AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that P Burgoyne may have started in the centre at the weekend (only heard it on the radio, didn't see it) - can anyone confirm this? Did he appear to play more midfield minutes than normal?

If so, then P. Burgoyne may start increasing his points a little and be a better option than Birchall.

What do people think of Judd to Corey - is it too sideways or would you suggest that it should bring in around an extra 20ppg?

What about Ibbotson? Has he peaked? Is it worth doing Ibbotson to P Burgs?

Are you serious he is that amount?
Wow everyone should be buying him!!
I can make some cash by doing Judd ---> Mitchell.

Yeah sounds good to me.

Btw need some help.
I want to upgrade Wonna to either P.Burgoyne or Birchall.. obviously Birchall will leave me with more money.

Thoughts?
Or is there a better options for 318k??
Shaw if he doesn't get tagged.
Although his BE is 112 so could wait a few weeks.

Although id take Birchall above Burgoyne because he is so consistent.

Shaw if he doesn't get tagged.
Although his BE is 112 so could wait a few weeks.

Although id take Birchall above Burgoyne because he is so consistent.
My bad I should say my team first.
I already have Shaw!
But im likely to go with Birchall.

ANyways King could be an option if he comes back

S.Thompson and 30k(to upgrade Morton or Ibbo)

Or

A.Cooney and 96k ( to upgrade Morton or Ibbo)
Seeing as you so kindly helped me, I would go for the bold one. If Ibbo is in your defence, he's a keeper for me. I'm guessing your keeping one of Morton/Ibbo? Morton isn't a keeper.

I believe that P Burgoyne may have started in the centre at the weekend (only heard it on the radio, didn't see it) - can anyone confirm this? Did he appear to play more midfield minutes than normal?

If so, then P. Burgoyne may start increasing his points a little and be a better option than Birchall.

What do people think of Judd to Corey - is it too sideways or would you suggest that it should bring in around an extra 20ppg?

What about Ibbotson? Has he peaked? Is it worth doing Ibbotson to P Burgs?
I watched the game and Burger was deffiently racking up the possies but looked like he was only in the backline. He may of got moved to the midfield as Choco changed the arrangments a bit just to get Chad in the game.

Im about 99% sure Burgz was in the backline the whole time.

Anyway Judd --> Corey deffiently isnt sideways as Judd isnt capible of getting 100+ scores unlike Corey.

Ibbo hasnt peaked IMO; he played on Harvey last week which was deffiently a challenge for the young'un.

Ill'd keep him unless you have about 7 trades left and still can have room to upgrade him

Seeing as you so kindly helped me, I would go for the bold one. If Ibbo is in your defence, he's a keeper for me. I'm guessing your keeping one of Morton/Ibbo? Morton isn't a keeper.

LOL Thanks a lot, Ill help you out now!

S.Thompson and 30k(to upgrade Morton or Ibbo)

Or

A.Cooney and 96k ( to upgrade Morton or Ibbo)
S. Thompson is very over priced.

Get Swan, Murphy or Black above Cooney

Also Corey and Bartel have only got over 100 once each in the past 5 matches. Probably due to Ablett, when Abletts scored less Corey and Bartel have scored more so if Ablett gets an injury expect Corey and Bartel avg to rise.

j0gmxg.jpg

This week im thinking:
Out Ebert, In Ward/Eddy/Mcevoy(hopefully some new Saints get elevated/named this week).
Out Pfeiffer, In Birchall? If not than who? Bock? Newman?

If I get Birchall that leaves me with 100k and probably just Myers/Palmer to upgrade.

Palmer -> Bartel/Kornes costing 50k, maybe? If so which one?
or
Myers in a few weeks -> Newman using all my cash.

Any opinions?

I go Eebert dwon to Ward.
Out Pfiffer in Birchall

Then

Out Myers - MAybe punt on Malceski/drummond

Who should i upgrade

Palmer and Ibbo
Palmer and Morton
Morton and Ibbo

Im confident on doing the bolded one.

This is my team, just looking for some advice i have 6 trades left and 260k in the bank, one of my trades this week is gonna be gardiner -> white dont know what else to do.

