AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: players to look out for in dream team 07

Can gaurentee that Edwards will play 22 games, most likely as a FF

Average between 50-60

I had Edwards but have got rid of him now he hasn't been selected for round 1. Also assuming he plays full forward, its not a great point scoring position. IMO he'd be going great guns if he kicked 40, even then you wouldn't think he'd score much as he probably won't get much of the ball. Even Lloyd and Fevola aren't massive scorers

I think you would be pretty silly if you get rid of NG Brown at this stage. Worse case he will be out for a month, but saving trades is at a premium, and I guarantee everyone will jump back on him when he recovers. Too good and too cheap to pass up based on him missing a coule of games. Put it this way, you wouldn't trade him out during the middle of the season if he was out for 2 weeks. Just make sure you have cover on your bench and you'll be fine.

Re: players to look out for in dream team 07

I had Edwards but have got rid of him now he hasn't been selected for round 1. Also assuming he plays full forward, its not a great point scoring position. IMO he'd be going great guns if he kicked 40, even then you wouldn't think he'd score much as he probably won't get much of the ball. Even Lloyd and Fevola aren't massive scorers

You reckon?

Surely Lloyd got the highest score out of any player in round 1, got over 100 the next round, and then got 50 next round, when he went off the field early in the second quarter. Pretty decent scores IMO.

I think you would be pretty silly if you get rid of NG Brown at this stage. Worse case he will be out for a month, but saving trades is at a premium, and I guarantee everyone will jump back on him when he recovers. Too good and too cheap to pass up based on him missing a coule of games. Put it this way, you wouldn't trade him out during the middle of the season if he was out for 2 weeks. Just make sure you have cover on your bench and you'll be fine.
Your right saying that you wouldn't trade him midyear if he was out for 2 weeks but the difference is now you can trade him out without having to waste a trade. I have a feeling he is going to be out for more than 2 though:(

Personally I dont want any player who isnt going to play this week. You may argue that every trade counts however you dont win with trade management... you win with points on the board. If you are carrying dead weight your obviously not getting points.

Depending on what strategy you believe in over the first 2-3 weeks most teams will use 4-6 trades refining there team, picking up the surprise packets, etc... I cant see why you couldnt pick Nathan Brown up in 2 weeks... his value will be the same.

I didnt have Nathan Brown in my team in any case... even pefectly fit I'm not convinced he has a lot of 'big fantasy point' games in him due to injury management issue. Now that he has ongoing injury concerns which have flared again I wont be touching him.

So yeah trades are important but look on the flip side, if you take him now, things get worse with his leg, its going to cost you a trade to get rid of him!

Its funny that people have teams full of 'value' players. Probability is only 50% of those will work out, personally I've got a team of half consistant performers, another 25% in reasonable mid-tier players probable to improve, and 25% of rookies and low value hopes.

NG Brown GORN!

Need to upgrade him...thoughts on big Rob Murphy. Gets points with ease but who knows what he'll do in a choc-a-block Doggies forward line. Are Tarrant, Ablett, Mooney, Frankling better options?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Advice on Strategy

This thread is top notch apart from the trollers who keep asking 'who' questions that have been answered on a thousand threads...

How many players do you have from different teams in your starting 22?

Adelaide 2
Brisbane 2
Carlton 1
Collingwood 0
Essendon 3
Fremantle 2
Geelong 1
Hawthorn 0
Kangaroos 1
Melbourne 1
Port Adelaide 1
Richmond 2
Stkilda 2
Sydney 1
West Coast 1
Western Bulldogs 2

How many players do you have from different teams in your starting 22?

Adelaide 2
Brisbane 2
Carlton 1
Collingwood 0
Essendon 3
Fremantle 2
Geelong 1
Hawthorn 0
Kangaroos 1
Melbourne 1
Port Adelaide 1
Richmond 2
Stkilda 2
Sydney 1
West Coast 1
Western Bulldogs 2

dunno if this will mean anything to ya but the hawks are great d/team players, we mess around with the ball so much they just rack up the points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back