AFL Canberra Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A typical quality response from you Wonky....

Armstrong has been a legend in Canberra for 17 years and a comment from your good self about his amazing achievement would not have been frowned upon, but no, not you, you have to have a dig at the Tigers folk.....

If it was Maher playing his 300th I would have found it quite easy to make mention of it as i made comment on Disco's 200th a few weeks back.

Says more about you as a person by not commenting on the achievement than if you had of.

Mate, don't get sucked in..;)
Good call on the weekend apparently... I was obviously too busy to listen going from one end to the other.... Thanks for that Merv:( You calling tomorrow?

Yeah, well done to Mark Armstrong on his 300th - thats a great effort,

Wonky, Shut The F--- Up - you are an embarrassment to the Magpies !

Think the Demons will spoil the Tigers Day tomorrow by about 8 goals. Tuggers will go down by heaps at the SCG. Belco will belt Ainslie by 7 goals to remain odds on favourites for another flag

Another?? Interesting comment considering Maggies have 3 flags in their cupboard.

Belco, Swans & Tigers for mine

Well, the dust has just settled and the young Tigers stood up today and repaid some of the faith placed in them by the coaching staff to help the team deliver a stirring win for the Champion Merv Armstrong.
The game was evenly balanced at 3/4 time and looked to be swaying Eastlake's way when they marked and goaled inside the first minute but 4 last quarter goals to Paul Williams and solid defensive effort helped steer the Tiges home.
I could easily go through the entire team and name winners all over the ground but I thought the Captain RQ lead inspirationally all day and especially in the alst 1/4 when it was needed most. The confidence of the younger brigade such as T.Dickinson, P.Slater, W.Griggs, K.Stevens and J.Satchell (future Captain of the Club) grows each week and it helps to motivate the older blokes like C.Davis and J.Elias who both played out of their skins today kicking goals and taking screamers to ensure that their good mate celebrates his 300th game with a memorable victory.
Enjoy the win Tigers and use it to to drive yourselves to deliver the same quality performances in the final H&A rounds to cement a finals birth.

P.S. A DOUBLE THUMBS UP TO NOBBY CLARKE AND THE DEMONS PLAYERS TO CLAP MERV OFF AT THE END OF THE GAME:thumbsu::thumbsu: You all showed great respect to Merv and the Tigers and on behalf of the QTFC, thankyou for your kind gesture.

Well, the dust has just settled and the young Tigers stood up today and repaid some of the faith placed in them by the coaching staff to help the team deliver a stirring win for the Champion Merv Armstrong.
The game was evenly balanced at 3/4 time and looked to be swaying Eastlake's way when they marked and goaled inside the first minute but 4 last quarter goals to Paul Williams and solid defensive effort helped steer the Tiges home.
I could easily go through the entire team and name winners all over the ground but I thought the Captain RQ lead inspirationally all day and especially in the alst 1/4 when it was needed most. The confidence of the younger brigade such as T.Dickinson, P.Slater, W.Griggs, K.Stevens and J.Satchell (future Captain of the Club) grows each week and it helps to motivate the older blokes like C.Davis and J.Elias who both played out of their skins today kicking goals and taking screamers to ensure that their good mate celebrates his 300th game with a memorable victory.
Enjoy the win Tigers and use it to to drive yourselves to deliver the same quality performances in the final H&A rounds to cement a finals birth.

P.S. A DOUBLE THUMBS UP TO NOBBY CLARKE AND THE DEMONS PLAYERS TO CLAP MERV OFF AT THE END OF THE GAME:thumbsu::thumbsu: You all showed great respect to Merv and the Tigers and on behalf of the QTFC, thankyou for your kind gesture.
WOW well done Tigers one thing we use to pride ourselves on standing up in milstone games to let the guys who earned them remember in style. I remember Aussies 300th belted ainslie by 90 points. Obviously they wouldn't be getting carried away but would be the type of the event that could kick start a season.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mate, don't get sucked in..;)

Nah f*ck him!!

If your acting like a dick you need to be told.

Regardless of the hatred he has for Qbn even blind freddy who has any idea about the game should understand the achievement of 300 games.

He either has never played the game or is just a dick..

As for yesterdays game. Well done boys for rising to the occassion. Your last term effort with the game up for grabs was tremendous and given its a situation you have found yourselves in many times this year (only to fade) shows that this young group has taken a step forward.

