AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Dream Team: 2007

Waite_30 said:
Can people post 5 people who they think would do well next year from their clubs?
I gotta warn you that roo players aren't the best DT options and some of these are huge risks:

Jesse Smith - Should've been playing this year if not for injury, he's in the best 22 and wil average low 80s. Will be a bargain next year.

Andrew Swallow - Should get more gametime next year and will break into our best side. Tackling machine, but dosen't take many marks.

David Hale - Will be ready to step up to be a top 5 ruckman. Marks alot and tends to kicm more than handball, improving his hitout rate and is a goalkicker.

Corey Jones - He has the potential to become a top 20 player in the AFL, should become a consistent star player next year if Laildey uses him properly. If he plays forwards, takes many marks and kicks goals. If Laidley plays him back, keep away although he can tend to get many cheap touches.

Ben Schwarze - Has suprising broken into our best 22, gets alot of gametime and will only improve. Solid but a big risk as he is injury prone.

Waite_30 said:
Can people post 5 people who they think would do well next year from their clubs?

Daniel Cross - Should get more time in the middle next year. Has a huge engine, will almost always pick up 25+ touches and normally lays 4-5 tackles a game.

Farren Ray - Like Cross, will get more game time next year. The ideal DT player for his price. Plenty of kicks, takes a few marks and has plenty of shots at goal.

Ryan Griffen - Will be released into the midfield. Get on it!

Brad Johnson - For obvious reasons.

Jordan McMahon - Not too sure about this one. Will be capable of 100+ scores, but could also have a dead set stinker. If the price is right I'll buy him.

Dream Team 2006 said:
Anybody want to have the balls to pick 2 or 3 players that they believe will have a break through year next year?

Some suggestions maybe the Brett Deledio type.

Too early for me to make a prediction for 2007, but I will point out that I've had both Rischitelli and Salopek in my DT and SC teams from the word go this year. So, the moral of the story from my perspective is that it is VERY worthwhile taking a punt on whoever you think might break-out during the season. Best advice is to watch the pre-season (and I don't just mean the televised games) VERY closely. :thumbsu:

Ray is another player that might have a breakthrough year next year.. He has showed indications of it this year.

Waite_30 said:
Ray is another player that might have a breakthrough year next year.. He has showed indications of it this year.
I want you to keep quiet on those Carlton players who you think will improve next year ;) :p

For Essendon-

Angus Monfries is a dead set gun and will play more midfield next year. Kicks some goals aswell.

Courtney Johns has shown signs this year but will really hit straps next season after knowing he is good enough and a full pre season.

Jay Nash, just clicked the last few weeks getting 20 disposal games and improving alot.

Jason Laycock, might finally get a pre season behind him and show why he is a gun. Best mark i have seen at Essendon in years and gets a bit of the ball for a big fella. Kicks goals, the DT big scorer type player.

Ricky Dyson and Jason winderlich are others who have shown signs of exploding onto the scene especially Winders before he went down, risky though. I will pick our top 1-2 pick aswell.

Bate and Sylvia from Melbourne will hopefully have a goddard like break out season next season.

I'm not sure how many Crows rookies are gonna get games next year, but some possible cheapies include:

Douglas (defence/midfield) - Just returning from injury, but seems to have dominated SANFL. Already speculation he might make it into the team this year, but I can only see that happening if the our over-crowded midfield stocks all collapse. He'll have to fight with Van Berlo, Knights & Vince for spots. But if he gets a game and I think he'll get a few, he'll be a gun.

Clarke will retire at the end of this year and no one is too sure whether Hudson can return to his best form. Biglands is also getting older, so it might be worth speculating on one of the Crows young ruckmen:

Maric - Good tap work, and can win the ball in the air or the ground. Although he's been pushed around at AFL level, he seems to be getting better with every game.

Meesen - Looks a step behind Maric in terms of development this year, but next year could well be his break out year. Can play possession footy as well.

Established players:

Mattner (centre) - A lot of class, but extremely inconsistent. Finally getting himself together and will undoubtedly score himself a permanent spot in our team. Has excellent run and hits a lot of tackles which can be the difference between average and excellent DTers

Bock (defence) - Just come back from injury as well and looks like 2007 will be the year of the Bock. Hard marking CHB. Dashed forward last week against the Roos and played a stellar game after being out of football for so long

Drummond said:
He'll be my captain in 2008. :)

You didn't have to tell us that :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Lets just hope he stays at Adelaide & can get some solid games behind him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite_30 said:

These are my recommendations of those players from the Blues...

