AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might be able to find that book "Where did I come from" somewhere and we could use that for our by-laws next year. Might make more sense.:eek:

OK I think we have all vented our frustration regarding the by-laws but here are some facts we need to be aware of.

fact - Current By-Laws were not written by either David Wark or Russell Taylor.

Fact - Current By-Laws have some flaws in it that both us and AFL Canberra are aware of.

Fact - Legal officers are currently reviewing the current By-Laws to make relevant changes for 2009.

Fact - The current By-Laws cannot be change during the final part of the 2008 season.

The process for the updated By-Laws are being reviewed by AFL Canberra now. Discussions have been made to send out the revised by-laws later this year / early January to all clubs for reading and responses. About a month after release there will be a meeting between AFL Canberra and all clubs to discuss the revised By-Laws and to sign the By-Laws to agree that each club has read and agreed to the terms within the By-Laws.

This is a fair system that should hopefully resolve peoples issues with the By-Laws during the 2009 season.

Are you Eddie McGuire in disguise Hilly? You've been putting subtle little sledges out about the by-laws for the last three weeks and tonight you've obviously had someone call you about it and you've shut up shop and tried to play the peacemaker.

Because at the end of the day, we're all mates right.

Ports another rumor you can nip in the bud. :cool:

Jets have rested/left you out of squad for adfa, you also trained with the magoos at full forward in preparation (if 3s advance) for gf appearance for the 4s. :eek:

T/F :thumbsu:

Are you Eddie McGuire in disguise Hilly? You've been putting subtle little sledges out about the by-laws for the last three weeks and tonight you've obviously had someone call you about it and you've shut up shop and tried to play the peacemaker.

Because at the end of the day, we're all mates right.

TS - Like most of you I haven't been happy with a lot of the things in the By-Laws and i had a discussion with AFL Canberra this evening about what we have been discussing and the points i have made tonight reflect that conversation. This forum is great to bring things to the table but if we don't solve them by speaking to the right people then we will discuss this until we are blue in the face.

p.s I wouldn't mind Eddies pay checks.:D

There are a fair few fence sitters such as myself. I have been watching for a bit. Too many fence sitters and witch hunters southcab, not sure if you agree seeing as we both watch the games every week. People need to get on with playing footy on this forum instead of worrying about other teams. i know our boys already happy making it in a few grades so i wish luck to everyone in the comp

There are a fair few fence sitters such as myself. I have been watching for a bit. Too many fence sitters and witch hunters southcab, not sure if you agree seeing as we both watch the games every week. People need to get on with playing footy on this forum instead of worrying about other teams. i know our boys already happy making it in a few grades so i wish luck to everyone in the comp
Isnt that an oxy moran bigboony ,Is there a clue as to your identity in the words we watch the games every week. I take it your a pies man, fan ,supporter.Bigboony givin the time you posted i hope you were not affected by the some of the product your name sake likes :eek:

Hilly

I've been going to District meetings for 10 years now, and every year the bylaws are brought up by someone with some bone of contention about something. I imagine that if Cooma had made the finals this year people would have whinged about Woden registered players playing for the Cats, even though there were about 4 or 5 who played almost exclusively for the Cats this season as they could not train regularly...

I am well aware that it wasn't David, Rusty or anyone currently employed by AFLC who wrote the rules. It wasn't Anthony Dignan either. Gary Wallis tried to review them but gave up as it was too hard.

They are a hotch potch of 15 years of Monaro League, CD's, Div3/4 - and to reflect the current structure and forward planning of the league, there are a couple of eligability criteria that need clarification. As seen here...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon it might be worth clearing it up before the Grand Final?

On a different note, well done to the CD's League for selling out the B&F Night Monday night.

Look forward to having a lemon squash with a few of the boys on here at the Labour Club.

Hey Hilly I dropped into the local dry cleaners the other day and noticed that they were busy cleaning and pressing a heap of ugg boots, flannies and stonewash jeans - take it that there will be a large group of jugs boys attending the CD league night!

Hey Hilly I dropped into the local dry cleaners the other day and noticed that they were busy cleaning and pressing a heap of ugg boots, flannies and stonewash jeans - take it that there will be a large group of jugs boys attending the CD league night!

Bit harsh mate. The Juggs have changed over the years, we aren't all flanno wearing hippy's anymore. We can't afford that good stuff anymore. We like going to saint vinnies for a $5 get up.

