Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t know that was a thing, is that because he’s overage or because he nominated for the MSD?
Apparently NGA eligible for +1 year post initial draft eligible. Foley is turning 20 so is his second year post draft eligibility. Think we have the rights to Ryan Eyre still but not Foley

I'm already there, Matt Guelfi is our best small forward ffs. Quite a few fringe mids/defenders to target that can play a role for minimal draft capital anyways.
I'm being a little bit flippant. On one hand I can see a forwardline of Caddy, Jones, Kako, Berry. On the other hand, we've got so many other gaps to take care of. It might be a case of choosing the best available for any of the gaps we have. I think we will wait and see how they Daveys pan out at least. Gresh is a stop-gap while they develop.

I'm being a little bit flippant. On one hand I can see a forwardline of Caddy, Jones, Kako, Berry. On the other hand, we've got so many other gaps to take care of. It might be a case of choosing the best available for any of the gaps we have. I think we will wait and see how they Daveys pan out at least. Gresh is a stop-gap while they develop.

And yet despite all the other problems we have, we aren't having any troubles getting it into the forwardline heaps.

I'm curious how we'd be going if our forwardline was one of the best. Maybe it's not a bad idea to get some better players in there and fix the balance a bit so we can take advantage of the amount of time the ball is there.

And yet despite all the other problems we have, we aren't having any troubles getting it into the forwardline heaps.

I'm curious how we'd be going if our forwardline was one of the best. Maybe it's not a bad idea to get some better players in there and fix the balance a bit so we can take advantage of the amount of time the ball is there.
It's probably worth having a look at who's been coaching the forwardline as well. I think it's Tapping with Cloke as a development coach. I don't mind Cloke because I think our accuracy has been better this year (without having dug into the stats). Tapping, not sure.

Guess it depends on how you view the young guys outside the 22. I have a lot of confidence in Hayes, Roberts & Hobbs becoming decent pieces. Can't say I feel the same about any of our small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only have two picks in the draft - 11 and 31 as it stands. I’d assume we’d need to get some extra picks in to match a Kako bid in the first round.

Not sure what our strategy will be, perhaps splitting 31 and/or trading future picks.

Hopefully we can still use 31 as it’s looking like a deep draft and three quality kids is ideal.

We only have two picks in the draft - 11 and 31 as it stands. I’d assume we’d need to get some extra picks in to match a Kako bid in the first round.

Not sure what our strategy will be, perhaps splitting 31 and/or trading future picks.

Hopefully we can still use 31 as it’s looking like a deep draft and three quality kids is ideal.
Trading Weidemann to Collingwood

Shiel to collingwood for their first pick next year.

their list managers are so stupid, it could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back