AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking for a center worth around $240 -260K. Any suggestions? At the moment Im leaning towards Ryan Crowley, Nick Malceski or Scott Pendlebury.

My ruck division was a revolving door last year with injuries. I had to trade far too much to get fit ruckman on the paddock. The big guys just drop like flies. :( ......... BUT, now I have backup. ;)

worst idea yet

Im looking for a center worth around $240 -260K. Any suggestions? At the moment Im leaning towards Ryan Crowley, Nick Malceski or Scott Pendlebury.

pendlebury,nathan jones or even cheaper look at shaun higgins or chris knights

Re: What is everyones Dream Team 07 starting 22 ???

Any thoughts......

Backs
C. Jones
A. Walker
B. Waters
T. Croad
C. Johnson
T. Richards
J. Adcock

J. Koschitze
J. Frawley

Centres
L. Hodge
S. Tuck
D. Kerr
D. Pearce
D. Rodan
M. Rischitelli

B. Gibbs
J. Selwood

Rucks
B. Lade
A. Sandilands

H. McIntosh
B. Hudson

Forwards
C. Tarrant
R. O'Keefe
L. Franklin
J. Patfull
B. Johnson
A. Lovett
N. Brown

N. Ablett
M. Campbell

Alright cheers the tip. Any chance you could check out my DT? Its the last post on the previous page.

Any thoughts......been a few changes, have stuff all money left but i'm not too fussed about that.....

Backs
C. Jones
A. Walker
B. Waters
T. Croad
C. Johnson
T. Richards
J. Adcock

J. Koschitze
J. Frawley

Centres
L. Hodge
S. Tuck
D. Kerr
D. Pearce
D. Rodan
M. Rischitelli

B. Gibbs
J. Selwood

Rucks
B. Lade
A. Sandilands

H. McIntosh
B. Hudson

Forwards
C. Tarrant
R. O'Keefe
L. Franklin
J. Patfull
B. Johnson
A. Lovett
N. Brown

N. Ablett
M. Campbell

Hows that the best funky.... urs is just the least likely to play one less.

Id say its also the least efficient.

Last year I was constantly exposed from injuries to my rucks. At various stages of the season I copped injuries to Cox, Everitt, Simmonds, Charman, and a couple of other fringe players. I used something like 7 trades for covering ruck injuries alone. Most of the year I either had to play Ryder as a ruck or just have a blank spot on the field (and an instant 0). Without proper backup you'll be forced to trade certain players. Even if they're out for just a couple of weeks. This year I won't be wasting trades on minor injuries to important players. Hence I want to have a strong bench capable of replacing quality with quality. It's called depth. :cool:

Last year I was constantly exposed from injuries to my rucks. At various stages of the season I copped injuries to Cox, Everitt, Simmonds, Charman, and a couple of other fringe players. I used something like 7 trades for covering ruck injuries alone. Most of the year I either had to play Ryder as a ruck or just have a blank spot on the field (and an instant 0). Without proper backup you'll be forced to trade certain players. Even if they're out for just a couple of weeks. This year I won't be wasting trades on minor injuries to important players. Hence I want to have a strong bench capable of replacing quality with quality. It's called depth. :cool:

but this year you only need 2 ruckmen nnot four so less chance of having someone go down. spending 300k on a bench player is not a good idea your team will be to weak in other positions that actually score points, unlike the bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made a few changes.

Backs
L Gilbee
A Walker
G Birchall
M Johnson
T Croad
J Adcock
J Koschitzke
-----------
X Ellis
M Riggio

Centers
C Judd
L Hodge
M Murphy
M Rischitelli
R Griffen
S Pendlebury
------------
B Gibbs
D Armitage

Rucks
A Sandilands
D Hille
-----------
B Hudson
J Griffen

Forwards
B Hall
M Pavlich
C Cornes
B Fevola
A Monfries
N G Brown
L Franklin
-----------
Al Davey
L Jetta

Im mainly after opinions on the following players:

M Johnson (Freo)
M Rischitelli
D Hille

Are they good Dt'ers? Or should I be looking to trade them out for different players? Would J Charman be a better option than Hille?

johnson is a great pickup, will go so well. hille not bad, rischitelli played bad in nba gf.. i would stay clear of him

but this year you only need 2 ruckmen nnot four so less chance of having someone go down. spending 300k on a bench player is not a good idea your team will be to weak in other positions that actually score points, unlike the bench

I see your point, honestly. But in my mind, strategy is the key to playing dreamteam. Any keen footy watcher can spot a bargain and field a gun side, but it's how you make decisions throughout the season that determines your success.

