AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere you can see the B&F votes for CD 1's and 2's? Can only find news articles on the Mulrooney Medal. As far as i know Griggs won it for 3's and Serafin/Cummins won for 4's. Would be interesting to see the top 10?

Uni/Goulburn wins were fantastic. It seems the two sides most interested in cheap shots and off the ball nonsense ended up losers.

Did you see the games? You're comment regarding cheap shots and nonsense is particularly accurate when applied to Harman.

The 4ths final, I think, was played in good spirit. Hard, tough footy - the way both clubs played all year. Goulburn deserved the win, they were the best team all year and they were the best team on the day. Anyone watching the game would probably agree that the Swans wanted it more on the day - that's how you win flags. Well done Swans and well deserved Stevie Armstrong - a great performance.

For what its worth, I found the Swans one of the best teams to play against all year in terms of gobbing off. They let their football do the talking. Once again Swans, well done.

Div 3 Vote Count - Top 6
GRIGGS, CAMPBELL HARMAN 24
SIRR, Robert ANU 17
TUCKER, Matthew EASTLAKE 15
HERBERT, STEVEN MURRUMBIDGEE 14
JAMES, Adrian HARMAN 12
Jordan, Christopher AINSLIE 12

Div 4 - Top 6
SERAFIN, Benjamin YASS 20
CUMMINS, Dale GOULBURN 20
Kelly, Troy GUNGAHLIN 17
ARCH, Nathan GUNGAHLIN 15
BROWN, David YASS 15
Russell, Heath GOULBURN 15

Didn't Serafin have a crack at playing with Ainslie a couple of years ago?

Did you see the games? You're comment regarding cheap shots and nonsense is particularly accurate when applied to Harman.

The 4ths final, I think, was played in good spirit. Hard, tough footy - the way both clubs played all year. Goulburn deserved the win, they were the best team all year and they were the best team on the day. Anyone watching the game would probably agree that the Swans wanted it more on the day - that's how you win flags. Well done Swans and well deserved Stevie Armstrong - a great performance.

For what its worth, I found the Swans one of the best teams to play against all year in terms of gobbing off. They let their football do the talking. Once again Swans, well done.

Yep - Swans were fast and hard and didn't gob off all year - on em!

Season finished and the keyboard warriors are out in force.:rolleyes:

Well done to the sides that won.:thumbsu:

See you next year. Have fun in the of season :thumbsu:

ahahah internet hero, ur the one with the shit comments. cost them the game, kicked 2 goals set up many, and tackled all the hogs, and if u had any idea he didnt give away the 100, a couple of sneaky 50 which where poor umpiring decisons. and who no's what else he did that day but u failed to mention any of that. and ill stand by comments, u just sit in the crowd with ur little note pad, maybe get a a4 one cause only taken 5 minutes of every qtr down. but like always ur a typical collingwood supporter, got no idea:D

ahahah internet hero, ur the one with the shit comments. cost them the game, kicked 2 goals set up many, and tackled all the hogs, and if u had any idea he didnt give away the 100, a couple of sneaky 50 which where poor umpiring decisons. and who no's what else he did that day but u failed to mention any of that. and ill stand by comments, u just sit in the crowd with ur little note pad, maybe get a a4 one cause only taken 5 minutes of every qtr down. but like always ur a typical collingwood supporter, got no idea:D

ah how society has gone downhill, all this money invested into further education and our university students have no grammer or spelling skills at all

Are you serious? That took me longer to read than the entire thread!

I'm still not seeing what I wrote being refuted in any major way. I'm not sure my comments are shit, but if they are then feel free to stop reading.

I've never once sat in the crowd with a notepad, but thanks for that wonderful image. I got a chuckle out of that at least. I never take notes, i just mention here what i saw on the day. Not one person has said what i've noted as being innacurate. I've also said that i was really disappointed with Harman in the GF. I'm not sticking up for them. The first final was a cracking game, and despite what you said one of the biggest things that stuck out for me was the guy giving away the 50's late in the match which cost them a goal, when goals were very hard to come by. I didn't see him do anything major up until that point, so didn't mention if he did anything else.

Perhaps next post you could type legibly and give us all a chance of understanding what you're trying to say.

Cheers

Didn't Serafin have a crack at playing with Ainslie a couple of years ago?

Yeah played for 2's and even snuck up for a couple games of 1s and did not look out of place from memory...

Coming fifth is a fair effort from Jordo considering we only won a couple games :eek: Gonna miss him next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shanefos

I'm pretty sure J-Brown isn't a current Blues player... More likely a former player still sad he missed finals footy in 09 just out to stir up some rubbish.

Or a potential recruit who didn't realise he had to have permission to pump up his future team

Sorry - will go to the blues blog for the media statement - oops - can't get on in case I say something funny - or heaven forbid like happened last year hand crap to the royal family

B&F's

so now all is done and dusted, Preso nights are the last formalities, so post up here and let us know who picked up the awards for your clubs

Coming soon from the Mundra - pack the pipes boys for a hot summer - we are gonna make a tv commercial like the AFL one for One HD

ANU Seniors Robbie Sirr won the best and fairest with Brent Holgate as runner up, and in the Reserves Gordon Jones won, with Dom Delany Runner up.

BMFC presentation night B&F:
Div 1
1. Mark Braybrook
2. Andrew McIntosh

Div 2
1. Shane Lees
2. Jez Walker

Hope everyone has a big p!ss up to go to this weekend!!! Should be a cracker of a game. I am tipping Geelong by 11 points.

Hey Rowdy

how was Albury footy trip festival?

GF,
did you guys do Prelim Finals this year again, didn't see you there but what a shocker weekend.

Any other presso night or footy trip stories so far? (Given I got nothing from Mad Monday request I don't hold high hopes).

Boof,

It wasn't a bad weekend, lots of great footy on both on the box and locally. However, the music festival didn't eventuate, apparently cancelled, some locals reckon it was all just a hoax.

Anyway the O&M final was a blow out to the Albury Tigers in both grades. However, it was good to be in a healthy size crowd watching the locals go around. The border mail said there was approx 8,500 there, and at Lavi that pretty much packed.

Sadly no real sillyness to report from the weekend....well, none that I can disclose anyway.
icon12.gif

Hoggs Div 3
Cam Griggs B&F
Danny Dwyer r/u

Hoggs Div 4
M. Quade B&F (take your pick between Mick & Matt, I can't tell them apart???)
K. Cawse r/u

Boof

30 boys did a combined Blues/Cats Prelim final weekend of 3 games of footy (2 AFL prelims, one VFL), a day at the races and more grog than Fev could imagine...

I missed my first trip in 11 years still recovering from glandular fever, so no reports from me :( nobody arrested, only one hospitalised...

Our Presentation Night is the week after the long weekend so I'll be able to report after that.

The 2010 Trip is currently being planned. The talk is Vegas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back