AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its on the herald sun football page, i had it open but have closed it. They say its a "hot spot". Im not sure if i should just play Campbell/Davey and have Brown on the bench or get rid of him. There is really nobody i want to get. What do you think Nigel Lappin will be like?

all my work... gone. i thikn ill just do what u plan on doing.

nigel lappin... barring a recurrence of the injury is fine for the money. a lock.

Its on the herald sun football page, i had it open but have closed it. They say its a "hot spot". Im not sure if i should just play Campbell/Davey and have Brown on the bench or get rid of him. There is really nobody i want to get. What do you think Nigel Lappin will be like?

It would be stupid to get rid of him because in two weeks time you will be thinking of a potential trade in order to pick him up again.
Save a trade and play one of your reserves instead.
It might cost you 20 points less this week and next week.
That is 40 points.
You can make that up by picking good captains.
Pfft.
Look at the big picture.
N.Lappin. In my words, will be valued at 350k by Round 12. :thumbsu: .

It would be stupid to get rid of him because in two weeks time you will be thinking of a potential trade in order to pick him up again.
Save a trade and play one of your reserves instead.
It might cost you 20 points less this week and next week.
That is 40 points.
You can make that up by picking good captains.
Pfft.
Look at the big picture.
N.Lappin. In my words, will be valued at 350k by Round 12. :thumbsu: .
Stay away from Lappin.

I am undecided on Brown though.

Stay away from Lappin.

I am undecided on Brown though.

with so much sarcasm and veiled forms of info passing through on these boards i really cant tell if ur serious. lappin no good you reckon? didnt he play a praccy game recently?

if it were 2 games id be ok on brown. 3 is a bit iffy. its an injury where u really cant tell how long it will be for.

disappointing.

You think? This is a relatively minor swtich, but it's also pretty big in the scheme of things. I need all the $ I can get to get rid of Nathan Brown. Currently have $54k.

Will Riggio be a flash in the pan or do you think he will play most weeks?

10-20 possession games - will maek way for smith or gibson 3-10 week stretch he will get. hansen - i cant read laidleys mind but i dont think we are that light on that we "need" to use him as a kpp - sense this is a taste more than a requirement he play. boyle and ellis other to consider - and leaves more of a question mark in my mind.

monfries/bock/croad/white? who is ur replacement?

10-20 possession games - will maek way for smith or gibson 3-10 week stretch he will get. hansen - i cant read laidleys mind but i dont think we are that light on that we "need" to use him as a kpp - sense this is a taste more than a requirement he play. boyle and ellis other to consider - and leaves more of a question mark in my mind.

monfries/bock/croad/white? who is ur replacement?
Hmm so basically you think Riggio will only be in the side for the first few rounds, only until others come back from injury. Well that's alright as long as he does play for a while and makes me some $. I want to keep Hansen but that extra $ really appeals to me. :p How many games do you think he'll play, not many judging by your post.

Man, the forwards are full of complete and utter duds. I could get Ablett but I don't rate him in fantasy footy. I could just keep Brown and the $?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm so basically you think Riggio will only be in the side for the first few rounds, only until others come back from injury. Well that's alright as long as he does play for a while and makes me some $. I want to keep Hansen but that extra $ really appeals to me. :p How many games do you think he'll play, not many judging by your post.

Man, the forwards are full of complete and utter duds. I could get Ablett but I don't rate him in fantasy footy. I could just keep Brown and the $?

riggio i feel will play more games, or is a chance to, and to score more points... and hes cheaper.

boyle i feel will play more games get less points compared to ellis. i dont know on ellis yet. ill decide tomorrow. its a harder choice.

if u want that warm feeling about a young player like you do for hansen (pick 3 total package next pavlich etc) then ill tell you that some feel riggio is the total package and rate him up there with jws (the great white hope of the kangaroos). hes rated very highly and taken early underage for his draft. hope that helps.

on brown - you said 2 weeks becomes 4. i think your right - ur gambling on terry wallace's games. ill see what others right in the morning, but for now it is:

brown-->monfries
sinclair-->mcleod.

I am deciding on the N.G.Brown trade and am thinking about:
1) Franklin (dont really want as he doesnt get big stats)
2) Monfries (not really sure what Sheeds will do with him)
3) McPharlin (dont want a KP back to be honest)
4) A.Lovett (probably the best of the pack, but not great)

Who would you guys pick out of the 4?

riggio i feel will play more games, or is a chance to, and to score more points... and hes cheaper.

boyle i feel will play more games get less points compared to ellis. i dont know on ellis yet. ill decide tomorrow. its a harder choice.

if u want that warm feeling about a young player like you do for hansen (pick 3 total package next pavlich etc) then ill tell you that some feel riggio is the total package and rate him up there with jws (the great white hope of the kangaroos). hes rated very highly and taken early underage for his draft. hope that helps.

on brown - you said 2 weeks becomes 4. i think your right - ur gambling on terry wallace's games. ill see what others right in the morning, but for now it is:

brown-->monfries
sinclair-->mcleod.
Legend mate, thanks for the help.

Oh and I agree on Hansen, he was the best player taken from last years draft IMO. Love the look of him, will be a superstar. :thumbsu:

Well I'm going to keep Riggio then. :thumbsu:

I currently have Ellis, and I just don't see the Hawks not playing him considering their love for young talent and that fact he was taken so high in the draft. I'm going to keep him.

However Brown is gone, at this stage I've replaced him with Hunter who should average about 70. I don't know if it's worth upgrading him as to be honest there are no forwards around 300k which interest me.

Re: Merged "What do you think of my dream team?" threads

I think almost every side i have seen has N.G.Brown, wonder how many people will keep him now he is out for round 1? I have traded him as i dont trust he will be back anytime soon.

Please rate this

Backs
C Cornes
Gilbee
McPhee
Brennan
X Clarke
Daniel Bell
Adcock

Ellis
Riggio

Centres
Judd
Kane Johnson
Pendlebury
Griffen
Knights
Lappin

Gibbs
J Selwood

Rucks
Sandilands
Darcy

Hudson
Griffin

Forwards
Pavlich
N G Brown
Fevola
G Ablett
Monfries
Franklin
Embley

Kosi
A Davey

Thanks

Please rate this

Backs
C Cornes
Gilbee
McPhee
Brennan
X Clarke
Daniel Bell
Adcock

Ellis
Riggio

Centres
Judd
Kane Johnson
Pendlebury
Griffen
Knights
Lappin

Gibbs
J Selwood

Rucks
Sandilands
Darcy

Hudson
Griffin

Forwards
Pavlich
N G Brown
Fevola
G Ablett
Monfries
Franklin
Embley

Kosi
A Davey

Thanks

Not too bad actually.
You do know that N.G.Brown is now out injured for 2-3 weeks...
Also, please tell me your reasoning behind picking Bell?
It is not a bad thing, i am just curious...

The exteam functionality - where you enter in your Dream Team, Super Coach or other comp's team so you can get live scoring - is up and working on FanFooty again as before, after me bashing at the code all night. Please get your team in before the rush tomorrow night, it's going to be bedlam just before lockout!

Although I am a Tigers supporter at present I am sticking with Brown in one of my teams and have traded him in the other. Part of me thinks it is a risk keeping him but the other part says many might panic and trade him off and regret it if he comes good in 2-3 weeks. A gamble but one that could have good reward later on down the track.

Not too bad actually.

Cool thanks - I didn't know about Brown

I though Bell could develop into a good consistent player this year - fifth year I think - who else would you recommend in that price bracket

Not too bad actually.

So is nathen brown injured? that plays for richmond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back