As mentioned by Toodogs it was a nice touch by Eastlake to stand near the Tigers race and clap Merv from the field. Showed tremendous respect and it was appreciated by all at Tigerland. Well done guys, that showed class!

Final four looks set with Swans about to drop senior players back to have a look at young blokes in their first grade. They wont drop another game if this happens with exception against Belco. What are the finals qualifications for Swans players.
Qnbo will miss. After yesterdays win, other final four contenders would breath sign of relief. Demons are falling, Triclours are pretenders. So Maggies have this in the bag if Swans dont qualify players !@!

Belco / Swans GF again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round 12, Hawks v Belconnen, will be winging its way to flickr very shortly (for your personal viewing pleasure).

www.flickr.com/photos/red3photography :thumbsu:

Now I have Round 12 Eastlake v Sydney and a few from Round 13 Belconnen v Queanbeyan to work on.

Round 13 was a no-show for me, as I was on holidays. It rained everyday and I'm still a bit p!ssed about it.

This weekend (Round 15) I expect to be at Ainslie on Saturday and Dairy Farmers on Sunday.

Cheers

it will be interesting to see what Ainslie produce this week. hughes went on ainger in the last quarter and got 4 kicked on him.

i'm sure they had 'crisis' and 'panic' meetings to rectify the situation.

quanbo might struggle against the swans who are playing well. no jesse white though

belco should beat eastlake too.

Better late than never:

Swans over Tigers (in a close one)
Belco over Eastlake (by lots)
Ainslie over Hawks (that's what the head says, but an 'upset' wouldn't surprise me either)

Maybe Ainslie should have your "suggested" crisis/panic meetings every week after their demolition of the Hawkers. Timothy Inkster moved very nicely, very polished display. If any side has an x factor in it, well he's Ainslies.

i agree with weekly crisis/panic meetings as they truly played well. i left at 3/4 time. it was a good struggle up unitl half time with inkster playing very well. noticed healy playing 2's. anyone have a reason for this. cleaver, murch and johnson didnt play either. though with those out.

other results today?

Final four looks set with Swans about to drop senior players back to have a look at young blokes in their first grade. They wont drop another game if this happens with exception against Belco. What are the finals qualifications for Swans players.

I don't know the specific rules but most comps that have ressies qualifier only put them to use when the senior team is not playing.

So whatever the qualifiers they wont kick in to the swans season is over, which will be round 22 of the AFL.

With only a couple of rounds left the Swans will have these senior players for while yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final 4 is set for season 2009 after the Swans totally destroyed a dissapointing Tigers side at DFP.

Swans were to quick, to skillfull and to clinical as they ran riot from the first bounce. Tigers were never in the game which is difficult to understand considering it was their season on the line.

Tigers looked slow, lacked discipline at times, lacked intensity and gave the game up early without much of a whimper. So un Qbn like.

For the Swans well I think I have seen the only side that can take on Belconnen, in fact, if they have the same list come GF day I would back them to take it out again.

With Buchanan, Crouch, Moore, Barry leading the way and a supporting cast of O'Keefe, laidlaw, Brabazon, Schmidt, Pyke, Murphy and Gilchrist this looked like the Swans best side this season by far.

Well done Sydney, I didn't think you would make finals this year but you have proved my totally wrong, as for Qbn, yet another dissapointing season to back up the poor effort of last year.

The club is going thru a rebuilding phase and it will take time, but some senior players just haven't done enough often enough and need to have a good look at themselves before next year.

As for some of the kids, they can be proud of themselves and will only get better as they develop into the next generation of Tiger leaders.

Hard to play badly when you are starved of the ball I guess FF, but 178 disposals in 3/4's of football just isn't going to be competitive. The thing that dissapointed the most was that players just let it happen.

It took until the last term for some real body on body stuff...Tiger sides of the past would have made the Swans earn their kicks, I just think to many Tigers players aren't hard enough on themselves or their opponents.

Hard to play badly when you are starved of the ball I guess FF, but 178 disposals in 3/4's of football just isn't going to be competitive. The thing that dissapointed the most was that players just let it happen.

It took until the last term for some real body on body stuff...Tiger sides of the past would have made the Swans earn their kicks, I just think to many Tigers players aren't hard enough on themselves or their opponents.

