AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone considering getting Scott West next week? He will be down to about 360k. What do people think he will average for the year? Will he average close enough to Cornes, Bartell, Cross, Bruce to make it more worthwhile taking him for a cheaper price then forking out for one of them?

Anyone considering getting Scott West next week? He will be down to about 360k. What do people think he will average for the year? Will he average close enough to Cornes, Bartell, Cross, Bruce to make it more worthwhile taking him for a cheaper price then forking out for one of them?

I'm going to pick up a premium mid next week but im not considering West next week only because he is one of the most popular players and probaly wont average as much as a cross bruce etc even if its only 4-5 points

Players like Scotland, Cross and Swan will be around 370k next week, picking players like that up sets your team away from the pack and gives you and average of 100 every week

I'm going to pick up a premium mid next week but im not considering West next week only because he is one of the most popular players and probaly wont average as much as a cross bruce etc even if its only 4-5 points

Players like Scotland, Cross and Swan will be around 370k next week, picking players like that up sets your team away from the pack and gives you and average of 100 every week

How ironic ;)

Thoughts on dropping Selwood to Morton?

One of my main cash cows, and his dollars could prove vital to upgrading others in my team.

That would make Hadley and Morton my centre reserves.

Seems like a pretty good idea. Will free up a decent wad of cash and will give you an okay bench player. Might struggle to hold his spot when Kerr/Embley come back though.

Speaking of Kerr, did anyone trade him? I held on to him but am now thinking of trading him. I really want to get Jmac in my side, as he will complete my midfield. Looking at trading out either Knights, Hodge or Kerr. Im leaning towards Hodge or Kerr at this stage - Knights has been pretty good for me the whole year. Hodge has been really inconsistent while Kerr has been in shocking form leading up to his suspension.

Which would you offload? Ive got about 110K in the bank so money isnt really a problem.

Speaking of Kerr, did anyone trade him? I held on to him but am now thinking of trading him. I really want to get Jmac in my side, as he will complete my midfield. Looking at trading out either Knights, Hodge or Kerr. Im leaning towards Hodge or Kerr at this stage - Knights has been pretty good for me the whole year. Hodge has been really inconsistent while Kerr has been in shocking form leading up to his suspension.

Which would you offload? Ive got about 110K in the bank so money isnt really a problem.

I kept Kerr, not worth trading him at his current price - and with reserves of Selwood and King he is easily covered.
I've got Hodge as well, but there are bigger weakspots in my time that I need to solve. Choice is up to you - I picked up JMac for Foley last week, DT gun.

Right now I am looking at getting rid of Bock, but not till after the Demons game. Quality forwards are hard to come by this year, Bock to Lucas next week perhaps.

Seems like a pretty good idea. Will free up a decent wad of cash and will give you an okay bench player. Might struggle to hold his spot when Kerr/Embley come back though.

I wont be keeping Kerr all season. At the moment my mids are Kerr, Goodwin, Hodge, Foley, Priddis, Lappin with Houli and Thomas on the bench.

By seasons end I want Goodwin, Hodge, Foley, Lappin, McLean, Bartel/Judd/Kornes/Cross.

Will wait for the right time (and price) to trade Kerr. Dont think hell average that well all season.

Gee.
You really want to trade L.Hodge don't you?
Just do it then.
I have tried to stop you but you do not listen. :rolleyes:

Im just trying to get a different view on it. Anyway, it wasnt about wanting to get rid of Hodgey, it was about bringing in Jmac, someone who is pretty damn cheap at the moment and will score a lot better than some of my mids.

Im just trying to get a different view on it. Anyway, it wasnt about wanting to get rid of Hodgey, it was about bringing in Jmac, someone who is pretty damn cheap at the moment and will score a lot better than some of my mids.

Junior is an amazing buy right now.
However, there will always be bargain centres on the market on any given week, so you should not make any drastic moves just because the temptation is there.
S.Goodwin and L.Power were cheap early on and A.Goodes and S.Burgoyne are extremely cheap at the moment.
I am sure there are others, they were just the first to come to my head.

Forgetting their averages to date, there is not much difference between L.Hodge and J.McDonald.

I come close to falling into that trap a lot though.
For instance:
Trading P.Hasleby to D.Cross...

Junior is an amazing buy right now.
However, there will always be bargain centres on the market on any given week, so you should not make any drastic moves just because the temptation is there.
S.Goodwin and L.Power were cheap early on and A.Goodes and S.Burgoyne are extremely cheap at the moment.
I am sure there are others, they were just the first to come to my head.

