AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Muffo said:
Well, he's out for a week so that might upset a lot of people. Including me.

I got 1904 from 21 players, and with 2 trades left, have to get rid of Francou, M Williams, Goddard and J Brown. Are any of the last 3 playing this week...??

Yes as I mentioned above, Jonathon Brown is playing.

i so hope that browny is gunna play...........my team is in injury meltdown. the joys of spending all your trades and not having any left. :mad:

played 3 short last week. just lucky i had the week off in the money league.

any chance of ben johnson playing this week 4 collingwood, already playing 5 short in back line, 2 after emergencies come in.

Brisbane may say that Brown will play, but I'm not convinced. To only miss 2 weeks with OP doesn't sound right. And even if he does play, how much impact will he have ?
I'm not sure he's worth risking for such a crucial DT game. I'd hate to keep him in my squad because he was named to play and was then a late withdrawl, or played and had little influence.
I guess it all comes down to this :
Do you have ample and decent emergencies to cover him if you keep him and he doesn't play ?

OK I have a few problems. I picked up Chad Cornes, reluctantly because he is one of my most hated players, when he was about $320,000 and was averaging 97. Since then he has scored 65, 71, 87, and missed last week. And he is more than likely to be out this week too, stupid idiot.

Well Yze's value has dropped so much that I now have to cash in my original emergency, Deledio to gain a better player. I can get Jason Johnson for Lids, what do you think?

Drummond said:
OK I have a few problems. I picked up Chad Cornes, reluctantly because he is one of my most hated players, when he was about $320,000 and was averaging 97. Since then he has scored 65, 71, 87, and missed last week. And he is more than likely to be out this week too, stupid idiot.

Well Yze's value has dropped so much that I now have to cash in my original emergency, Deledio to gain a better player. I can get Jason Johnson for Lids, what do you think?

geez the joys of having trades left............

jj 4 lids is an improvement but is there a better midfielder out there?

essendon have melbourne in last game of the year so u would think he will score well in that one

I've got a question for the gang....if there's any gang left here!! (And no, it's not for our Doggies League, x_box_x, so feel free to chime in if you desire ;) )....

One trade left...Lappin definately out, C.Cornes more than likely out.

Do have Sherman as an emergancy (also Fanning, Vogels, Perkins and Dale Morris...but Sherman clearly a better scorer than the rest)....anyway...

Lappin OUT -> Sinclair (been ordinary lately, and v. Swans could be bad), Welsh (been ordinary lately, but had great game last time v. Blues), Braun (Probably best option, but tight spaces down at Geelong...maybe wet too...scared!), or Jacobs (4 x 90+ in last 5...v. Richmond, inside dome).

or....

Cornes OUT -> Riewoldt (Should have a decent night v. Freo) or Lade (has been 80+ every time he is 1 of 2 ruckmen. Primus likely to be out for the year...and Brisbane no ruckmen??)

Or of course if therre are any options that people think might be better....

Thanks for the help, and thanks for the year guys, it's been great "listening" to what people are upto each week. :cool:

MrChristo said:
I've got a question for the gang....if there's any gang left here!! (And no, it's not for our Doggies League, x_box_x, so feel free to chime in if you desire ;) )....

One trade left...Lappin definately out, C.Cornes more than likely out.

Do have Sherman as an emergancy (also Fanning, Vogels, Perkins and Dale Morris...but Sherman clearly a better scorer than the rest)....anyway...

Lappin OUT -> Sinclair (been ordinary lately, and v. Swans could be bad), Welsh (been ordinary lately, but had great game last time v. Blues), Braun (Probably best option, but tight spaces down at Geelong...maybe wet too...scared!), or Jacobs (4 x 90+ in last 5...v. Richmond, inside dome).

or....

Cornes OUT -> Riewoldt (Should have a decent night v. Freo) or Lade (has been 80+ every time he is 1 of 2 ruckmen. Primus likely to be out for the year...and Brisbane no ruckmen??)

Or of course if therre are any options that people think might be better....

Thanks for the help, and thanks for the year guys, it's been great "listening" to what people are upto each week. :cool:

cornes 4 rietwold.........the go

will smash freo and then have brisbane last week , with no real match up under the dome.

by the way , jacobs out 4 the year

Ok people, if you can be bothered tell me whether this sounds good..

3 trades left:

N.Brown --> R. Murphy (Murphy is a steal at the moment and will free up a little bit more cash for another trade)

Francou --> R.Harvey (Last game against depleted Lions so should be ok)..

I have Francou as a centre, anyone else know some good centres around 240-250?

LukeHodge15 said:
cornes 4 rietwold.........the go

will smash freo and then have brisbane last week , with no real match up under the dome.

by the way , jacobs out 4 the year

Cool. Thanks mate. Just a tiny bit dubious (not at your thoughts!), 'cause Corned could be handy in the last round, where-as Lappin definately out....But, thanks for the Jacobs info!! Didn't know that! :eek:

Carltonbluez said:
Ok people, if you can be bothered tell me whether this sounds good..

3 trades left:

N.Brown --> R. Murphy (Murphy is a steal at the moment and will free up a little bit more cash for another trade)

Francou --> R.Harvey (Last game against depleted Lions so should be ok)..

I have Francou as a centre, anyone else know some good centres around 240-250?

Joel Bowden @ 261,300
Heath Black @ 269,900
GOODWIN @ 260,400!!!!
Waite @ 238,500...definate 70+

:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carltonbluez said:
Or maybe Milburn --> Murphy (if Brown plays) AND

Francou --> Goodwin (would have enough money for that.. )

I'd be keeping Milburn...>Fair chance the ball will be spending a fair amount of time in the Geelong backline!

Francou to Goodwin would be a very good move tho, I'd think.

Hey Monty
Speaking of captains
Any chance of putting that link up showing players records vs certain teams
I cant find it on the site
Cheers

You can see some of the players' records in the game preview pages, which (at the moment) you can access by clicking on the team code on the left side of the front page and then clicking on Fantasy preview under the Next Game heading. You're right though, I did say I was going to add some more pages for that, I'll get cracking now.

LukeHodge15 said:
my brother had the same situation, finished on top and went out in straight sets. its the money league, so he is spewing.

I'm in the opposite situation. I was 1-6 (16th) after 7 rounds, but ended up 9-6 (sixth) after 15. Both finals I've won by 200+, and in the last 6 weeks have come in from about 24,000th in the league to about 1000th.

This week I play the bloke who was 15-0 and won his Qualifier with a lower score than I've got in each of the last 6 weeks, and if successful, play off for the $1000 first prize in Round 22.

Still got 4 trades up my sleeve.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back