ABH , stop living in the past mate.
And dont kid yourself either - your tiger teams of the 90s would have got smashed aswell by an outfit with those senior swans players.
I see you have been sucking up to the swans supporters again on their forum
At start of year you wrote them off saying they wouldnt feature in finals , now you are saying they will play Belco in GF and you will be supporting them !!
and whats all this crap you are feeding them, making excuses that you are rebuilding with kids at Tigerland - you must have the oldest list in the league.
You are a deadset dreamer mate
lose the excuses and get real

I hear from a friend of mine amongst those suckers for punishment who wear orange every week that some young whippet of a kid who runs on the boundary in 1sts has only today been appointed to the AFL and will run this weekend.

I'm waiting more information but I understand the kid is still in school. Not a bad effort!

Congrats to you, best of luck!

I think that post is known as a bigfooty backhander. I to picked Swans to miss in favour of QBN, but ive no excuses, i was simply wrong and QBN are in a little bit of trouble.
I've watched QBN 3 times this year and as for them being a very young side, well the games ive wittnessed, QBN looked like your typical run of the mill side in regards to age.
Ive posted many times my GF tip, which was Eastlake V Ainslie, it looks very shaky as i cant see the Tri Colours going past Swans. Belco in box seat obviously, but we've all seen many a choke come finals times.
I firmly believe that if the nice hair cuts from wakefield drive get over Swans, they could be the sleeper, but i stand to be corrected.

I also saw bopping bouncing babbling bubba reid walking though belco plaza yesterday, can anyone tell me who he's dating at the minute, guy he was holding hands with looked similar to George Costanza. Im sure they are together, i watched them soft kiss out the front of rebel sports.

KP your charming and insightful wit is often a highlight of this forum, but you've gone too far bagging players/coaches wives on the forum. Stick to the highly intellectual stuff you pride yourself on and leave the missus bashing alone.

Good luck to the ACT this weekend in the Rep game... Any updates on the likely team to run out? What's Sydney AFL like in comparison? Thoughts?

ABH , stop living in the past mate.
And dont kid yourself either - your tiger teams of the 90s would have got smashed aswell by an outfit with those senior swans players.
I see you have been sucking up to the swans supporters again on their forum
At start of year you wrote them off saying they wouldnt feature in finals , now you are saying they will play Belco in GF and you will be supporting them !!
and whats all this crap you are feeding them, making excuses that you are rebuilding with kids at Tigerland - you must have the oldest list in the league.
You are a deadset dreamer mate
lose the excuses and get real

Walks up to BBB's bait, looks, then turns away humming "Cheer Cheer the Red & the White"

I hear from a friend of mine amongst those suckers for punishment who wear orange every week that some young whippet of a kid who runs on the boundary in 1sts has only today been appointed to the AFL and will run this weekend.

I'm waiting more information but I understand the kid is still in school. Not a bad effort!

Congrats to you, best of luck!

Hey Taffetta,
The young guy you refer to is Chris Simms. Pretty sure he's still only 17.
He has been promoted onto the AFL List as a boundary umpire. He will umpire his first game as an AFL Umpire this weekend at Manuka Oval in the Sydney V Melbourne game. "Simmsy" gets his call up after outstanding performances at State League level, including last years Grand Final and also by being the best young boundary talent at the recent National U18’s carnival.
This is an outstanding achievement and he joins other locals Luke Roberts (boundary) and James Savage (goals) on the AFL list.
There's more than one way to make it to the AFL!!
Gois

Good luck to the ACT this weekend in the Rep game... Any updates on the likely team to run out? What's Sydney AFL like in comparison? Thoughts?

a stab in the dark at the team as a few players have pulled out and some have been put in.

B: Pocock Rogers Ghobrial
HB: S. clarke Quade Stiller
C: Crook Bennett Jeffery
HF: Jennings Huhges Pieterson
F: Healy Ainger Bruce
FOL: Gibson n. Clarke Lewis
INT: Tutt Cleaver Dickinson L. Bennett

as i said i have no idea who is available etc

How true is the rumour that AFL Canberra lost to Sydney today ? If so what happened. Anyone know who actually went from each club ?. Seriously the Sydney League is crap in comparison to ACT so something is astray if they beat us !!!!!!

Round 13, Hawks v Eastlake, is heading to flickr (for your personal viewing pleasure).

www.flickr.com/photos/red3photography :thumbsu:

I hate to say it, but right now I am completely over footy photography. I love taking the photos and being at the games, but it takes longer to process/edit a game's worth of photos than the actual game itself. And my monster footy lens is starting to play up. Oh well. I'm just having a little vent. :)

Still looks like some interesting footy to come.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back