Forgetting their averages to date, there is not much difference between L.Hodge and J.McDonald.

I come close to falling into that trap a lot though.
For instance:
Trading P.Hasleby to D.Cross...

thats not a bad trade.

thats not a bad trade.

Mate.
It is obviously an upgrade.
However, is it worth using one trade?
Maybe, maybe not. :confused:

Consider this:
If, and it is a big IF, but if P.Hasleby did not have that game where he got shut-down and only scored 29, then he would be averaging 100 points for the season.

It still dazzles me that most people do not rate him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is to everyone who has chapman in their teams, coz u know how it feels.. he is expected to be named tonight,, but if he isnt... i think i will feel sooo low.. that i probably will trade him..

Mate.

Consider this:
If, and it is a big IF, but if P.Hasleby did not have that game where he got shut-down and only scored 29, then he would be averaging 100 points for the season.

i remember having him 3 or 4 years ago when he was at his DTimg best. He still was inconsistent. he may be able to take the step up this year but would you be confident in having him as captain? i wouldnt, but i would be confident in cross.

Mate.

Consider this:

haselby is good.. for someone that should be worth under 320k in dreamteam, nothing more, he dosnt score that well as someone like cross or bruce.. therefor its a good trade..upgrading should atleast be over 100k

i remember having him 3 or 4 years ago when he was at his DTimg best. He still was inconsistent. he may be able to take the step up this year but would you be confident in having him as captain? i wouldnt, but i would be confident in cross.

Is P.Hasleby inconsistent? Yes.
Would i make P.Hasleby captain? No.

It is not about that though.
It is about how much they score, on an average.
If P.Hasleby scores 75 one week and 125 the next week and D.Cross scores 100 one week and 100 the next week, then there is no difference.
Simple.

Mate.

Consider this:

I rate him. Am considering picking him up this week to finalise my midfield as follows:

Judd, Bartel, K Cornes, Hodge, Lappin, Hasleby

I know he's not a premium but is a handy addition to my midfield. Or do people think I should wait a week or two and pick up a Cross etc.

Cheers
POTP

I rate him. Am considering picking him up this week to finalise my midfield as follows:

Judd, Bartel, K Cornes, Hodge, Lappin, Hasleby

I know he's not a premium but is a handy addition to my midfield. Or do people think I should wait a week or two and pick up a Cross etc.

Cheers
POTP

That would leave you with a very nice midfield.
If you are going to get P.Hasleby, get him this week because he is going to rise a fair bit in value next week, considering the fact that his 29 score is out of his rolling average.

That would leave you with a very nice midfield.
If you are going to get P.Hasleby, get him this week because he is going to rise a fair bit in value next week, considering the fact that his 29 score is out of his rolling average.

Yeah I figured this was the week. He is definately under-valued at the moment IMO, so I am seriously considering it. Means I have to start a Thomas, Gibbs or Houli this week if I dont upgrade, but it is also tempting to wait for a premium to drop to an attainable price. But then again, that means I'll have to play a rookie for a couple of weeks.... decisions, decisions....

Cheers
POTP

Is P.Hasleby inconsistent? Yes.
Would i make P.Hasleby captain? No.

It is not about that though.
It is about how much they score, on an average.
If P.Hasleby scores 75 one week and 125 the next week and D.Cross scores 100 one week and 100 the next week, then there is no difference.
Simple.

yeah true. cross will pro never fall under 350k, so it is easier to get hasleby into ur team.

hmmm would kerr for hasleby be a good trade then? lol ;)

this is to everyone who has chapman in their teams, coz u know how it feels.. he is expected to be named tonight,, but if he isnt... i think i will feel sooo low.. that i probably will trade him..

I would be very disappointed also though Unless you are playing one man down because of chapman, there is no point in trading him. He is probably the best forward other than BJ. You should wait for someone of that status even if it mean another week or two.

time for everyone to rate my team.. ive never posted my team on bigfooty.. but its time that i do.. first of all, i havnt made any changes for rd 10.. right now, with my team looking like this..

Backs: C.Cornes, Gilbee, Mcphee, Kozzy, Adcock, Waters, Whitnall.. EMG: Smith, Riggio

Centres: Bruce, Giansericusa, Rosa, Hodge, Goodwin, Lappin... EMG: Houli, Gibbs

Rucks: Everitt, Hudson... EMG: Griffen, Spaanderman

Forwards: Pavlich, Riewoldt, Chapman, Richardson, J.Brown, Cloke, Franklin.. EMG: M.Campbell, Hawkins..

Anything major i should do this week? i only have 8 trades left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back