AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Dream Team: 2007

Cassius_Clay said:
2007 is gonna be way easier than 2006.

So many complete bargains out there to go along with a great draft.

I agree to some extent.

It will be easy to pick a team, and everyone will have similar players.
But it is the swing players who will separate the GREAT TEAMS from the GOOD TEAMS.

Everyone who reads this new thread will be prepared and should all do well.

Less than 1% of the teams who participate will read this thread, so already that gives us a massive advantage over most of the other teams.

1) Leave trades for the end.
Dont pick the 30+ year olds ;)

2) Gibbs, Ellis, Gumbleton, Hansen

3) Dont waste trades :p

theone5 said:
Everything you just said is spot on.

It is important to pick up high draft picks from last years draft that have not played a game this year, as their value will still be $66,000. Right?

Also, why do you think we should select 3rd year players?

I might be wrong, but looking at stats and the like players tend to increase with almost absolute certainty in their 3rd year. The same goes for second year, but it is far less consistent. 1st years always improve of course, but they can have problems getting games. So ideally for your core group of star players you might be looking at Deledio etc. He'll be quite expensive, but is likely to really hit his straps next year.

m0nty said:
Hmm, ticks for the young blokes. Ellis, Dowler and Gibbs of course, plus whoever goes in the top 5. Possibly Higgins - 5 games at 50 this year means he won't be dirt cheap, but he should average a lot more than 50. Hurn, averaging 33 from 4, but only if he's still classed as a back. Varcoe, maybe. Travis Tuck if he looks like getting a game. Cleve Hughes if he has a pre-season. Fergus Watts if he's not delisted.
lmao at the thought of Fergus getting delisted.

He broke his leg.

lmao!!! delist?

Rough_Edges said:
lmao at the thought of Fergus getting delisted.

He broke his leg.

lmao!!! delist?
Well, he has been in the system for three years and has played five games. Although I see his old man's the Saints' CEO, so I guess he's got nine lives...

theone5 said:
All good points. I agree on most of them. You could list a lot more also.
However, i am looking for players who will start on the value of $66,000.

What is the rule?
If you have only ever played 0, 1 or 2 games in your career, then your value starts on $66,000?

So who else can we add to the list?

It may depend on how long they've been there too.
Prismall started this year (his second at Geelong) on $83,100 without having played a game.

You have to keep your trades for later. Just look at this round, injuries to a number of key players but i doubt many people would have enough trades to trade them out and then have many if any for finals.

Squad depth is very important. Late in the year when the injuries come, you need backups on your bench.

Dont buy 400K players at the start because all of them will go down a heap. By saying that there are a few players which you just have to have like brad johnson and chad cornes and cox and Im sure a few more could be added to that list.

Lots of players who have been injured for over a year wil be 150 or less eg. Darcy, Hadley, Lappin, Kozi and more. Or just young players who haven't played much or at all like ellis, watts and co.

Dont get too many players from the same team.

Keep looking for bargains.

You can get murph but dont think about getting thomas.

Why not Thomas? He'll be dirt cheap and we all know he can play 100 pt games.

The big question is, when do you choose Kepler Bradley, Lance Franklin, Richard Tambling, Brad Fisher and other guys like that.

These guys will have that one big year, cept you need to have the balls to pick it early. Like i did with Chris Newman this year.:mad:

seems a lot of intelligent dream team teamers wanna give a leg up to everybody next year :eek:

soz, but my competetive nature prevents it :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many people will be sucked into getting Marc Murphy next year. His price will be too high, as will his selections.

m0nty said:
Well, he has been in the system for three years and has played five games. Although I see his old man's the Saints' CEO, so I guess he's got nine lives...
His "old man" is stepping down next year.

He would've played 15 games this year if he didn't break his leg.

He will be a player.

As i follow Carlton, i can recommend these players:

- Bentick:
A cooney type. He can score 120 but can also score 40. Would have a more consistent year next yr and if under 250k should be looked at

- Simpson Plays on the wing for us. Takes marks and when he has a high disposal game he can get a really high score. Might have a really good season next year. Might be a bit expensive but he is worth it.

- Carrazzo He is showing what he is capable of atm. Takes marks, gets alot of the ball and is capable of scoring over 80 everyweek.

- Waite Has had an interupted season to date and i would expect him to have a big pre-season under his belt next year. Should be a handy pick-up as it might be his breakthrough year.

- Fisher: Look at Waite

Waite_30 said:
As i follow Carlton, i can recommend these players:

- Bentick:
A cooney type. He can score 120 but can also score 40. Would have a more consistent year next yr and if under 250k should be looked at
My brother had him from Round 1, dumped him about 7 weeks later for that very reason.

Anybody want to have the balls to pick 2 or 3 players that they believe will have a break through year next year?

Some suggestions maybe the Brett Deledio type.

Dream Team 2006 said:
Anybody want to have the balls to pick 2 or 3 players that they believe will have a break through year next year?

Some suggestions maybe the Brett Deledio type.
I'm going to take that risk with my midfield next year. Deledio, Bentick, Griffen and Sylvia.:p

Waite_30 said:
Can people post 5 people who they think would do well next year from their clubs?

Chris Judd - See this yr

Cox - See Judd

Mitch Morton - Will get more of an opportunity next yr, and will be pretty much bottom price. Should be looked at.

Fletcher - Has had a poor year. Can average 85 + and will be dirt cheap

Kerr - If he gets on the park with more GT and more time in the guts, could average better than what he has in the past, maybe 85 +

Waite_30 said:
Can people post 5 people who they think would do well next year from their clubs?

Varcoe - Once he has fully recovered and is at his best.

Kelly - Inconsistant but can score big. Should step up to a bigger role in the club next year.

Stokes - If he gets near a full game he will score roughly 70's+ each game. Has shown great potential to do it this year.

Hawkins - The club needs someone like him in the team, so i am assuming he will be thrown straight into a big role in the foward line.

Wojcinski - Receives a lot of kick-ins, other players will look for him a lot in tight games to try and break lines. Should be fully fit next season and back to some of his best.

Naming only the ones that will go under the radar. Could take the easy way out and say Ling, Bartel, Corey, Enright etc.

Hmmm no-one really. Everyone is playing their best footy (In terms of DT) at the moment.

Pendlebury is probably the only one I'll be considering. He'll imporve out of this world once he puts some weight on. Much better player than Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back