Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - what do we do if we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tsatas isnt getting traded. Stop this nonsense. Please. You guys are acting like hes worse than Jimmy Toumpas or Richard Tambling or something (despite having played less than 10 games). Hes a good player and will be for a long time. and there is no reason a top 5 pick would be traded after less than 2 years at the club. Even for GWS thats pretty rare. Stop this now I ask kindly, and support our kid and have some faith that a 19 year old isnt the finished product yet.
I doubt they are looking to trade him out but his name came up in Gettable as a player other clubs may ask about.

He is not the finished product for sure but his kicking will forever frustrate .

I doubt they are looking to trade him out but his name came up in Gettable as a player other clubs may ask about.

He is not the finished product for sure but his kicking will forever frustrate .
His name has come up on Gettable for a reason.
My guess his manager is not happy with his limited game time and Elijah would naturally not be satisfied as well.
If you get a first round pick for him you would have to consider it.
This is a deep first round without a Harley Reid or Jed Walter type.
I think Elijah can be a solid afl footballer but not elite.
Caleb Windsor for example is streets in front of him as is Darcy Wilson for mine.

I will be at marvel on Sunday and there are plenty of questions to be answered.
How good are the Whitlocks?
How does lalor compete against a stacked vic metro midfield even though still a little under done?
Can Jonty Faull tear a game apart?
Will Finn O’Sullivan build on his late game form?
Is Joe berry better than Isaac Kako?
Is Murphy Reid the classiest of the vic metro mids?
Can Josh smilie smash opponents on the inside and genuinely spread?
Is Luke trainor clearly the best key defender in this draft pool? This has implications for north Melbourne and the shape of the top ten.
Can jagga smith hurt opponents by foot.
Can one of the athletically gifted players such as tauru or burmiester turn heads?

My guess is metro will be too strong and win by 6 goals.
I think O’Sullivan will show why he is the best player in the draft.

I will be at marvel on Sunday and there are plenty of questions to be answered.
How good are the Whitlocks?
How does lalor compete against a stacked vic metro midfield even though still a little under done?
Can Jonty Faull tear a game apart?
Will Finn O’Sullivan build on his late game form?
Is Joe berry better than Isaac Kako?
Is Murphy Reid the classiest of the vic metro mids?
Can Josh smilie smash opponents on the inside and genuinely spread?
Is Luke trainor clearly the best key defender in this draft pool? This has implications for north Melbourne and the shape of the top ten.
Can jagga smith hurt opponents by foot.
Can one of the athletically gifted players such as tauru or burmiester turn heads?

My guess is metro will be too strong and win by 6 goals.
I think O’Sullivan will show why he is the best player in the draft.
Please answer all of these questions in your post-game post.

Good game btw Vic Metro and Country. Shame the way it ended, doubtful free kick then 50 m on the siren to give Metro a 1 point win. Kako did well, among plenty of others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we will have access to Kako from pick1 onwards (going back to how it was when JUH was selected)
Now we just need to hope we don’t have to match a bid before we use our first so that we get 2 cracks at good players🤞

This is a good change. Everyone gets an academy now. It grows the game and keeps is a fairer system
Then what currently exists provided points matching is adjusted to be fair
Draft will be so compromised though. If they are going to do this, then they need reign in who qualifies to be an nga player. For example a parent working overseas for a year meaning you were born in a foreign country should not mean you qualify

Draft will be so compromised though. If they are going to do this, then they need reign in who qualifies to be an nga player. For example a parent working overseas for a year meaning you were born in a foreign country should not mean you qualify

Just kill the draft.

People that qualify should be anyone who’s been part of the system since under 10s

Tie diversity into funding rules aka if it costs 100k to develop a player maybe those from diverse backgrounds don’t count against the soft cap or something like that.

Personally I would've liked them to have lowered it from top 40 to first round, but I'm not going to complain about a rule change that benefits us.... Especially after we got completely shafted by the priority pick change.

Still all it takes is probably another Jamarra before it gets changed again.

So Ashcroft the only player likely to be bid on before him and that is Brisbane so that will push our pick one backwards. I would look to push up into the top ten if we don't fall there anyway.

So Ashcroft the only player likely to be bid on before him and that is Brisbane so that will push our pick one backwards. I would look to push up into the top ten if we don't fall there anyway.
Lombard (GC academy) likely ahead too.

Personally I would've liked them to have lowered it from top 40 to first round, but I'm not going to complain about a rule change that benefits us.... Especially after we got completely shafted by the priority pick change.

Still all it takes is probably another Jamarra before it gets changed again.

Brisbane and GC and Collingwood have gotten that level of talent via swap the past few years.

I think it’s the AFLs finally just accepting the draft is fully compromised and leveling the playing field

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - what do we do if we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back