Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Contested marking dropped off the shopping list?
No but it is not looking like what is at the top end of this draft in numbers so that may be more trade or FA .

As much I want a forward, I'm really liking Travaglia for us. Would free up the Martin forward move. He really seems like a high potential player that's still getting slept on a bit. Could be top 5.
Travaglia is not top 5 in my opinion.
I am fairly comfortable with my ratings.
I had Murphy Reid higher than all and his form is playing to that. Probably ahead of joe berry now.
Jonty Faull is probably the key position player who suits us best but I don’t think we can nab him unless we slide out of the 8 and then we might be a shot.
I think the most important thing is to hear about clubs access to father son candidates and ngas.
Isaac Kako is an upgrade on both daveys, Menzies and wanganeen already though his kicking is still a bit messy for mine.
Koby Bewick is shaping up to be very promising but will be available about the same time as Harley Reid and you can bet on the bombers being all in on that one. There is also the spectre of the Tassie side coming in which complicates things further.

I had Murphy Reid higher than all and his form is playing to that. Probably ahead of joe berry now.
Jonty Faull is probably the key position player who suits us best but I don’t think we can nab him unless we slide out of the 8 and then we might be a shot.
I think the most important thing is to hear about clubs access to father son candidates and ngas.
Isaac Kako is an upgrade on both daveys, Menzies and wanganeen already though his kicking is still a bit messy for mine.
Koby Bewick is shaping up to be very promising but will be available about the same time as Harley Reid and you can bet on the bombers being all in on that one. There is also the spectre of the Tassie side coming in which complicates things further.
Glad someone else has questioned Kako and kicking. Have not seen a lot live this year and he ticks a lot of boxes but I was thinking the kicking needed improvement.

Glad someone else has questioned Kako and kicking. Have not seen a lot live this year and he ticks a lot of boxes but I was thinking the kicking needed improvement.
A small forward needs to be able to consistently convert.
My question on Isaac is this.
Check out faull from north Ballarat/ vic country.
Would compliment caddy if we could snag him.

I put Travaglia in a class with NWM, Caddy, Humphrey as guys I thought were top 5 picks based on their unique skillsets and probably should have gone there in hindsight. Are there a few guys that have better production? Absolutely, but there will be multiple players similar to those avaliable in every draft class. I dont think there is another player in the draft class, that has his balance and movement. I think he'll be a Whitfield, Blakely, Martin level of player.

I put Travaglia in a class with NWM, Caddy, Humphrey as guys I thought were top 5 picks based on their unique skillsets and probably should have gone there in hindsight. Are there a few guys that have better production? Absolutely, but there will be multiple players similar to those avaliable in every draft class. I dont think there is another player in the draft class, that has his balance and movement. I think he'll be a Whitfield, Blakely, Martin level of player.
I have him rated highly which you can check out a few pages early but not top 5 for me.
I think Reid and lalor are probably rising at the moment.
I canr see Toby drafted in front of O’Sullivan smilie, Ashcroft, trainor, Reid , Lombard or lalor for a start.
But I have been wrong many times before

A small forward needs to be able to consistently convert.
My question on Isaac is this.
Check out faull from north Ballarat/ vic country.
Would compliment caddy if we could snag him.
This has been the biggest thing when I have checked in. His ball use up the ground is good. Conversion is another thing, pretty sure he is below 50% when kicking for goal.

Most small forwards who go early need to be exceptional, Isaac is very good but imho, not in the Cody Weighman, Nick Watson, Ben Ainsworth group of early selections

As much I want a forward, I'm really liking Travaglia for us. Would free up the Martin forward move. He really seems like a high potential player that's still getting slept on a bit. Could be top 5.
I need to watch more but I did think in the SA game he kicked blindly down the line way too many times .

I hope a few are watching the way Durham and Caldwell attack the footy and rethinking the ‘must be 190cm’ rhetoric.

Durham may be slightly taller than his 186 and Caldwell is 183 but the leg drive and core strength they have is insane.

I hope a few are watching the way Durham and Caldwell attack the footy and rethinking the ‘must be 190cm’ rhetoric.

Durham may be slightly taller than his 186 and Caldwell is 183 but the leg drive and core strength they have is insane.
They will need to develop Tsatas as an inside midfielder and he is 186 so the need for big midfielders is a bit less pressing now that Durham is doing what he does.
Tsatas will never have the ability to use the football on the outside like we hoped so he will just have to get his head around playing mainly inside.
Think we need outside run and skills before we need big players inside bloke .

They will need to develop Tsatas as an inside midfielder and he is 186 so the need for big midfielders is a bit less pressing now that Durham is doing what he does.
Tsatas will never have the ability to use the football on the outside like we hoped so he will just have to get his head around playing mainly inside.
Think we need outside run and skills before we need big players inside bloke .

Tsatas will be completely fine, and a great compliment to what we already have.

I guess the emphasis is that you don’t have to be massive to have that power into and out of the contest and we shouldn’t have blinkers just for midfielders who are built like Kodiak bears.

Tsatas will be completely fine, and a great compliment to what we already have.

I guess the emphasis is that you don’t have to be massive to have that power into and out of the contest and we shouldn’t have blinkers just for midfielders who are built like Kodiak bears.
Tsatas is not going to be the player they thought they had as they can not fix the kicking issue so he is going to have a limited outside game .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back