AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your going to focus on picking players who are going to make you money in the long run you will loose sight of the bigger picture and thats getting off to a great start and keeping up with the leaders.By the time these so called cheapies start making you money so that you can transfer better players in your side you are going to be so far behind the leaders you wont have any hope of catching them

So your big picture strategy is to do well round 1? If you can have a rook on the field that you think will get 60 isnt that better than a guy who averaged 60 last year who doesnt improve?

alrite fellas, barrel me:

Backs:
C. Cornes
L. Gilbee
D. Fletcher
B. Thorton
J. Roughhead
J. Adcock
S. O'halpin
L. HAnsen
X. Ellis

Centres:
C. Judd
A. Goodes
N. Dal santo
L. Hodge
D. Wells
N. Foley
B. Gibbs
J. Selwood

Rucks
C. Mooney
L. Darcy
B. Moran
B. Hudson

Forwards:
B. Hall
M. PAvlich
G. Ablett
B. Ebert
N.G. Brown
L. Franklin
J. Koschitzke
B. Reid
A. Davey

IMO your backline may struggle a bit, pull back from the midfield slightly and free up some cash, and really not sure about Mooney......he's a loose cannon

Re: What is everyones Dream Team 07 starting 22 ???

Well here's my 22 for argument's sake:

The bench is:

J.Koschitzke
L.Hansen

B.Gibbs
J.Selwood

A.Sandilands
C.Wood

Al.Davey
T.Hawkins

Basically the only thing missing from this team are the 'elite' players like Judd, Bowden, Hodge, Brown, Johnson, ect... Personally I don't think those guys have enough room for improvement unlike the rest on my team. I have 1 exception: Cox. He'll be my captain. After a number of weeks, I expect every player in my squad to go up in value significantly, at which point I can buy the world. Early on I may struggle, although I reckon I'll get by. By season's end however, look out!

Lol, yeah mate, but that's a bit different to the other guys bench. You've got a couple of good players, but you've still also got plenty of first year kids. The other guy had 1.2mil sitting on his bench.

I've done a similar thing by going lots of players who will shoot up in price. Like I said, I'll be happy to compare scores with you at the end.

So your big picture strategy is to do well round 1? If you can have a rook on the field that you think will get 60 isnt that better than a guy who averaged 60 last year who doesnt improve?

Totally agree.......dream teamers should be looking at the long term, ie/ season.....picking a team wholly around the first round is dangerous....remember the rabbit and turtle story.....i don't think it's that important to fly out of the blocks.

hey am new to dream team but like to think i no a bit bout footy.. any thoghts on it for DT purposes or any clear areas for improvemnt

Back: Cornes Milburn Bowden McPee WAters Adcok Kossi (Ellis Williams WB)

Centre: Goodes Hodge Haselby Higgins Lappin Murphy (Armitage Gibbs)

Ruck: Cox Darcy (Husdon Ryder)

Forward: Hall Pavlich Lloyd Embley Brown Franklin Davey (Gumbleton Edwards-kang)
That team looks very good IMO. Quite similar to mine.

I'm a bombers supporter to but think that there are better options than Gumbleton. Eg. Jetta or Campbell (with the forward line situation at the roos him being a rookey shouldn't matter)

Lol, yeah mate, but that's a bit different to the other guys bench. You've got a couple of good players, but you've still also got plenty of first year kids. The other guy had 1.2mil sitting on his bench.

I've done a similar thing by going lots of players who will shoot up in price. Like I said, I'll be happy to compare scores with you at the end.

Spot on!

Totally agree.......dream teamers should be looking at the long term, ie/ season.....picking a team wholly around the first round is dangerous....remember the rabbit and turtle story.....i don't think it's that important to fly out of the blocks.

Amen. Although, it's also important to have a few guns in your team as well. No point having 30 cash cows who shoot up in price if theyre averaging 70 each, and since you don't have enough trades to trade them all (especially after injuries) it's important you still balance those money making players with a couple of consistent guns.

Well I have 1.07 mil, so he's got me there. Obviously there has to be some sort of balance I guess... :D

Amen. Although, it's also important to have a few guns in your team as well. No point having 30 cash cows who shoot up in price if theyre averaging 70 each, and since you don't have enough trades to trade them all (especially after injuries) it's important you still balance those money making players with a couple of consistent guns.

And thats what makes Dream Team such a great game......its all about the balance......