Last year, I was all about having a gun starting 22. I carefully picked the best players in every position and then stocked my reverses side with draft kids. I lead for the first half of the season (losing only 1 game), and things looked great. Then injuries took their toll, and I was quickly running out of trades to replace them. By finals time I had no trades, 5 DNPs, and a straight sets exit out of the dream team.

This year I'm in for the long haul. I'm thinking long term by having contingencies in place. It's a drastic change in strategy but it's one I've been determined to do all offseason.

This is my team:

Backs:

Goddard
Gilbee
Walker
Raines
Hunter
Miller:196,400
Smith :91,600
Ellis
Hartlett:82,300

Midfield:

Judd
Stevens
Deledio
Murphy
Gibbs
Cooney
Selwood:96,300
Muston

Ruck:
Fraser
Sandilands
Leunenberger: 106,800
Sellar:82,300

Forwards:
Pavlich
Okeefe
Fevola
Franklin
Betts
Shulz
Brown
Kennedy
Kochitske

Just a hand with the underlined ones and who would be a suitable replacement keeping in mind i only have another 40,500. Also feel free to make opinions on other players.

Re: What is everyones Dream Team 07 starting 22 ???

picture1jn0.png

Haha, clearly an Essendon supporter who's seen how exciting our new kids are. Love it.

can anyone give me sum ideas on where my team could improve:)

backs:
S.Fisher
A.Walker
B.Waters
A.Raines
M.Mattner
J.Adcock
J.Koschitzke
(Thursfield, Ellis)
Centres:
N.Dal Santo
B.Stanton
B.Delidio
M.Murphy
R.Griffen
N.Malceski
(Gibbs,Muston)
Rucks:
A.Sandilands
L.Darcy
(Hudson,Leuenberger)
Forwards:
N.Reiwlodt
M.Pavlich
C.Cornes
L.Franklin
N.Brown
A.Embley
M.Le Cras
(Ried,Edwards)

ave $114k left

I see your point, honestly. But in my mind, strategy is the key to playing dreamteam. Any keen footy watcher can spot a bargain and field a gun side, but it's how you make decisions throughout the season that determines your success.

Last year, I was all about having a gun starting 22. I carefully picked the best players in every position and then stocked my reverses side with draft kids. I lead for the first half of the season (losing only 1 game), and things looked great. Then injuries took their toll, and I was quickly running out of trades to replace them. By finals time I had no trades, 5 DNPs, and a straight sets exit out of the dream team.

This year I'm in for the long haul. I'm thinking long term by having contingencies in place. It's a drastic change in strategy but it's one I've been determined to do all offseason.

Did exactly the same last year!

i was out of trades by round 15 :thumbsdown:

this year, im more experienced and going for a much better year

This is my team:

Backs:

Goddard
Gilbee
Walker
Raines
Hunter
Miller:196,400
Smith :91,600
Ellis
Hartlett:82,300

Midfield:

Judd
Stevens
Deledio
Murphy
Gibbs
Cooney
Selwood:96,300
Muston

Ruck:
Fraser
Sandilands
Leunenberger: 106,800
Sellar:82,300

Forwards:
Pavlich
Okeefe
Fevola
Franklin
Betts
Shulz
Brown
Kennedy
Kochitske

Just a hand with the underlined ones and who would be a suitable replacement keeping in mind i only have another 40,500. Also feel free to make opinions on other players.

Your team has potential but at the same time has way too many Carlton players. Eddie Betts is the worst selection I have ever seen.

ey whos the beter pick risichelli, foley, p.burg, pennas or rosa im think rosa will be a monster now that the cuz is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back