AFL.com.au is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly that's not the case they actually hired 40 journos last year to make the site the 'go to' site for AFL news and opinions.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/med...eports-on-itself/story-e6frg9to-1226342076532

And one bloke to operate the tech side of the site
View attachment 14621

and another to administer the site
View attachment 14623

To be fair, those sort of blokes would probably get the job done just fine. They've probably gone for the good looking ones who interviewed well and threw around the right buzz words.

Thought last year was actually manageable for the first time ever in that videos were readily accessible, which is basically all I care about. This year it's once again a shambles, and the little things make it all the more infuriating. That umpire who says 'out of bounds on the full' when the link they provided goes nowhere is a patronising joke - but at least it actually shows a web page, as opposed to endless 502s.

Even getting the teams on a Thursday evening is excruciating. I understand that Channel 7 have the rights to first announce at 6.20pm, and probably even half a short embargo for the half hour or so after that. But afl.com is STILL legitimately trumped by countless other sites such as sportal.com.

I used to watch some of the match replay videos during the week last year with my mac plugged into the big screen it wasn't to bad you could get a fullscreen picture and go forward or backward whenever you wanted to watch something again.

I tried to watch the new Smart Replay the other day and not only cant you get a full screen picture but you can only go forward or backward to certain "events" like goals, contested marks etc.

FFS the Smart Replay may be ok if you just want to watch the goals or whatever but the old not so smart replay was much better if you wanted to watch the whole game.

I couldn't be bothered so turned it off, bring back the old replays.

Jack Viney
Matt Jones
Jack Grimes
Mitch Clark
Crash Test Dummy 1
Crash Test Dummy 2
Crash Test Dummy 3
Crash Test Dummy 4
Crash Test Dummy 5
Crash Test Dummy 6
Crash Test Dummy 7
Crash Test Dummy 8
Crash Test Dummy 9
Crash Test Dummy 10
Crash Test Dummy 11
Crash Test Dummy 12
Crash Test Dummy 13
Crash Test Dummy 14
Crash Test Dummy 15
Crash Test Dummy 16
Crash Test Dummy 17
Crash Test Dummy 18

But which Crash Test Dummy would be named sub?

I tried to watch the new Smart Replay the other day and not only cant you get a full screen picture but you can only go forward or backward to certain "events" like goals, contested marks etc.

FFS the Smart Replay may be ok if you just want to watch the goals or whatever but the old not so smart replay was much better if you wanted to watch the whole game.
Smart Replay is still telling me I can't watch highlights from North v Collingwood because I'm outside of Australia and NZ. Yet it works for the other round one games. LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually nba.com looks eerily similar in layout to afl.com, I bet it runs smoother though. To think with a better broadcasting deal, the standard of web access and broadcast quality have not improved at all, and in some ways have become worse. **** the fans eh.

The AFL has realized that this information super highway, inter webby thing is just a passing fad. No more than 6 or 7 people will ever use it. No use putting any resources into it.

Off to lunch now.

So we've finally discovered the AFL's IT consultant.

783426DD5.png

"No point having a website Andy, I predict computers in the future will be so expensive only the five richest supporters in Australia will be able to own one"

All the old links don't work. For example, if you Google something and come up with an old AFL website article, now it cannot be reached.

Yeah have noticed that, particularly when going back to look at injury articles/debut articles. Considering there is a great stats site called AFL tables and this forum has up to date subs/changes in a few boards, I've just about given up on the AFL site and hopefully most others do too.

Plus the tipping prizes have gone to shit.

If you guys want to watch a replay of a game perfectly, I'd recommend BigPond sport. Perfect website with very high quality.

Cheers, just checked it then and the Coll/Roos game is working perfectly... with the added bonus you can actually maximise it to proper fullscreen.

The AFL should next time sell the rights to one of the many pron sites , they seem to load and stream well.

They have plenty in common with the AFL

There are plenty of goals and behinds scored , and sprayed shots at goal and many climactic moments. :p
The only thing thats in common with the AFL and pr0n sites is that one makes you blow a load at the screen, and the other makes you load a blow at the screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL.com.au is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back