afl.com.au iPhone App

Remove this Banner Ad

nonameplayer

Rookie
Mar 5, 2007
Melbourne
Just noticed that the AFL has released their 2010 iPhone app, just wondering what you guys think of the price of the app ($5.99 per 30 day subscription)?

Will you be purchasing this app or use the free ones that are out there like TripleM footy lite, or any others???

On iTunes it says that it includes:

-Video on demand
-Live scores
-Live commentary
-Live stats (dream team etc.)
-Player profiles
-AFL and club news
-Scoreworm
-Fixtures
-Ladders
-Access to dream team

$6 is a massive ripoff and I won't be buying it, hopefully there is a lite version. Looks like a really awesome app though, would love to get it.

And scarcrow, the MMM one is just Slattery Media's app with a MMM logo on it.

Included in the MMM app is:
Live scores
Fixtures
Ladder
Draft results
Profiles- has a players height, weight etc.
And the latest AFL scores.

video on demand... LOL

so what, you'll be able to watch a game live, when u demand it? i dont think so... it will be 2 10 second highlights from each game, after you've already watched the game anyway...

if this was a FREE app, id MAYBE think about getting it...

paying $6 a month? NO CHANCE... even though $6 is a small fee, you can get all that information else where for free, so i dont really see the point... im not going to get the shakes on the train because im removed from 'the footy loop' for all of 45mins... get a book and read on the train/tram, get paid to check footy stuff when u get to work... problem solved...

another money hungry idea from the afl... u'd be a spud to buy something from the afl on principle...

$6 is a massive ripoff and I won't be buying it, hopefully there is a lite version. Looks like a really awesome app though, would love to get it.

This sentence hurt my face, what happened in it?

If it's 6 dollars a month and the entire AFL season runs from March to October, in essence you're paying nearly $50 for things you can get for free on the AFL website during the duration of the actual playing season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well i was waiting for them to actually do this. but 6 bucks! what a rip off. Not even the official Arsenal app is 6 bucks (well when I bought it anyway)

afl website is so fail

its slow (probs cos they've got a million flash objects on each page) and gets updated late...

come to think of it, the iphone app will probably just be linked to the web site: i.e. will be slow, updated late etc...

^^ agreed. I thought the OP got it wrong coz the apps I've bought have never had 30 day subscription. Just read it now on my iPhone, what a total joke

I have an Aussie Live app, but I cant tell you if it is any good as nothing on there is of any use until rd 1.

Appears to be ok as far as what it offers but until i see it in action it is hard to know.

Either way it was free so nothing lost I guess.

ps. It does currently offer all upto date articles from various sources such as the HUN.

They are delusional.
$6 per month is unprecedented and laughable! They would have been better off just ramping the price up to, say, $12.99 one off.
Also a lot of the content is freely available on their own web-site!!!

As the general consensus goes, it's blue murder for the AFL to flog this app. If you want all the news and goss you can just use safari to load it. The only important feature is live scores which pretty much any of the free apps can provide.
I have an Aussie Live app, but I cant tell you if it is any good as nothing on there is of any use until rd 1.

Appears to be ok as far as what it offers but until i see it in action it is hard to know.

ps. It does currently offer all upto date articles from various sources such as the HUN.
Has a dreamteam feature as well I think. I've got the same one.

Aussie Live is good. Updates score every few min and updates stats on the half or quarters from memory. The DT scores aren't available until the end of the match though. It isn't that good for news, but has a full ladder which is rare (atleast on the ones I have tried)

Another good one is AussieRules (this one let you choose your source for score updates, AFL Game Day, Fox Sports Mobile, thescore.com.au sportal or yahoo7). Is really good for news, but the ladder sucks.

I recommend both, that way you get the best of both worlds!

Same, I've got 97 and counting, but $6 per month is ****ing criminal. You've gotta draw the line somewhere.

I'm gonna look around, and if there's any other footy apps that provide anywhere near the same features, will go with that instead.

I currently have 208 (then another 21 in the downloads list I haven't downloaded), if its free I buy!!!!

A $6 once off price? Sure.

$6 every 30 days. Kidding me. :rolleyes:

This. What an absolutely unmitigated ****ing joke :rolleyes:

Does Telstra or the AFL know how to get ANYTHING right?

Absolute joke organisations.

What other iPhone app comes close to their BS pricing scheme?

Remove this Banner Ad

afl.com.au iPhone App

Remove this Banner Ad

Back