Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's the pick of the draft. Has a great offensive and defensive blend. Nice skills. What elevated him in my eyes was his last quarter last week. Game on the line, kicks a huge goal, takes another mark inside 50, unfortunately slices the kick as he's a bit far out, but the fact he's willing himself to influence in key moments of tight games is the stuff of champions like you said. Danger would be his pace, so hopefully whoever develops him prioritizes that over building him to be large mid.
Yeah, that description of him willing his team home was what stood out to me. That's a future champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it completely outside the realms that we take Kako, Nguyen and Foley through NGA and Noah Caracella as a FS and that’s us done for the draft?
Yes it is. There is a real chance we will sneak a pick in before Kako.

Foley ineligible, Caracella not good enough

Kako + Nguyen (Cat B) possible

I didn’t know that was a thing, is that because he’s overage or because he nominated for the MSD?
Yes it is. There is a real chance we will sneak a pick in before Kako.

That would mean we would be having our FRP absorbed it Kako or trading it for an established player. Both seems unlikely

Obviously the scenario where we get a pick in above Kako is the ideal but you never know, 3 sub 180 small forwards went in the top 15 picks last year. And Kako probably has more runs than on the board than Gothard or Rogers.

I didn’t know that was a thing, is that because he’s overage or because he nominated for the MSD?

Obviously the scenario where we get a pick in above Kako is the ideal but you never know, 3 sub 180 small forwards went in the top 15 picks last year. And Kako probably has more runs than on the board than Gothard or Rogers.

I think Kako could definitely end up going above our pick. I just think that leaves 3 options.

Option 1. Use that pic on Kako. Have it absorbed for points. By far the stupidest option but worth mentioning

Option 2. Package the pick with another asset (to trade up and have 2 firsts)

Probably the best outcome given the stage of the list

Option 3. Trade first for an established player who’s worth 1 first or package with another player with positive trade value for a player upgrade.

Possible. I just don’t see any obvious upgrades available for 1 first. Especially with that many young players on the list and wanting to leave opportunities for them to grow into

Foley is also playing small defender not small forward.

I'm getting to a point where I'd be happy if we picked up both Kako and Berry.
Mate, after last night I’m death riding us to a top 10 pick!

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back