afl.com.au iPhone App

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to listen to the footy via radio on your iPhone get the app TUNEIN RADIO. Honestly one of the best apps and well worth the $2.49.

It probably has every possible radio station in the world including internet stations.

The AFL app is well overpriced, the video content will just be highlights so it's not really worth it. If it had live streaming then that's another story.

If you want to listen to the footy via radio on your iPhone get the app TUNEIN RADIO. Honestly one of the best apps and well worth the $2.49.

It probably has every possible radio station in the world including internet stations.

The AFL app is well overpriced, the video content will just be highlights so it's not really worth it. If it had live streaming then that's another story.
Does the MMM app and so on turn off while it is broadcasting the footy?

Won't work. Apps like that use the streaming off the radio station websites. During AFL broadcasts those streams go down so you're forced to listen through the AFL website.

This sentence hurt my face, what happened in it?
Don't know what you mean, I said that $6 a month is a stupid price, that I wish there was a lite version, although I love the look of the app and would like to get it if it wasn't $6.

Oh wait, you support Essendon.

to expensive,
no good,
footy lite by slattery is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Aussie Rules LIVE' is free and does the job.
- Live Scores
- Live text commentary for all games
- Live goalkickers
- Live ladder updates
- Shake the phone for live score updates.
- Full fixture and individual team fixtures.
- Latest team news via Herald Sun
- Previous round scores and goalkickers
- Compare results, ladder and head to head from apst seasons
- One touch acces to your favourite team

Free>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $6 per month.

$6 a Month is a joke, I guess I understand why the AFL has allowed streaming only through their Website of games.

afl website is so fail

its slow (probs cos they've got a million flash objects on each page) and gets updated late...

come to think of it, the iphone app will probably just be linked to the web site: i.e. will be slow, updated late etc...

I guess this explains why the AFL website is completely useless on an iphone.

It's also useless on a Mac and Windows. Maybe it works on a Linux machine?

This. Also you can record and rewind the stream in case you miss something.

The AFL finals app last year was ok - if only for watching video highlights afterwards in the pub.

But this pricing model is insane. Only the AFL would greedy/stupid enough to try it.
There are plenty of good apps for free or next to free.

'Aussie Rules LIVE' is free and does the job.
- Live Scores
- Live text commentary for all games
- Live goalkickers
- Live ladder updates
- Shake the phone for live score updates.
- Full fixture and individual team fixtures.
- Latest team news via Herald Sun
- Previous round scores and goalkickers
- Compare results, ladder and head to head from apst seasons
- One touch acces to your favourite team

Free>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $6 per month.

damn right, what's more with this app is when you've chosen your team, the homepage for the app starts up with relevant news/games/fixtures for your team, fantastic!

I have both Aussie Rules LIVE and the Footy Lite app from Slattery media. Why pay for an AFL app when all I want is the live score update. I am not that DESPERATE to watch video over a (probable) slow link on a small screen when I can just wait to get home. For me, it's just about the scores......

Remove this Banner Ad

afl.com.au iPhone App

Remove this Banner Ad

Back