AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bock - ended up keeping him for the year, but he came good in the last couple of rounds when it really mattered
was this close to picking up gray over westhoff, i know that many made the wrong choice there

Bock scored a big one the week I dropped him. He did actually start doing OK towards the end of the year.

I chose Gray over Westhoff! Ouch! After having been "burned" by Hawkins, I decided on SMALL over LARGE for young forwards. As a rule, that's probably not a bad one, but there are always going to be exceptions.

And if you don't it'll be a great pickup line in a bar. "How would you like to have a drink with someone who contributed in the 3000 page AFL Dream Team thread on BigFooty?"

Well, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, so I got a question for everybody - who were your 'unique' picks pre-rd1? The players that you chose that possibly weren't the best in their price range, or some players you took a punt on.

I had a few:

:thumbsu: Jimmy Bartel - wow, best pick of the year by far. I honestly didn't think he would be a popular choice, but I looked back over last years stats and noticed that he often was top dt scorer for Geelong.

:thumbsu: Matthew Boyd - he's the type of player that really sneaks under the radar, with the likes of Cooney, West, Cross etc I was thinking that he'd get a bit less attention perhaps, still with plenty of room to improve. He was consistent for the first half of the year, but the 2nd half he pulled out some amazingly high scores - much more than I had expected pre-rd1.

:thumbsu: Priddis. Gun. Need I say more? Sandover medallist, and as soon as I heard about the whole Cousins fiasco he came straight into my team. All he needed was some game time.

:thumbsu::thumbsdown: Mundy - he showed some good signs late in 06, but didn't really improve as much as I hoped (if at all). Although he was far from my worst player, which meant that he remained in my side all year, again having some good games at the end of the season. Might consider him next year.

:thumbsdown: McDougall. Was banking on an improved performance in his new club. Failed miserably. Out: round 2.

:thumbsdown: Nathan Brown. Had him rd1, didn't hear about his re-injury until it was too late. Traded him for Bock in rd 2.

Overall I think my picks generally came off well. Just had a shocking run with players from Rd 7-12 where I used up 4 trades on one position!
Marc Murphy (under-performing) --> Luke Power (gets injured) --> Daniel Cross - the week he gets injured (double trade needed) --> West
That hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDougall... why o why?

The other one for me was having Pendelbury and Lewis in the midfield for so long... they became winderlich and rodan just before the opening thanks to some last minute nathan brown tinkering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back