AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Dream Team: 2007

Shouldn't this be in the DT forum?

1) Don't get so many older, mediocre Dters

2) I've got a massive list. I'll see how pre-season goes. It'll be much easier than this year to pick a solid number of $66k kids that will play every game.

3) Never stop ruling.

KUNG FU said:
Shouldn't this be in the DT forum?

1) Don't get so many older, mediocre Dters

2) I've got a massive list. I'll see how pre-season goes. It'll be much easier than this year to pick a solid number of $66k kids that will play every game.

3) Never stop ruling.

Never stop ruling?
What does that mean?

Do you care to send your list of youngsters to me?

I think we should all try and find a solution to picking solid captains week in, week out.
Do we keep one player as the captain all year?
Do we select captains based on trends?
What do we do...

I take it your teams not doing to well this year then?

pie35 said:
I take it your teams not doing to well this year then?

Actually, my team is doing pretty well.
Ranked 247th.
Very strong team, but 0 trades left.

So i have come to the conclusion that i can't win overall from here.
So why not make an early start on next year?

lmao you put this on the main board but...

1) Pay more attention to my initial line-up
2) Ellis, Gibbs the list goes on....
3) To win :p

Lol.

Straight forward answers mate.

Ellis (TICK)
Gibbs (TICK)
Others with TICKS...?

My list of youngsters is really big and a lot of it is going to come down to who is picked in Rd 1 and the positions they are allocated. But Gibbs, Ellis and Dowler are probably my top contenders at the moment.

Basically, get lots of $66k kids and 3rd years, then fill in the gaps with under or average priced stars. Leave a bit of cash (say $50k) at first for flexibility. Don't buy anyone over $350k at first cos they will drop in value.

KUNG FU said:
My list of youngsters is really big and a lot of it is going to come down to who is picked in Rd 1 and the positions they are allocated. But Gibbs, Ellis and Dowler are probably my top contenders at the moment.

Basically, get lots of $66k kids and 3rd years, then fill in the gaps with under or average priced stars. Leave a bit of cash (say $50k) at first for flexibility. Don't buy anyone over $350k at first cos they will drop in value.

Everything you just said is spot on.

It is important to pick up high draft picks from last years draft that have not played a game this year, as their value will still be $66,000. Right?

Also, why do you think we should select 3rd year players?

Hmm, ticks for the young blokes. Ellis, Dowler and Gibbs of course, plus whoever goes in the top 5. Possibly Higgins - 5 games at 50 this year means he won't be dirt cheap, but he should average a lot more than 50. Hurn, averaging 33 from 4, but only if he's still classed as a back. Varcoe, maybe. Travis Tuck if he looks like getting a game. Cleve Hughes if he has a pre-season. Fergus Watts if he's not delisted.

m0nty said:
Hmm, ticks for the young blokes. Ellis, Dowler and Gibbs of course, plus whoever goes in the top 5. Possibly Higgins - 5 games at 50 this year means he won't be dirt cheap, but he should average a lot more than 50. Hurn, averaging 33 from 4, but only if he's still classed as a back. Varcoe, maybe. Travis Tuck if he looks like getting a game. Cleve Hughes if he has a pre-season. Fergus Watts if he's not delisted.

All good points. I agree on most of them. You could list a lot more also.
However, i am looking for players who will start on the value of $66,000.

What is the rule?
If you have only ever played 0, 1 or 2 games in your career, then your value starts on $66,000?

So who else can we add to the list?

Ellis and Dowler will be must-haves for next year. Gibbs, Sellar, Hansen (hoping he will be a back in dt), Thorp, Hawkins, Gumbleton, Collard, Jetta, Moss, Colbung, Riewoldt, Selwood, Leuenberger...the list for 66k players for next year goes on

theone5 said:
Straight forward answers mate.

Ellis (TICK)
Gibbs (TICK)
Others with TICKS...?
Richard Hadley will be a bargain.

He hasn't played footy in 2 years, but would still be best 22 at Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Richard Hadley will be a bargain.

He hasn't played footy in 2 years, but would still be best 22 at Brisbane.

His career is in jeopardy with 2 knee reconstructions in 2 years.

Will he play Round 1?
Will he play at all?
Will he get back to his best?

I do not know the answers.

What other bargains do you think there will be?

Luke darcy will be a bargain

Richard Hadley will too
Not sure how they'll be because of the injuries.

If koschitzke doesn't play again, he will be disgustingly low. He's averaging 7.5!!!!

SPEND TIME LOOKING AT UR BENCH!!! IT IS SO IMPORTANT

pay great detail to it otherwise it will come back to bite you

sxcdavster40 said:
Luke darcy will be a bargain

Richard Hadley will too
Not sure how they'll be because of the injuries.

If koschitzke doesn't play again, he will be disgustingly low. He's averaging 7.5!!!!

SPEND TIME LOOKING AT UR BENCH!!! IT IS SO IMPORTANT

pay great detail to it otherwise it will come back to bite you

I will have to look into the injuries of L.Darcy and R.Hadley closer towards Round 1.
However, they will both be dirt cheap, and may even be worth just to select as bench players.

I do not know about J.Koschitzke?
He is too injury prone.
What are the odds of him playing all 22 games next year?

Koschitzke is one of those Bruce Reid types, he'd keel over in a stiff zephyr. Not worth the worry in fantasy terms. Two knee recos in a row means Darcy and Hadley won't dominate, but they might prove decent cash cows, like Francou last year.

Don't forget Nigel Lappin...

When choosing 66K players look at ones playing at the teams looking to rebuild with a chance of playing them. There have been a few at the Lions getting a run and doing well picking up points in the 70+. What teams will be up around the 9-12 to lesser degree 13-16 laddder wise but also have younger players in their lists that get a run.

Effes said:
Hope everyone picks the KP players who are mostly poor scorers in their first years :)
The Sultana man? :p

2007 is gonna be way easier than 2006.

So many complete bargains out there to go along with a great draft.

Sylvia, Blackwell, Muston, Dowler, Ellis, Hadley, Darcy, Nathan Brown, Tredrea, Gibbs, Sellar, Jetta, Gumbleton, Houli are just a few of the people that i contemplate getting next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back