AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With King out Ottens comes back into consideration. HE is very fit and should do well first up against the doggies.

I have to select two of Lovett, ottens and monfries. so tough.
At the end of the day, i would be hoping to upgrade these guys to a chapman and j brown.

I just hope brown doesnt repeat last years dosage against the hawks and get 200points.

Why do you have to select 2 of the 3?

Whilst I agree,
I dont think there is anything wrong with seeking the occasional advice about one player or a particular move. For example I have asked for opinions on who I should take out of McPhee, Carazzo and Gram.
Im not asking for opinions on every position or heaps of spots just the odd one or two.

I agree...

Anyone picking Tarrant?

Why do you have to select 2 of the 3?

I will have ottens in the fwd line, rucks are sorted.
So to put it very simply, the two players below their price range i want to keep, can u guess who one of them is??

the three players above their price range are all very solid players who i think are in for big years. So only two spots left.

Re: cheap d/t players under $150,000

richard hadley of brisbane is only 82 thousand i think... or close to it

I will have ottens in the fwd line, rucks are sorted.
So to put it very simply, the two players below their price range i want to keep, can u guess who one of them is??

the three players above their price range are all very solid players who i think are in for big years. So only two spots left.

2 below: Brennan & Hale?

3 above: Waite, Tarrant & R. Murphy?

Whilst I agree,
I dont think there is anything wrong with seeking the occasional advice about one player or a particular move. For example I have asked for opinions on who I should take out of McPhee, Carazzo and Gram.
Im not asking for opinions on every position or heaps of spots just the odd one or two.

This is completely different. You are not posting your whole team. Asking for advice on a player or 2 is acceptable.

I happen to be stuck between Carrazo & Gram too. :confused:

who to choose?

on the afl.com.au dream team....

who should i get...

drum
saddington
richards
m.egan
or adcock

Milburn is the most consistant.

I doubt any of them will break through and average 100 but they are all capable of getting 85-90 bar McCleod IMO.

I respectfully disagree. Milburn is not very consistent at all. Although he averaged around 85 last season, he had 8 weeks where he scored in the 60s or lower. Now I realise that for overall ranking, week to week variance is irrelevant since it's the total season score that matters, however for your blood pressure and stress levels I would argue that week to week consistency is very important. This will sound funny now, but following round 2 last yr the BIG debate on this board was whether or not people should sell Pavlich since his opening two rounds scores were 58 and 66. Seriously.

I guess it depends what type of person you are. Are you the type to panic after Milburn has a stretch of 3 games where he scores 61, 62, 76 (happened between rounds 4-6 last season) and sell him hastily (i know I am), or are you happy to buy him and ride the lows with the highs?

Needless to say, if you are only concerned about winning your league, then consistency between week to week is extremely crucial in differentiating between two similarly priced players.

Anyone on here rate Sherman as a DTer? Ive got a spare spot in my midfield for either him or Simon Black. I'm leaning towards Black at the moment, but Ive got this feeling that Sherman is going to be special this year...

Black will get more than Sherman.

In SuperCoach Sherman will get more than Black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QUESTION:

I've got $417,000 and need one more midfielder. Suggestions (350K+)? Is it worth getting a gun like Bruce at 400k, or someone else like S. Burgoyne / Mclean and waiting for Bruce to drop before getting him?

Depends.

If you get someone like Hodge, Ball etc at around the 350k price will that saving of 50k help you upgrade someone else? If you are very happy with your other players, then get the best player you can with the money you have available.

Irrelevant. This is my first year in DT & I am not posting my side up so people can tell me what to do. What is the purpose of participating in a comp when you are not the player? :rolleyes:

I would rather come 20,000th and know it was my effort, rather than 15,000th with 20 changes made based on others opinions.

So going by your theory, you would rather come 5000th doing it all by yourself, and not 1st getting help from others and taking home the $50,000 ?
Smart.

I didn't wanna post anything about my team but I am unsure of who to upgrade and who to get...

I have just over 200k left over and would like to upgrade on of my lower priced forwards;

Brown (RICH)
Monfries
Mooney
Porplyzia

I don't know who to get though...

Also, where can you view the scoring system for DT or is it the usual 3 = kick etc?

Irrelevant. This is my first year in DT & I am not posting my side up so people can tell me what to do. What is the purpose of participating in a comp when you are not the player? :rolleyes:

I would rather come 20,000th and know it was my effort, rather than 15,000th with 20 changes made based on others opinions.

Getting help from others that know more than you is no crime. It's called research. Noone is forcing people to take the advice given to them. It's impossible to be informed about every player in the AFL, others will obviously know about players that you're not familiar with. Nothing wrong with getting opinions and then forming your own based on what you've learnt.

I didn't wanna post anything about my team but I am unsure of who to upgrade and who to get...

I have just over 200k left over and would like to upgrade on of my lower priced forwards;

Brown (RICH)
Monfries
Mooney
Porplyzia

I don't know who to get though...

Also, where can you view the scoring system for DT or is it the usual 3 = kick etc?

I dont understand what you're asking.

Are the players you listed guys you have? Show us some options you are looking at and I can tell you who i'd go for.

Sinclair has been in the middle a lot more through the preseason. It's a carrazzo like gamble - their increasing use in the midfield should be a plus, but will it be?
I am staying away from both - most likely to my detriment.

I have all 4, but with 200k in the bank, I would like to upgrade one or maybe 2.

My opinion:

Browny to O'Keefe (84.5k left) or Embley (115.4k left) [Anyone is in my price range]

Mooney to Riewoldt (119.4k left)

Getting rid of both means 734k for 2 players...Embley + Nick with 31k left

I think I'll keep Monfries and Porplyzia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back