AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt look that bad:
BACKS: Look very strong, obviously Kosi is a weak point but he could be alright in the long run IMO
CENTRES: Perhaps a little weaker but no disgrace by any stretch of the imagination.
RUCKS: Impressive without breaking the bank, I have Darcy and Hudson on the field with Ryder on the bench and Griffin too. Sandi makes a huge difference and I'm just waiting to see who to trade for him.
FORWARDS: Pav, Brown and Hall all strong, Davey one of the pick ups of the year, but obviously Jones and (Nathan?) Ablett seem weaknesses. Keep the faith in Bock, I ee him each week and he'll be alright, he wasnt a flash in the pan.
Doesnt seem like you're doing too badly, I like the players on your bench too. How much moolah left in the coffer?

nablett was a failed cash cow.

210k in the bank.
was thinking kosi to gilbee and then the following week bock to riewoldt and nablett to tredrea.

ok I never do this but heres my fwd line, its probably a bit bare:

-Pavlich
-Franklin
-Embley
(now it starts to decline)
-Robert Murphy
-Alwyn Davey
-Justin Koschitzke
-Aaron Edwards
-Tom Hawkins
-Nathan Brown (Rich)

I have $177,100 left in the bank and 16 trades remaining. I really want to get rid of Brown this week but I'm not sure who to get, who do you reckon... Brad Johnson is a lock-in but probably not this week, do I put up with Edwards on the field forone more week? I think BJ (and perhaps another?) would seriously bolster my fwdline. The only other major change I really want to make is to upgrade Darcy/Ryder/Griffin for a premium Ruck like Sandilands or Cox.
Thanks guys, I appreciate any thoughts.

riewoldt?

As to my previous question, I have some more names to add to the list. So out of these, who would you pick up for Gibbs:

Oakley Nicholls - $82,500 (listed as starting on the ball, scored 53 last round)
Petterd - $82,300 (listed as starting HFF, scored 71 last round)
King - $69,600 (listed as starting on the wing, scored 40 last round)
Jones - $69,600 (listed as starting on the bench, scored 69 last game)

Only King will increase in price this round, everyone else is only playing their second game. Im leaning towards King at this stage, purely for the price increase and the fact that he is cheaper than (most of) the others. Plus if Petterd plays well this week I could always cash in Selwood for him next round.

Thoughts?
I'd go King if you must trade this week. Pettard ideally but as you've said, King's a little bit cheaper and you know he'll play 3 games (therefore value rise). What's Gibbs' breakeven? If it's acheivable I'd probably wait a week and see how those that play their 2nd game go.

nablett was a failed cash cow.

210k in the bank.
was thinking kosi to gilbee and then the following week bock to riewoldt and nablett to tredrea.
Yep figured so, and thats a pretty decent team for 210k left :)
Gilbee= bargain and for this week only probably, Tredrea will prob pay off, Kosi hasnt peaked yet, I think it would be a mistake to trade him yet and even though Gilbee is good your backs seem pretty set, I would save trades and Kosi for another day. But then again if you pulled the trigger I wouldnt blame you because theres no-one else in ur backs Id get rid of.

ok I never do this but heres my fwd line, its probably a bit bare:

-Pavlich
-Franklin
-Embley
(now it starts to decline)
-Robert Murphy
-Alwyn Davey
-Justin Koschitzke
-Aaron Edwards
-Tom Hawkins
-Nathan Brown (Rich)

I have $177,100 left in the bank and 16 trades remaining. I really want to get rid of Brown this week but I'm not sure who to get, who do you reckon... Brad Johnson is a lock-in but probably not this week, do I put up with Edwards on the field forone more week? I think BJ (and perhaps another?) would seriously bolster my fwdline. The only other major change I really want to make is to upgrade Darcy/Ryder/Griffin for a premium Ruck like Sandilands or Cox.
Thanks guys, I appreciate any thoughts.
I'd look at one of Johnson, Brown or Hall this week...with Riewoldt in one of the following weeks.

I'd look at one of Johnson, Brown or Hall this week...with Riewoldt in one of the following weeks.
Thanks, Im feeling that I should stay away from Brown due to the extra attention opposition teams can afford to give him this year and I'm torn between picking up BJ this week or next week with the chance of a price drop (110 just to BE). Same with Hall, still a bit pricey and sure to drop with a 124 BE, patience is the key patience is the key :p But I know BE's are not the BE all and end all. Riewoldt does look like a good pickup in the future but depends on fitness, also need to save a bit of my 177k to upgrade my rucks.

i dont need to make any trades this week and i have 16 left so i was thinking about trading out Black for Malceski who can score big as we have seen. any point in this trade, would i gain much?

i dont need to make any trades this week and i have 16 left so i was thinking about trading out Black for Malceski who can score big as we have seen. any point in this trade, would i gain much?

Like for like.

Not really, not much gain (if any). Keep the trades for later. As someone with Black, he is a little frustrating but not worth trading out for Malceski. Black would have scored a lot better last week if he didn't give away 5 frees :eek:

Like for like.
Seems a bit that way to me also, as a fellow black owner I have this advice for you: whenever you want to trade him just remember what lethal leigh said about Black "Career best form", thats a brownlow medalist in better form than his brownlow year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which 2 should i play? Murphy, Lappin, Rodan

Rodan came in as an emergency last week to score 118 :D but im not sure.

Time to upgrade the forwards this week, overdue to get rid of Brennan and upgrade Akermanis (should have done it last week).
Have plenty of cash in the bank, looking to pick up J Brown, and either chapman or B Johnson. Could someone post their B/E scores for this week. Any advice on chappy or johnson, or any other worthy options.

Rucks - McIntosh, Darcy, Hudson, Griffin.

Would it be wise to play Hudson instead of Darcy this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back