AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one should be calling you guys at Belco cheats because you do the right thing by asking AFL Canberra. Now if they advise you that a player can play then what are you going to do. Well you would play them of course. It looks like AFL Canberra need to look into a players eligibility a bit more before provide consent.

Very well put, Hilly. What's the point in having rules if you're going to continually "waver" them?

Any team in their right mind is going to play someone from a higher grade if they are allowed to do so, especially after checking with the league first.

Very well put, Hilly. What's the point in having rules if you're going to continually "waver" them?

Well gents after sending an email to David Wark asking him to please jump on and clear up the rules, he sent me an email back asking me to refer to ACTAFL By-laws for help.:eek:
What hope do we have when our actafl rep's throw their hands in the air.:thumbsdown:

Guys,

What I have posted earlier is what's in the current by-laws. It also has the following:

Where a club has senior, reserve and under 18 teams in the same division playing in finals on the same weekend, the only restriction under this rule is that a player must have played four home and away matches with his club in that or lower divisions (and be under the age limit in the case of under age finals) to be eligible to play in any of those finals.

7.2.7 Where a club has multiple open-age teams playing in finals on the same weekend, and where these teams are consecutively ranked (based on AFL Canberra rankings), the only restriction under Competition rules is that – 1 Clubs may play players one grade lower (based on AFL Canberra rankings) than the lowest grade for which they are eligible on a stand alone basis.

7.2.8 On application by a player’s club, Football Operations (in consultation with the Board) may vary the number of qualifying games required where Services personnel are posted a significant distance away
during the home and away matches; or where a player misses a significant number of matches due to serious injury; or under other exceptional circumstances.​

True they had the bye, but what's also important is that Div 2 wasn't involved in finals football on the weekend.

i noticed that the player in question started on the bench. if he was a superstar probably have cause to keep pushing this silly point. pretty sure eligibility was granted by the league so a little point less.

BigHill thanks ,we will certainly be doing our best foro trained the house down last night as did most of the team there is a very positive feeling in the camp i can tell you.:thumbsu:

HEYWOOD J dont even go there your div 4 side played a bloke who played 5 games for AINSLIE div 2, 6 games in AINSLIE div 3 ,then 6 games in the JETS div3; and makes his (debut )along with others in div 4 agaisnt yass on the weekend.Not rumor actual facts so lets not go down the rumor path im only printing it on here because he works for the act afl and everybody already no,s .
If you have any other facts you want to no let me no thats facts not rumors i will be out all day but ill gladly answer you late tonight have a good day.:)

Southcab you cant begrudge the man for coming to great club. Also southcab one would believe if hes been playing ainslie resrves and cant get a start in jets 3 says something about the depth of the jets.

fact or rumour: 3 jets players escaped penalty at HQ, but your bloke got dealt a 2week sentence,

EGGMAN Idont begrudge any body any thing i love me footy i dont beleive any club or anybody who posts on this site is a cheat either.What i do beileve is that those at actafl are oxygen theives who care little to none about our great game for them it is a means to an end a job and away to bring home the bacon.Nothing more there interpratation of the bylaws is unbeilevable.It is because of those who sit behind the glass that we have clubs players and suporters at each other passionate people too not people who dont give a stuff.34 mentioned yesterday he emailed the big kahoona and was told refer to your bylaws very handy next year when we pay our 6 or 7 grand im asking for a description of what we get.I asked the second in charge whats stand alone in the by laws and was told (im stuffed if i no) is it any wonder we have droves of people moving to another sport.I no david and russell will down on me for being so negative on the afl but i wanted every one to no i dont blame any club any player or supporter and i dont beleive any body has cheated what i do believe is that those who enforce and attempt to guide us would give diarea the shits.As for the tribunal i dont no what happend to the jets blokes but our bloke pleaded guilty to retaleation charges and yes he got two matches with 1 suspended for the guilty plea so if stevens got off good luck to him.We hold nothing agaisnt the jets there just another bunch of blokes who love there footy.

Sporting Pulse said they all got a week.

Question (another interpretation one!)

Can the Gungahlin boys who got suspended count this weeks prelim as the game they are to miss? I mean, theoritically they could have been picked this week, but for that suspension yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trib Results

Yass - MacCallum - 1 week plus 1 suspended sentance
Jets - Pete Stevens - 1 week
Jets - Burgo - 1 week suspended until the end of 08
Jets - Gallagher - 1 week suspended until the end of 09

Stevo will miss a grand final. Hope it was a good shot...

Trib Results

Yass - MacCallum - 1 week plus 1 suspended sentance
Jets - Pete Stevens - 1 week
Jets - Burgo - 1 week suspended until the end of 08
Jets - Gallagher - 1 week suspended until the end of 09

Stevo will miss a grand final. Hope it was a good shot...

Stevo is (was) eligible this week, ferret.

Not 100% but pretty sure he was told that he cant play this week by the tribunaral.

I think a bloke who has not played 1 game of 3's all year should not be allowed to use them for time as served. However for a clean skin to miss GF for a bit of a love tap is a bit harsh as well.

This weeks games

Yass to bounce back after a bit of finals nerves.

ADFA to outrun the Jets on the wide open space of Manuka. Being old and tough doesn't help when you can't catch the other blokes....

Originally Posted by EGG MAN
another rumor surfacing.

Ports their talk you trained tuesday night at JETS land, can you confirm this :eek:

The were a couple of late hearings last night, so not sure exactly what was dealt.

;) How about the sighting of you on a Tuesday at Amaroo oval. T/F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back