AFL Diversity Manager banned for life from competing in football, stands down from position

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the AFL can't continue to employ someone that has been deregistered from playing football.

It would be like a driving school continuing to employ a driving instructor that has lost his drivers license.

Bachar Houli has chimed in on Facebook.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...g/news-story/f4584801a71a38c0d3cd1808def12494

As much as I believe Houli's strike had unintended consequences, it's a bit like Julian Knight and Martin Bryant giving each other character references at the moment!

I had the utmost respect for Houli until recently. Good to watch on field and seemed like a very nice bloke of it - considerate, intelligent and thoughtful. Felt sorry for him when he made that mistake (think it was v WCE) that cost the Tigers a game a while back.

After his suspension the other day I was a bit disappointed, but was in the heat of the game and out of character so no big deal.

Now I see his facebook post and I'm angry. Sorry Bachar, but you're now an a$$&@!#. Suggest you find a new circle of friends and hire a PR firm to help recover your reputation. You're making Dusty Martin look like Mother Theresa.

Only good will come of this. Either the AFL sacks him, six years too late; or, they perform some sort of amazing 1984-double-think backflip and keep him on, which would be worth seeing just to enjoy the outrage.

Ah, will be fun tomorrow morning. I bet they're calculating his payout right now.

Cannot continue with his job at the AFL and I would be saying the same thing no matter what his name is. Should be interesting to hear the noises out of the AFL tomorrow.

A fully paid twelve month leave of absence, community service work and an anger management course in the Bahamas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-05/fahour-out-of-local-footy-after-life-ban

Fahour deregistered after 14-game ban

THE NORTHERN Football League tribunal has suspended AFL diversity manager Ali Fahour for 14 matches.

Fahour was reported for striking Whittlesea opponent Dale Saddington in the head while playing for West Preston-Lakeside (based approximately 8kms north of Melbourne CBD) on Saturday.

The suspension triggers deregistration from local football.

Following the suspension, Fahour announced he would be stepping down from his position at the AFL.

Following the suspension, Fahour announced he would be "stepping down" from his position at the AFL.

Falling on one's sword always sounds better than being beheaded involuntarily.

Falling on one's sword always sounds better than being beheaded involuntarily.

Reminds me of the email that'd go to everyone at work when someone "resigned"
Wasn't the smartest idea by the boss as we all knew each other outside of the job and news travels fast in a company with about 30 employees

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Diversity Manager banned for life from competing in football, stands down from position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back