AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: cheap d/t players under $150,000

Who do you guys reckon is more value as a bottom priced defender: Matt Riggio, Tim Boyle... or someone else? (Has to be below 100k)

my team

first year so help would be good!

Backs:
C. Cornes
J. Bowden
Mcleod
C. Jones
Gilbee
Adcock
Kosi
---
Smith. J
Ellis

Centre:
Black
Burgoyne. S
Hodge
Murphy
Griffin
Mcglynn
---
Armitage
Selwood

Rucks:
Sandilands
Dracy
Hudson
Renouf

Forward
Hall
Pavlich
Franklin
G.Ablett
N. Brown
Monfries
---
Hawkins
Jetta

Cheers! :thumbsu:

The site seems to be giving me this error:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many connections in /home/vapormedia/rsync/live/common/includes/mysql.php on line 21
Unable to connect to db

Wouldnt want this to happen when the game is full in flight...

Re: cheap d/t players under $150,000

Who do you guys reckon is more value as a bottom priced defender: Matt Riggio, Tim Boyle... or someone else? (Has to be below 100k)
Tom Williams looks ready to step up
as does Hartlet and Ellis.

Hartlet is the only one to play a game but Ellis is 20-21 in his prime as is williams.

take your pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about J. Walker ( from Freo this year, been reading plenty posts about him over the past couple weeks but still can't decide if he is worth the trouble or not.
1) Will be play round 1? 2) Will he get enough game time 3) Will he average 75?

Also any thoughts on C. Bizzell, if he walks straight back into the side he should get a fair few marks and a fair few possessions per game. Good value at 127k.

Any thoughts?

1) I'd say so, 2) nope, 3) doubtful

Bizzell will be great value if he walks straight back in, but will take time maybe pick him up after you have seen some perfromance from him

Would it maybe make more sense to get Gibson instead of Walker, and keep the cash? I know Gibson is unjured, but only for one round right?

There are a bundle of players in the Centres around the 330k - 230k mark who you could pick but there are a lot of question marks hovering over each of them.
I will name a few:
Embley
Kerr
Hasleby
Burgoyne (Peter)
etc

Not at all.
If anything, it will make Black better as it takes attention off him.
Man, after looking over my team again, i am in awe.
This team will be in the mix for the $50,000.

Everyone thinks that and Round 1 comes along & you're back to reality :rolleyes:

In terms of DT backline players there arnt many others that averaged better than 86 last year so if you had him over the course of the season you would have been pretty happy with him.Any backline player with an avearage of 86 should be worth consideration no matter how his scores fluctuate from week to week

Absolutely. He is a quality dreamteam performer. However, I am huge on consistency, they always seem to let you down the week you need them. i.e. P.Bowden.

Someone originally suggested Milburn was consistent, I just wanted to point out that while he is very good (top 5 back) he is not consistent. Thinking about that a bit more, most the good backs are in that boat too - J.Bowden, P.Bowden, C.Cornes all inconsistent, when compared to the centres and forwards.

Not at all.
If anything, it will make Black better as it takes attention off him.
Man, after looking over my team again, i am in awe.
This team will be in the mix for the $50,000.

show us it then...I reckon my new one has sum awesum potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back