AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im definetly putting Reiwoldt captain, will dominate at a dry telstra dome:)

If you watched Riewoldt last week he dropped about 5-7 easy marks (It was on the show "On the couch" this monday) i think Roo is playing with a broken finger atm and if he st kilda dont constantly kick it to him like last week he could be in trouble

He's an absolute steal for Supercoach...his 90-100's in DT are 140+ in SC when in form. Regular slow starter and looks like he's just getting wound up for the business end.

As i said in the other thread...i picked him up for SC but i'm sticking with stat junkies this yr for DT. He's very cheap tho yes...especially when u consider u will be guaranteed every game from him at the crucial time when he plays his best footy.

Thanks for the input champ, greatly appreciated :thumbsu:

And its good to hear it from a Swans supporter :D

If you watched Riewoldt last week he dropped about 5-7 easy marks (It was on the show "On the couch" this monday) i think Roo is playing with a broken finger atm and if he st kilda dont constantly kick it to him like last week he could be in trouble

He was all over the place looking for it...perfect target but they absolutely butchered him.

They refused to put it on his chest and if you saw the game he had to stretch just to touch most of them.

His score could have been enormous if they gave him good ball...could have easily had an extra 8 or 9 marks and half a dozen more shots at goal if they didnt butcher him.

Good pick normally for a Geelong game... but they would have seen the work he did last week and with so many outs they can easily afford to just blanket him...clubs eventually learn which guys hurt them the most.

looking for some advice..

im thinking of upgrading aaron edwards to either Ryan o keefe or Barry Hall..

who do you guys reckon i should go for?

thanks in advance:thumbsu:

Well ROK is about consistent as it gets for the foward like and should average around 90 while Barry Hall has a very slow start to 07 but last week played a very good game (got 110) and only kicked 1 goal. He has a great record against Essendon so looks set for a big one

Personally i have both of them but i would go for ROK ...just .
Wait a week to put him up though his b/e is 133 and should be around 291k next week

Well ROK is about consistent as it gets for the foward like and should average around 90 while Barry Hall has a very slow start to 07 but last week played a very good game (got 110) and only kicked 1 goal. He has a great record against Essendon so looks set for a big one

Personally i have both of them but i would go for ROK ...just .
Wait a week to put him up though his b/e is 133 and should be around 291k next week

cheers cobber, much appreciated.

will most likely go for both when i can anyway.

Hudson in doubt?

I think it is just a precaution from Craigy. Huddo had to play a lone hand last week and with ruck stocks at West Lakes as deep a puddle at the moment, it is likely a combination of rest and precaution (against training injury). Adelaide has a good record of getting blokes over niggles and I doubt it is anything more than that, if anything.

Hudson will play.

I'd dispute the broken finger remark, I'm not sure where you pulled that from. Don't forget, Rob Harvey is out this week. What's the difference, you ask? Harvey and Roo have some telepathic connection, some deep love for each other and Harvs goes to Roo with about 90% of his kicks if you watch them closely. Harvs out means less ball from one player to Roo...

Though I'd back him anyway against the Cats!

Judd Bruce K.Cornes BJ Roo all looking good for captain this week

I'd dispute the broken finger remark, I'm not sure where you pulled that from. Don't forget, Rob Harvey is out this week. What's the difference, you ask? Harvey and Roo have some telepathic connection, some deep love for each other and Harvs goes to Roo with about 90% of his kicks if you watch them closely. Harvs out means less ball from one player to Roo...

It's true
Harvey to Riewoldt always happens...and you can bank on Harvey to be dead accurate as well

The broken finger wasnt exactly my opinion but Gerald Healy and Mike Sheahan both think he has one broken.

I dont necessarly believe it but elite players are always playing with injuries, lets hope that it doesnt affect him :thumbsu:

Hey just looking for some advice on my line up. Will probably leave my team this week and make a few upgrades in a week or two. What are your thoughts on my current lineup? I have 11 trades left and will be starting houli on this week for kerr

Backs
Kosi
Joel Bowden
Andrew Carrazzo
Jed Adcock
Lance Whitnall
Grant Birchall
Jess Sinclair

EMG: Jesse Smith, Ellis

Centres
Judd
Kerr
Goodwin
Hodge
Nigel Lappin
Simon Black
EMG: Houli, Gibbs

Rucks
Sandilands
Hudson
EMG: Griffin, Darcy

Forwards

Nick Reiwvolt
Brad Johnson
Mathew Pavlich
Barry Hall
Lance Franklin
Jonathon Brown
Angus Monfries
EMG: Edwards, Jetta

captains for this week?

bruce vs crows (last 2 games against them 130+ and 117)
cross, west, brad johnson vs carlton (just because they play carlton)
ROK vs bombers (averages around 98 i think vs bombers)

any other options out there?

leaning towards bruce at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

captains this week
ROK? vs bombers
Cross? vs Blues

Cross easily. Will bounce back after fairly good game last week against swans, still getting a great score considering. Against blues midfield shouldn't be too much trouble with Murphy getting tagged and only Heath Scotland to be the one getting more of the ball.

ROK just not THAT consistant. Fletcher or Ryder could float across half back and take him.

CROSS IMO.

IIRC Kane Cornes went to Joel Corey ahead of Jimmy last week for some reason.

i was at the game, and at the opening bounce, kane cornes went straight to bartel. i think bomber must have seen this coming, and actualy sent bartel to true CHF.
good move IMO. by half time, corey and bartel were both dominating, cant really remember who cornes stuck on.

i was at the game, and at the opening bounce, kane cornes went straight to bartel. i think bomber must have seen this coming, and actualy sent bartel to true CHF.
good move IMO. by half time, corey and bartel were both dominating, cant really remember who cornes stuck on.

yeh I think Kornes went to Bartel, but Bartel went to Chadwick. This meant Geelong often had a free player because Bartel would follow Chad and Kornes would follow Bartel. At quarter time Corey was probably BOG, so Choco must have said he'll back Chad in to be as damaging as Bartel and got Kornes to curb Corey's influence (bad move, given Chad's unaccountability and Bartel's ability to hurt the opposition). If Bomber keeps playing Bartel as a sort of run-with player, he may never cop a proper tag.

guys,

I’m looking at adding more firepower to my midfield which is already boasting the likes of Bartel, Stanton, Lappin, Lewis and Knights and am keen to add either James Mcdonald or Cameron Bruce.

So far they are both averaging 100 and 102 respectively so the question is who out of those two is likely to sustain their average ?

how about you upgrade the rest of your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back