Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it a rest brother.
We got who we wanted

Yewwww
And gave something up for no reason, when we need as many picks as possible.
Geelong were going O'Sullivan the entire time.

If Geelong were really going for Caddy, and pick 31 isn't a big deal, then why did it change their mind?
Boncer > Geelong recruiting team.

Pick 31 averages 65 games. We've had that pick 5 times and selected Andrew Ukovic, Joel Reynolds, Ariel Steinberg, Jackson Merrett and Josh Begley. Don't think we've given up much at all to guarantee we got what we wanted.
Geelong took Reynolds off us so maybe they like pick 31's :cool:

I have no idea if we did the right thing. But if you're so positive we did the wrong thing I'd assume you'd at least be able to tell me who were missing at #31?
You want me to predict a pick 20 picks away?
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

More than likely Geelong were taking him.

Now they can watch draft in the 30s and see if someone they rate is still there and potentially trade back into it.

I’m more than fine with the trade. Caddy is definitely a need.
O’Sullivan was less of a need.

And gave something up for no reason, when we need as many picks as possible.
Geelong were going O'Sullivan the entire time.

If Geelong were really going for Caddy, and pick 31 isn't a big deal, then why did it change their mind?
Boncer > Geelong recruiting team.
Well actually we did not need as many picks as possible. PSD has been good to us. Take 2 picks. Upgrade Baldwin. Have some blokes train with us over summer for the last spot. The only way i am upset is if he cost us 9 and something inside the top 20 or a F1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 31 averages 65 games. We've had that pick 5 times and selected Andrew Ukovic, Joel Reynolds, Ariel Steinberg, Jackson Merrett and Josh Begley. Don't think we've given up much at all to guarantee we got what we wanted.
And even if Geelong pick a star with pick 31, we need to all remember that Essendon were 95% not going to pick that player.

Mate I was just asking. It's ok you don't know.

As I said I got nfi.

Well, I thought Gothard was going to be there TBH, I rated him as a top 5 talent in the draft.
All the projections had him as late 40s to rookie picks.

At the end of the day, the best way to draft is to throw as many darts as possible.
Wasting them is just silly.

Well actually we did not need as many picks as possible. PSD has been good to us. Take 2 picks. Upgrade Baldwin. Have some blokes train with us over summer for the last spot. The only way i am upset is if he cost us 9 and something inside the top 20 or a F1
Always nice to have a spot free for the SSP. Or MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back