Just keep an eye out for the guys wearing tight pants and old wollen jumpers on monday night and you'll find the Juggers. :D

Bit harsh mate. The Juggs have changed over the years, we aren't all flanno wearing hippy's anymore. We can't afford that good stuff anymore. We like going to saint vinnies for a $5 get up.

Just keep an eye out for the guys wearing tight pants and old wollen jumpers on monday night and you'll find the Juggers. :D

If thats not enough for you keep an eye out to the bloke with the walking stick who will win the leading goal kicker in the 3rds.

I hope the backs well Big H.

Just a bit of humour the Qbn olympics

OPENING CEREMONY
The Olympic Flame will be ignited by a petrol bomb thrown
by a local of QBN wearing the traditional flannelette shirt, Trakky Daks, and Ug boots.

THE EVENTS:

100 METRE SPRINT Competitors will start outside the Royal, and will have
to hold a VCR & a Microwave (one in each arm) and, on the sound of the starter's gun, a Police dog will be released from a cage 10 metres behind the athletes.

100 METRE HURDLES As above but with added obstacles, car bonnets, hedges,
garden beds, fences, walls etc.

HAMMER THROW Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they
wish to use (claw, sledge etc). The winner will be the one who can cause the most grievous bodily harm to ACT residents visiting Queanbeyan within the time allowed.

SHOOTING A strong challenge is expected from the men in this event. The
first target will be a moving Police vehicle. In the second round, competitors will aim at a Post Office Clerk, Bank Teller, Petrol station Console Operator or Video Store attendant.

BOXING Entry to the boxing will be restricted to husband and wife teams and
will take place on a Friday night. The husband will be given 15 glasses of Bourbon and Coke at the Royal, while the wife wearing bike pants, an old T-shirt, and thongs will be told not to make him any dinner when he gets home. To goad him further she will ask him to remove the old Torana transmission from the bath.

CYCLING TIME TRIALS The competitor will attend the Riverside Shopping Centre
where they will obtain a bicycle stolen from a Mummy's Boy (preferably from a Grammar College), they will then be pitted against the clock. Bonus points will be awarded for a helmet, which would have been procured at the time of getting the bike.

MEN'S 50KM WALK Unfortunately this is now cancelled, as organisers cannot
guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of Queanbeyan.

GYMNASTICS The Beam will be replaced by the strip of gutter along Monaro St
outside Walsh's Hotel. The event will commence at Closing time - we expect some rather difficult dismounts to be performed on this apparatus. The floor routine will be conducted in the padded cell of the Queanbeyan Watchhouse.

CLOSING CEREMONY Entertainment will include a bonfire made out of the
Queanbeyan primary school, accompanied by a local ACDC cover band. The Olympic Flame will be extinguished by the Queanbeyan Mayor by urinating from the base of the spire in a cascading effect. The stadium (to be constructed within the Morrisset St Carpark) will then be boarded up before local athletes break in to it and remove all the copper piping, electrical wiring and air conditioners.

That was funny back in 2000 when I got it on email. Got progressively less funny each time a newby has sent it on since. Posting it in two AFL Canberra threads was an especially nice touch. ****.

Quite noticable that the yass boys are not here this week wonder did the club shut him up or was it the jets.:)

Still here Juicy,
cheers for noticing.
have nothing to say considering the whole weeks talk is about the judishery, that doesnt interest me much.. although i must say its been quite entertaining hearing what peoples thoughts and so forth are about it.. but it doesnt involve me so i dont need to get involved.. :)

LEEROY#6 Is it true the club was concernd about the spray southacb gave the leauge.Is that why he is so quite.

Juicy that is a negative mate, Like anyone mate everyone is allowed to have there opinion and say what they want..
and to answer the second question mate.. i cant do that its not my business to explain why he has been quiet.. but i can assure you what he has said has nothing to do with why hes been quiet:eek:

So - this weekend.

I reckon in the 4's we'll just get over the top of Yass. We've been building for a few weeks now and were pretty good against Goulburn last weekend. Wide spaces of Manuka should help a few of our quicker blokes as well.

In the 3's I reckon Jets might just have enough to get over the top of ADFA. Run and carry is one thing but Jets have finals experience which is pretty important at this time of year. Would make for a good GF weekend with two clubs contesting both grand finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back