AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you make friends? You can make friends at work, you can make friends through friends, you can make friends when you go out to a pub.

The guys that have been playing EDL have been posting on a forum regularly over the past 18 months. Although you dont see the other guys in person, I would definitely classify each other as friends.

So even though we started out as randoms (just like everyone does before you become friends), I feel like I know alot of the guys and their personalities as if we were 'real life' mates. We are not close mates, I am closer mates with some guys than others but I interact with these guys dozens number of times each week.

It sounds kinda sad now I have written that, I am not a loser, I have a life. Its just that my love for fantasy sport has taken me to this extreme where I want to be challenged and I want to discuss this game with people on the same wave length as myself. My real life mates are great, they love footy etc but they struggle to come 20, 000th. I was sitting with my mate as he did his SC side while at uni, it was as he was picking his side I realised how much more I knew about fantasy footy. Its not a slight on him or me, its just how it is.

So while you might meet 'friends' through work or a sporting team. I met these guys through a love of fantasy footy. There is no difference in my eyes.

ARGH.
You are not getting it.
I agree with everything you said. Ok.
BUT, imagine if those "close" mates of yours were very very good at Dream Team and you all made a strong, even league together and you could see them on a weekly basis, have some beers with them watching the footy, sledging each others players, etc, etc.
How much better would that league be compared to EDL.

ARGH.
You are not getting it.
BUT, imagine if those "close" mates of yours were very very good at Dream Team and you all made a strong, even league together and you could see them on a weekly basis, have some beers with them watching the footy, sledging each others players, etc, etc.

Agreed:thumbsu:

ARGH.
You are not getting it.

I understand what you are saying, I dont have any friends that are good at DT so I cant really comment. Tbh, I dont think seeing them in person is any different to talking to someone on a forum especially when you bring in the fact that its the best league in the country. I still talk to my friends about DT, we still barrack for our players while watching the game. They all just think I am some lucky prick because I finish top 50. If only they knew the real truth....:p

Ok, which of these 2 guys will perform better over the season (NOT considering price):

Da Santo
Bell
Edwards
S.Thompson
B.Harvey
Hird
Johnston
Ball
Enright
Crawford
O'Keefe
B.Green
Stanton
Sherman
Watson
Embley
Kirk
J.Carr

Ok, which of these 2 guys will perform better over the season (NOT considering price):

Da Santo
Bell
Edwards
S.Thompson
B.Harvey
Hird
Johnston
Ball
Enright
Crawford
O'Keefe
B.Green
Stanton
Sherman
Watson
Embley
Kirk
J.Carr

These blokes will all have a great year. I recon Ball will have the best.

I guess I am wondering that if I don't take Kosi, will I be too weak in my ruck division. It is 25 picks after these two until my next pick so chances are some if not most of those guys will be gone.

I am thinking of taking:
Dal Santo/ Ball/ S.Thompson/ Edwards
and
Kosi

Any other thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand what you are saying, I dont have any friends that are good at DT so I cant really comment. Tbh, I dont think seeing them in person is any different to talking to someone on a forum especially when you bring in the fact that its the best league in the country. I still talk to my friends about DT, we still barrack for our players while watching the game. They all just think I am some lucky prick because I finish top 50. If only they knew the real truth....:p

I must say watching a relatively nothing match with mates who are in your league is great. Every possie ur player gets who the others dont have is golden.

I remeber last year, my mates were giving it to me for having Lloyd from the start. After that first qtr against sydney i was absolutely giving it to em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back