Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look through the prospects.
I think if available travaglia is the one for us,

187 can take a mark and intercept, multi positional flanker/winger, very good footskills and athleticism.

If we could secure him and kako we potentially draft two guys who could feature in our best 22 next season.

Any draft heads think he will last to our pick

187 can take a mark and intercept, multi positional flanker/winger, very good footskills and athleticism.

If we could secure him and kako we potentially draft two guys who could feature in our best 22 next season.

Sounds like a shorter Cox.
No one wants that…

Shannahan 6.2 today, looking more and more likely to be a top 10-12 pick
Langford 30 and 4 goals would be a great get for us
Lalor with 25 and 1 who is a chance to get to our pick despite the hype some bigfooty posters are putting around him.
Any one of them 3 and Kako would be a great result for us.
Melbourne winning last night was not what we needed and we just need to pray that battle warrants band 2 compo!

I would actually question his kicking skills- ok but not elite

Isn’t he leading kicking % at the championship? Pretty sure I saw that somewhere. At the very least he’s a long kick who breaks lines
Have already commented on the fact that I think he needs to sort his kicking out. Have seen it in a few games where he gets it and kicks it to nowhere in particular.

Isn’t he leading kicking % at the championship? Pretty sure I saw that somewhere. At the very least he’s a long kick who breaks lines
I don’t know.
I have watched him play live a stack of times and don’t see his kick as a weapon.
I do see his run and carry and competitiveness as strengths.

We should be at pick 8-10 after matches and there are 4-5 good midsize mids/wings

Langford, Smilie, Tobie, lalor and Allen.

There’s also 2 Academy player in that group and a bunch of smaller mids rated very highly so we very likely get 1 of that above group.

We might also trade up just to be sure especially with Kako in range for our pick

If we could take any player. Harvey Langford is the one for me

Well Scott did say he wanted multiple Langfords when he first got here. He’s no1 on my board and I’d be shocked if he wasn’t top4 (including Ashcroft)
I agree, I dont think he will be on the board when our turn. Sam Lalor next on my list then perhaps Shanahan as someone we have seen close up.

I agree, I dont think he will be on the board when our turn. Sam Lalor next on my list then perhaps Shanahan as someone we have seen close up.

I think our list currently has too many talls and smalls so I’m personally wanting the best midsize player available.

Midsize, has played mid but could play elsewhere and can kick. Best available who fits that description

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our list currently has too many talls and smalls so I’m personally wanting the best midsize player available.

Midsize, has played mid but could play elsewhere and can kick. Best available who fits that description
I would argue we have too many guys who have no defined position that are "mid sized"

Jones (not good enough winger),
Perkins (is he a fwd or a mid?),
Cox (self explanatory),
Laverde (not a key defender yet played majority of the season)
Draper (#1 ruck playing as a KPF?)

That is a lot of guys we have not settled into defined role.

I would argue we have too many guys who have no defined position that are "mid sized"

Cox (self explanatory),

IMO the only one that we have no idea what to do with is Cox. Perkins and Draper haven't been great the latter part of the season but they are starting to play roles that are more on the level of their abilities. Jones is probably a case where he's been played on the wing because we've committed to play Langford and Stringer in the forward line this year, presumably next year if we lose Jake then he'll move back to be the third tall alongside Caddy and Draper/Wright.

Laverde is just a depth player that's filled a hole for us this year. If Ridley and Reid were in the team he wouldn't be playing at all.

Cox (self explanatory),

I would categorise Jones Cox Draper as talls

Laverde is a tweener (in between positions )

Perkins is a midsize player and yeah his position is TBD but that’s more a development issue. Hopefully you find him a spot.

Edit: I have liked Jones as a wing. He obviously can’t play it yet. But has the tank decent skills and reasonable speed. He’s the opposite of Lav in that he’s a multi position utility where as Lav is a multi position player that can’t really play either the tall or medium role that well.

Last edited:

As long as footskills are at a minimum, very good

Being serious the question mark will be his athletic ability for a 194cm bloke. He has power and is a solid mark. There are probably a few more mobile forward options around but he has done well in both VFL games.
Treacy was bang on 194cm with power, if I remember right there were even thoughts he might even become a big midfielder, but if I didn't know better I'd guess he was a 198 cm gorilla fwd the way he plays. He's the exact guy I'd sell the farm for. Presence, aggression, good hands, good kick, good workrate

Can some one please explain why these dicks have an extra pick at end of first round? Says related to North Melb assistance package!

View attachment 2092407
North traded pick 44 and that for Dylan Stephens and pick 25 last year.

North packaged together pick 25 with 21 to get zac fisher and pick 17 (wil dawson)

Treacy was bang on 194cm with power, if I remember right there were even thoughts he might even become a big midfielder, but if I didn't know better I'd guess he was a 198 cm gorilla fwd the way he plays. He's the exact guy I'd sell the farm for. Presence, aggression, good hands, good kick, good workrate
Having kicked another 6 on the weekend he is certainly looking good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back