Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I was reading a rookie me article that said O'Sullivan is mobile, tall, and good in traffic. plays like a 198cm midfielder that lacks defensive pressure and forward craft, but has found his home as a key defender.

I assume this means we will draft him and try to turn him into a midfielder because Essington.
I mean he has played midfield this year so it’s not like we are the ones that would have started it

We are not finding or developing a 198cm midfielder

Wouldnt think his agility or speed is excellent
I don’t think you would be taking him on his midfield potential. More his intercept CHF ability and perhaps pinch hitting ruck/mid like EDPS suggested.

O’Sullivan looks a great prospect, was looking at his footage today in detail. Just not great timing for us to take him imo.

Sort of happy whoever lands our way. No issues with Wilson or Sullivan. My preference is James Leake I think he is a good fit and very talented at a number of facets of the game.

Very interesting Q&A with Chris Cavanagh from the HS.

- Reckons the cats are keen on either caddy or Wilson.

- sounds like the dees are very keen on Leake with 6 and probably won’t get past GWS at 7 if the dees don’t take him.

- we’re interested in O’Sullivan. Rational being that we’re concerned about Reid’s body holding up. We also like archer Reid but we’re not picking in his range.

Granted O'Sullivan/Leake are more of a list need for us. Obviously due to Reid's uncertainty.

Technically we can't lose whichever way it falls.
Osullivan isnt a need

He could just be clear best available

Leake can play anywhere, im not his biggest fan but he may be an exciting one to have. I wish i got to see his midfield work. Some will see him as a future inside mid

Caddy
Osullivan
Tholstrup

Is my list Order

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting Q&A with Chris Cavanagh from the HS.

- Reckons the cats are keen on either caddy or Wilson.

- sounds like the dees are very keen on Leake with 6 and probably won’t get past GWS at 7 if the dees don’t take him.

- we’re interested in O’Sullivan. Rational being that we’re concerned about Reid’s body holding up. We also like archer Reid but we’re not picking in his range.
Definitely could see Leake going at six imo has a lot of strings to his bow.

People say Caddy won't slip to us but I think he's still a chance. Would slot right in.
All of Melbourne, GWS and Geelong need young KPP's. Hard to see how he slips.

All of Melbourne, GWS and Geelong need young KPP's. Hard to see how he slips.
What if they don’t rate him as highly as the other players available?

What if they don’t rate him as highly as the other players available?
Well then he’ll slip. But chances are one of them will have a crack.

It would be an interesting scenario if he did slip past them all. You can’t help but wonder ‘what are they not seeing in him?’ for him to slip past them despite that apparent need…
Fun and games!

Cal reckons we’ll be on the phone trying to arrange a pick swap if Curtin slides to the second half of the top 10.

Caddy in the mix for us but we need a few 50/50s to go our way.

Cal reckons we’ll be on the phone trying to arrange a pick swap if Curtin slides to the second half of the top 10.

Caddy in the mix for us but we need a few 50/50s to go our way.
Let's pretend we get into a position where we can select Curtin (we won't), but do we develop him as a midfielder from the outset eDPS

Or is his midfield ability a trick for every now and then, likely just develop him as our future CHB.

Let's pretend we get into a position where we can select Curtin (we won't), but do we develop him as a midfielder from the outset eDPS

Or is his midfield ability a trick for every now and then, likely just develop him as our future CHB.
I don’t think he’s slide to our pick. I could see us potentially trading up if he landed at the dees or maybe the cats

Yeah zero chance to get past the Dees at 6, I think North and Eagles will trade and the Eagles will take him with pick 2(3).
People that know a lot more than me seem to think he’s a chance to get all the way to the cats…

Well then he’ll slip. But chances are one of them will have a crack.

It would be an interesting scenario if he did slip past them all. You can’t help but wonder ‘what are they not seeing in him?’ for him to slip past them despite that apparent need…
Fun and games!

Likely they are seeing having 2nd first round picks and hoping he slips

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back