Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

People that know a lot more than me seem to think he’s a chance to get all the way to the cats…
Melbourne will take him in seconds if he gets there.

I have massive reservations taking another KPD, I get the argument of ‘best available’ that comes up every year: but ffs Hayes, Reid, Cox, OSullivan after bringing in McKay on big $$ for 5 years… seems silly (not to mention Weideman and Baldwin). Especially after my eyeballs have just seen us get run totally ragged by Collingwood and GWS who prioritise talented hard running smalls all over the ground.

And before people say ‘Cox isn’t a KPP’ he may not be, but if we are going to develop the kid he needs a chance to fit his 200cm lanky bod in our backline somehow.

I want to see us bring in an aggressive, hard running mid or two that are at the top of the 2km time trial and help us turn the needle in regards to running out 4th quarters.
Darcy Wilson or Caleb Windsor. Even dodo can't f**k this up

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would be very, very happy if we got Darcy Wilson. He’s a super mover - decent speed, great engine and beautifully balanced. Great step and his kicking is penetrating but he can weight his delivery as well.

Has that Ridley like grace and composure to his game. Everything is clean, always has time and finds space.

Loses nothing by comparison to Sanders (think I prefer Wilson tbh) and definitely rate him ahead of Windsor.

Cal reckons into Shaun Mannagh aswell

Not sure about that

Fixed for you
Not really. It's as if I've never had accurate Melbourne information on their trade and draft targets before (like Lever, May, Melksham, Hibberd and Brown). I didn't post on those at all.

Last edited:
It's a chance. If Curtin isn't there.
Are you certain Melbourne will take Curtin because of some inside knowledge? Or because he’s a need and far in a way the most talented player?

Or both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you certain Melbourne will take Curtin because of some inside knowledge? Or because he’s a need and far in a way the most talented player?

Or both
A bit of both. The only reason they wouldn't is if they think he's too much of a flight risk and see an opportunity to cash in majorly.

If he gets past North's two picks they're crazy though.

A bit of both. The only reason they wouldn't is if they think he's too much of a flight risk and see an opportunity to cash in majorly.

If he gets past North's two picks they're crazy though.
I suspect flight risk is the only reason he’s sliding at all. Norf probably don’t want another JHF on their hands

I suspect flight risk is the only reason he’s sliding at all. Norf probably don’t want another JHF on their hands
Im not sure sliding is the right term, he could very well go at pick 2 still

It sounds like hawks decision is Curtin vs Watson

The dogs dont need a KPD
It's a chance. If Curtin isn't there.
So its just a chance or its guaranteed if Curtin aint there?

Im not sure sliding is the right term, he could very well go at pick 2 still

It sounds like hawks decision is Curtin vs Watson

The dogs dont need a KPD

So its just a chance or its guaranteed if Curtin aint there?
A chance from what I can tell. They really like O'Sullivan as well

Things changed rather quickly
You asked if Curtin wasn't there. It was pretty obvious what I was referring to but instead you try to play dumb and pretend otherwise.

Stop with the petty shit. Anyway, pretty obvious you only want to score cheap points for your internet cred on a forum with people you've never met. Ciao.

You asked if Curtin wasn't there.

I dont believe i did?
It was pretty obvious what I was referring to but instead you try to play dumb and pretend otherwise.

Stop with the petty s**t. Anyway, pretty obvious you only want to score cheap points for your internet cred on a forum with people you've never met. Ciao.
I couldnt care less about people ive never met, im here to discuss a topic i enjoy. Nothing more, nothing less

You seem to claim alot of knowledge of what clubs/players are doing as fact

Anyway we move on

Last edited:
How far out from draft day does Cal bring out his last phantom draft? Put all our minds to rest. 😂
Id say his mock is pretty much what he thinks right now

But i suppose it can change with North eagles trade if that occurs, which i think it will

Last edited:
I think his last mock draft he obviously has the inside knowledge with the combination that clubs have settled on their choices.

His opinions come through in his mock, but he doesn't start getting concrete inside info until fairly late in the piece.

The phantom he does a week out and the one he does a day before tend to change a bit, and the 'late mail' that he puts up 3 hours before the draft is often pretty different from the day before as clubs start to settle on their decisions and he gets wind of them (probably from the draft prospects rather than anyone else).

It can be interesting to go back through the archive and compare different editions of his phantoms to see how it shapes up

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back