Whilst I agree with your sentiments

Most of players on the bench aren't overly expensive

in fact only Bock and Pendlebury are over $200k

And pendlebury may not stay on the bench as my start 22 has those under $200k as well

Instead of going youngsters to shoot up in price - I have gone for those coming back from injury and proven performers to do the same

Re: Another 'what do you think of my dream team'

BACKS J. Bowden A.McLeod L.Gilbee
A.Hunter D.Wiripunda A.Raines J.Adock
EMG X.Ellis

BENCH J. Smith

CENTERS L. Hodge A. Cooney D.Kerr S. Black P. Burgoyne
J. Selwood

EMG. B.Gibbs
BENCH N. Lappin

RUCKS J.Charman L.Darcy

EMG B.Hudson

BENCH S. Taylor

FORWARDS M. Pavlich B. Fevola A. Ackermanis A. Embley
N.G. Brown L. Franklin Al. Davey

EMG J. Koschitzke

BENCH L. Jetta

$200 left in the bank.
Made a few changes so anymore hints would be appreciated. Thanks heaps to those who gave me a few tips before, very helpful indeed.

Hey everyone. Heres my team. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm not sure on a few players so please point out any weak links. Thanks

BACKS:
C. Cornes
J. Sinclair
C. Jones
G. Birchall
C. Johnson (melb)
J. Adcock
A. Raines
J. Koschitzke (r)
X. Ellis (r)

CENTRES:
D. Kerr
S. Salopek
M. Murphy
P. Halseby
N. Foley
S. Higgins
D. Rodan (r)
J. Selwood (r)

RUCKS:
P. Everitt
A. Sandilands
J. Griffin (r)
B. Renouf (r)

FORWARDS:
M. Pavlich
B. Fevola
A. Embley
N. Brown (rich)
B. Ebert
A. Monfries
L. Franklin
Al. Davey (r)
M. Campbell (r)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My teams gonna win it in a canter

Backs : Chad Cornes, David Wirrpanda, Jason Gram, Andrew Walker, David Mundy, Jed Adcock Justin Koschitzke : EMG : Lachlan Hansen

Midfield : Chris Judd, Luke Hodge, Brett Kirk, Adam Cooney, Josh Carr, Peter Burgoyne : EMG : Bryce Gibbs

Rucks : Aaron Sandilands, Ben Hudson : EMG : Patrick Ryder

Forwards : Matthew Pavlich, Brendan Fevola, Gary Ablett, Cameron Mooney, Angus Monfries, Nathan Brown, Lance Franklin : EMG : Aaron Edwards

Hey guys,

Just a reminder to keep up with the team-by-team previews on my DT-based blog:

afldreamteam.blogspot.com

See something questionable? Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from all you DTers out there

Hey guys,

Just a reminder to keep up with the team-by-team previews on my DT-based blog:

afldreamteam.blogspot.com

See something questionable? Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from all you DTers out there
Comes up with

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server. Please visit the Blogger homepage or the Blogger Knowledge Base for further assistance.

Lets hope i get a better response than the last mob haha

Backs:

Sinclair
Symes
Johncock
Bowden.J
D.Mundy
J.Adcock
C.Bizzell

ellis
boyle

Centres:

Judd
Ball
Mitchell
Bartel
Moloney
Lappin

Gibbs
Selwood

Rucks:

Sandilands
Hudson

Griffen
Graham.A (hoping for promotion)

Forwards:

Hall
Pavlich
Aker
Cornes
Bock
N.G.Brown
Kosi

Edwards
Davey

Lets hope i get a better response than the last mob haha

Backs:

Sinclair
Symes
Johncock
Bowden.J
D.Mundy
J.Adcock
C.Bizzell

ellis
boyle

Centres:

Judd
Ball
Mitchell
Bartel
Moloney
Lappin

Gibbs
Selwood

Rucks:

Sandilands
Hudson

Griffen
Graham.A (hoping for promotion)

Forwards:

Hall
Pavlich
Aker
Cornes
Bock
N.G.Brown
Kosi

Edwards
Davey

its pretty good could be improved. chuck c cornes into the backline. get rid of symes alltogether and pick a better forward like okeefe, embley, brad johnson. and maybe downgrade 1 of ur mids and spend the money elseware. its pretty solid though:thumbsu:

its pretty good could be improved. chuck c cornes into the backline. get rid of symes alltogether and pick a better forward like okeefe, embley, brad johnson. and maybe downgrade 1 of ur mids and spend the money elseware. its pretty solid though:thumbsu:

Symes is a gamble im sold on taking, love how he gets those cheap marks and kicks the ideal fantasy player, his age just makes him a risk, I had cornes in backs but I like my structures with him in forwards, I think my forwards are fairly settled to be honest Bock is another risk but you have to take em beleive me he will be a key player to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back