AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even with Lloyd and Lucas in the team?

He would get the opposition 3rd defender so thats a plus which would stetch most teams defence.

Not a bad choice but not in my team, not proven yet for the price IMO.

This is my team, i'll try not to change it any more.

Starting 22
1. HUNTER, Adam (WCE)
2. THORNTON, Bret (CAR)
3. KENNELLY, Tadgh (SYD)
4. MCPHARLIN, Luke (FRE)
5. HARRIS, Brian (WBD)
6. MAXWELL, Nick (COL)
7. GLASS, Darren (WCE)
8. CORNES, Kane (PTA)
9. BRUCE, Cameron (MEL)
10. JUDD, Chris (WCE)
11. EAGLETON, Nathan (WBD)
12. PENDLEBURY, Scott (COL)
13. GIBBS, Bryce (CAR)
14. LADE, Brendon (PTA)
15. OTTENS, Brad (GEE)
16. LLOYD, Matthew (ESS)
17. PAVLICH, Matthew (FRE)
18. LYNCH, Quinten (WCE)
19. HANSEN, Ashley (WCE)
20. FRANKLIN, Lance (HAW)
21. MURPHY, Ryan (FRE)
22. CLOKE, Travis (COL)

Bench
23. EVERITT, Andrejs (WBD)
24. RIGGIO, Matt (KAN)
25. HIGGINS, Shaun (WBD)
26. OAKLEY-NICHOLLS, Jarrad (RIC)
27. DARCY, Luke (WBD)
28. MCENTEE, Luke (HAW)
29. MERRETT, Daniel (BRL)
30. CAMPBELL, Matthew (KAN)

Thoughts....?

This your first year doing DT?

Tips - don't get players like Lloyd/Judd/Bruce. Guns, but to expensive. They are likely to drop in price so get them then.

Players like Darren Glass / Adam Hunter, although good players, are not good DT scorers. Their prices are low for a reason. If you need players at the 250k mark or below, DO NOT pick guys who are well known. If they're 23 or 24 and are averaging 60 points, chances are they're not going to improve. Get a young player who is likely to cement his spot in the 22 or about to blossom (or returning from injury).

Look at Adcock, Nigel Lappin, Kosi and Nathan G. Brown. All cheap b/c of injuries. Adcock and Brown I'd definitely recommend, Lappin is a bit riskier as he might not play in the first couple rounds but still worth the investment, Kosi will play from round one, but is injury-prone. Still good value for a reserve though, as all these four are great DT scorers.

Try not to spend too much money on your reserves. As a reserve ruck, I suggest you get one of Griffin or Hudson from Adelaide. Look for 1st/2nd year guys likely to debut as they're cheaper and will rise in value. Trade the money you get if you decide to do this to improve your backline. It's a shocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but as this is a dream team thread, it isnt all that important how people will think he will go as a footballer. ;)
Yeah mate I know that's what you meant.

I agree with you that Johns is not suited to DT and personally I do not want him anywhere near my side.

what are your thoughts on my team, possible weaknesses??

dtva5.png

You have McLean.

Thats a huge tick in my book.

I think overall your side is strong however you should look to get rid of N. Ablett IMO. Not going to score more than 30 points a game.

Also your reserves could use some improving.

nah its g.ablett, and ill prob swap bizzell with j.adcock what do u think?
who should b captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back