels...

Edit: Just saw Benny and he is off to play in the Bay...

Harman two's beat cooma by 70 points and Harman one's beat Wodenby the same margin. Does anyone else have any other results

Morning All,

Belco and Gungahlin played a draw in 4's - was a great game with the lead changing a fair few times until the Jets got a couple of goals in front late. We managed to snatch the draw with a point just before the siren. 2 draws in a row for the Jets and Pies - not sure if this would have happened many times before in any footy?? Final score was Jets 13 6 Pies 12 12.

Jets got over the line by 3 points in 3rds after being in front by about 5 goals at 3 quarrter time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went down to the game yesterday - Jets v Belco and the 2nds was a fantastic game to watch, both teams played hard for the ball, umpires need a little more practice me thinks. I think they drew by the same margain last year.

1st's was also a hard fought game with Jets kicking winning goal just before the siren, well played by both sides.

We (Ainslie) lost to Eastlake by 20 odd points after being a kick up at 3/4 time... Spewing... Just seem to be lacking a couple of talls. Got killed by the big red beard in the forward line.

Harman gave us a towelling yesterday.

They are a well drilled and skillful and athletic side. If anyone can tell me how to stop Cam Griggs can you let me know? Dead set he tears us a new one every time.

Ned Sibly is a big addition for them - he just has to get used to the quality of umpiring in 3rds

Hey there folks, just wanted to throw out a topic for discussion. I noticed that the League has introduced the "Pete Stevens clause" into the AFL Canberra competition by-laws this season - see 7.2.1 (2) in http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...task=DETAIL&articleID=7288994&sectionID=55807

For those whose memories need refreshing, Pete Stevens copped a week in Div 4 in Week 1 of the finals last season. His Div 4 side won that final and went straight through to the GF. The same club's Div 3 side lost their first final and had to play a Prelim Final the following week. Because Stevens was eligible to play in this Div 3 Prelim final he was able to serve his suspension in Div 3 and play the following week in Div 4 in the GF.

The new clause reads like this: "A player reported and suspended in any grade / division cannot serve his suspension in another grade / division if the grade he was reported in is not playing that weekend."

I think the League has got this wrong. I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to a very rare situation. If you're going to change the rules for a one-off incident like this, you have to consider all the ramifications. For example, consider the scenario where a bloke plays a dozen games in Div 3, gets injured, comes back for the last round of the H&A season and plays that game in Div 4. In that game he hits a bloke and is rubbed out for 1 week. Now let's say this club's Div 4 team didn't make the finals, but their Div 3 team did. Under the new by-law, this suspended bloke is not eligible to play any finals games in Div 3, because he has to serve his suspension in Div 4 in Round 1 of the following season. As you can see, the new clause doesn't work.

On a lighter note, I was issued the challenge of mentioning the word "juicyfruit" in my radio segment on Friday. Reluctantly, I accomplished the mission, much to the bemusement of Welshy. If you missed it, visit www.heyheywood.com, click on "Heywood on Radio 2CC", and have a listen to the Round 2 Preview.

Sorry Heywood, I think they got it right.

Pete Stevens was very lucky last year with circumstances to serve his suspension in a grade he never played in all season. If someone is rubbed out, then they should have to serve the time. I've never seen anyone reported in CD's for anything less than intentional foul play...

This stops a Cooma bloke serving a suspension in a Blues game when the Cats have the bye (and yes, Big Azzo did play in CD1's for us last year). It makes sense.

Sorry Heywood, I think they got it right.

Pete Stevens was very lucky last year with circumstances to serve his suspension in a grade he never played in all season. If someone is rubbed out, then they should have to serve the time. I've never seen anyone reported in CD's for anything less than intentional foul play...

This stops a Cooma bloke serving a suspension in a Blues game when the Cats have the bye (and yes, Big Azzo did play in CD1's for us last year). It makes sense.

Growler, the new clause doesn't stop that at all. The new clause only applies to finals.

Plus you didn't address the scenario I described above - surely you agree that it would be unjust for a player to miss his club's entire Div 3 finals series if he'd played the majority of the season in Div 3 but was suspended for 1 week for an offence committed in a final round Div 4 match?

Hey there folks, just wanted to throw out a topic for discussion. I noticed that the League has introduced the "Pete Stevens clause" into the AFL Canberra competition by-laws this season - see 7.2.1 (2) in http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...task=DETAIL&articleID=7288994&sectionID=55807

For those whose memories need refreshing, Pete Stevens copped a week in Div 4 in Week 1 of the finals last season. His Div 4 side won that final and went straight through to the GF. The same club's Div 3 side lost their first final and had to play a Prelim Final the following week. Because Stevens was eligible to play in this Div 3 Prelim final he was able to serve his suspension in Div 3 and play the following week in Div 4 in the GF.

The new clause reads like this: "A player reported and suspended in any grade / division cannot serve his suspension in another grade / division if the grade he was reported in is not playing that weekend."

I think the League has got this wrong. I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to a very rare situation. If you're going to change the rules for a one-off incident like this, you have to consider all the ramifications. For example, consider the scenario where a bloke plays a dozen games in Div 3, gets injured, comes back for the last round of the H&A season and plays that game in Div 4. In that game he hits a bloke and is rubbed out for 1 week. Now let's say this club's Div 4 team didn't make the finals, but their Div 3 team did. Under the new by-law, this suspended bloke is not eligible to play any finals games in Div 3, because he has to serve his suspension in Div 4 in Round 1 of the following season. As you can see, the new clause doesn't work.
Its a tricky one heywood i can see your point and think under the scenario that you have offered it may be a bit harsh,
. Care to offer up a solution ?

Hi guys,

I (Belconnen player) agree with Heywood, as this scenario would not happen very often, and if it does there is an easy fix. If the powers that be (tribunal) did not want Stevens to play in a GF as punsihment (what did he do again???) they should have suspended him for 2 matches, this would have stopped him from playing in 3s Prelim as well as 3s/4s GF. End of story.

There is an argument though for if this happens around the other way. For example, if I played in a 3s Semi Final (and we won to go to the GF) but got reported and subsequently suspended for 1 week, I would not be eligible to serve my suspension in 4s (if they played in a Preliminary Final the following week), as there are laws to stop players moving to a lower grade if the higher grade that the person played in the week before is not playing. That is the way it should be.

I hope everyone follows this (although Ando might struggle)

Should not have changed it in my opinion.

On a different note - thought that the BMFC v Jets in 3s game was a cracker. Played in the right spirit (despite some very confusing umpiring decisions as usual - but the interpretation of a rushed behind was pathetic) and a close finish. The Jets put on a big day for the Gungahlin community, good to see this happening at CD level.

Growler, the new clause doesn't stop that at all. The new clause only applies to finals.

Plus you didn't address the scenario I described above - surely you agree that it would be unjust for a player to miss his club's entire Div 3 finals series if he'd played the majority of the season in Div 3 but was suspended for 1 week for an offence committed in a final round Div 4 match?

Hey Heywood, firstly congratulations on meeting the challenge, anyone care to offer up the challenge this week for Heywood to slip a word in to his wrap?

Secondly, how does this only apply to finals, doesnt this mean for the big clubs ie belco, that if they ahve a bye during regular season in actafl, that a suspended div 1 or 2 player cant serve there suspension in CD's in regular season? However it raises the point that it makes it fairer for one team clubs like coota, yass or Goulburn who dont have the luxury of a second or subsequent team to serve suspensions in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back