Simpson - Absolute gem of a player, and very skilled for someone who has only really had 2 years at senior level. He can find a stack of the ball and marks a fair bit of the ball when delivered to him. This guy has improved beyond belief this year and his performances towards the latter rounds of this year have indicated he is starting to find consistency. He may be around the expensive mark of $200,000 to $300,000, but he will be worth it.

Bentick - Another great improver this season who is a tackling machine. Only problem is finding consistency in his performances, if he can accomplish that he will be one of the finds of 2007.

Blackwell - First year at senior level and has really shown promise. Signs indicate he is in for big things, if not next season then the following season after. He might turn out to be the Salopek of next season as he will most likely be around the same starting price that Salopek was this season and could be worth a gamble for a midfield interchange spot.

Carrazzo - Has the ability to find a lot of the ball, especially when played in the midfield. The question mark is over whether Pagan will play him there throughout the majority of next season or if he will revert back to playing him off the half back line where he doesn't gather as many posessions. Carrazzo can find the ball with ease and if played in the midfield, he promises to deliver DT scores in excess of 80.

Waite - Having been ravaged by injuries this season it is no real surprise that Waite hasn't delivered any crash hot DT scores. Barring injury next season, if he can recapture the form he had last season he would well be one of the bargain forwards next season at a reasonable price.

DARK HORSE

Wiggins - This is the dark horse of the bunch and if he can keep the form he is currently in, he could be in for big things next season depending upon consistency which he seems to be having trouble with. I wouldn't really consider giving him a spot in my own personal dream team for next season at this stage, but none the less he is one to keep an eye out for and give some consideration to when choosing interchange spots.

Andrew Mackie, Kane Tenace. If these two get regular games and good game time I think they are all capable of being big imrpovers next year.

Ben McKinley could be a very outside chance from the Eagles if Sampi fails to nail down the small forward spot. Mitch Morton would also be expected to step up next year but i'm not overly confident of that happening.

Armstrong/Priddis could be worth a look if they cement a spot later this year.

WaLkEr_ThE_StAr said:
These are my recommendations of those players from the Blues...

Simpson - Absolute gem of a player, and very skilled for someone who has only really had 2 years at senior level. He can find a stack of the ball and marks a fair bit of the ball when delivered to him. This guy has improved beyond belief this year and his performances towards the latter rounds of this year have indicated he is starting to find consistency. He may be around the expensive mark of $200,000 to $300,000, but he will be worth it.

Bentick - Another great improver this season who is a tackling machine. Only problem is finding consistency in his performances, if he can accomplish that he will be one of the finds of 2007.

Blackwell - First year at senior level and has really shown promise. Signs indicate he is in for big things, if not next season then the following season after. He might turn out to be the Salopek of next season as he will most likely be around the same starting price that Salopek was this season and could be worth a gamble for a midfield interchange spot.

Carrazzo - Has the ability to find a lot of the ball, especially when played in the midfield. The question mark is over whether Pagan will play him there throughout the majority of next season or if he will revert back to playing him off the half back line where he doesn't gather as many posessions. Carrazzo can find the ball with ease and if played in the midfield, he promises to deliver DT scores in excess of 80.

Waite - Having been ravaged by injuries this season it is no real surprise that Waite hasn't delivered any crash hot DT scores. Barring injury next season, if he can recapture the form he had last season he would well be one of the bargain forwards next season at a reasonable price.

DARK HORSE

Wiggins - This is the dark horse of the bunch and if he can keep the form he is currently in, he could be in for big things next season depending upon consistency which he seems to be having trouble with. I wouldn't really consider giving him a spot in my own personal dream team for next season at this stage, but none the less he is one to keep an eye out for and give some consideration to when choosing interchange spots.

Have you forgotten Marc Murphy??

Bryce Gibbs is another;)

If Buddy Franklin can lift his consistency he will be an absolute gun and cheap as well.

Similar situation with Tex Walker.

Hard Ball Get said:
So you are backing your team in to finish last?
Gibbs wont go 1 (Well probably wont IMO)

Carlton WILL finish last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back