Defenders:
H. Shaw
C. Cornes
D. Milburn
P. Burgoyne
B. Jones
D. Myers
B. Guerra

S. Selwood
B. Wilkes

Mids:
D. Swan
J. Bartel
K. Kornes
C. Ling
N. Stevens
R. Palmer

J. Mcnmara
D. Armfield

Rucks:
D. Cox
M. Gardiner -> J. White

M.Kruezer
W. Sulivan

Forwards:
A. Didak
J. Porplyzia
B. Johnson
J. Brown
P. Chapman
N. Riewoldt

M. Rioli
C. Garland

Im not sure whether i should cash in Rioli so that i will have heaps of money to make upgrades to the best players towards finals time, or use my trade to upgrade either stokes or brett jones to say buddy/pav or mackie/bock.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go Eebert dwon to Ward.
Out Pfiffer in Birchall

Then

Out Myers - MAybe punt on Malceski/drummond
Thanks, main question was to know who to upgrade out of Myers/Palmer. I'll give Myers anoth couple of weeks(maybe) to prove his worth and maybe become another Ibbo. Palmer -> Bartel/Kornes will cost me 40-50k next week. Looks to good to miss out on.
Might sit with Myers as the 7th defender until he peaks or maybe for the year.

Would I be better to take Birchall + 55k to possibly upgrade a peaked Myers or Bock + 5k?
I think if Myers can reach 250, a 305k gun defender who has had a few shockers could be on the cards before finals... At worst I keep Myers and take his 50-60 ppw.

If I get Bock, I won't be upgrading Myers unless he gets dropped/injured.
Myers + Bock + a trade verses Birchall + 280-300k defender?

How many trades do you have Adam?

most likely doing this week,

wonaemirri > mcleoud/ward

which do you think would be the better option?
Are you talking about Callan?
What if he gets dropped when stars like West return and let's not forget Higgins...
Mcleod, no doubt, although there's probably still better options out there.

Thanks, main question was to know who to upgrade out of Myers/Palmer. I'll give Myers anoth couple of weeks(maybe) to prove his worth and maybe become another Ibbo. Palmer -> Bartel/Kornes will cost me 40-50k next week. Looks to good to miss out on.
Might sit with Myers as the 7th defender until he peaks or maybe for the year.

Would I be better to take Birchall + 55k to possibly upgrade a peaked Myers or Bock + 5k?
I think if Myers can reach 250, a 305k gun defender who has had a few shockers could be on the cards before finals... At worst I keep Myers and take his 50-60 ppw.

If I get Bock, I won't be upgrading Myers unless he gets dropped/injured.
Myers + Bock + a trade verses Birchall + 280-300k defender?

How many trades do you have Adam?

2:eek::eek:. Stuffed beause of lockout. Had basically no rookies playing. no bench:p. Just working out what to do in future. Got a good bench playing now so should have cover. Hold off Palmer to Cooney next week. Wait for the LTI. Im stuffed come finals time but well see. i usually attack with my trades. But i guees its my fault. Id keep Myers 7th back. I guess i have to keep Ibbo my 7ht back.

2:eek::eek:. Stuffed beause of lockout. Had basically no rookies playing. no bench:p. Just working out what to do in future. Got a good bench playing now so should have cover. Hold off Palmer to Cooney next week. Wait for the LTI. Im stuffed come finals time but well see. i usually attack with my trades. But i guees its my fault. Id keep Myers 7th back. I guess i have to keep Ibbo my 7ht back.
My internet happened to be going slower than dial up speed for about 4-5 days before lockout because we used up all of our downloads:mad: I had Goddard, Cogs and one more player scoring 0(had backup so copped 2 0's) so I know how you feel. I think I'll get Bock, keep Myers as 7th back and upgrade Palmer -> Bartel/Kornes.

This is my team, just looking for some advice i have 6 trades left and 260k in the bank, one of my trades this week is gonna be gardiner -> white dont know what else to do.

Defenders:
H. Shaw
C. Cornes
D. Milburn
P. Burgoyne
B. Jones
D. Myers
B. Guerra

S. Selwood
B. Wilkes

Mids:
D. Swan
J. Bartel
K. Kornes
C. Ling
N. Stevens
R. Palmer

J. Mcnmara
D. Armfield

Rucks:
D. Cox
M. Gardiner -> J. White

M.Kruezer
W. Sulivan

Forwards:
A. Didak
J. Porplyzia
B. Johnson
J. Brown
P. Chapman
N. Riewoldt

M. Rioli
C. Garland

Im not sure whether i should cash in Rioli so that i will have heaps of money to make upgrades to the best players towards finals time, or use my trade to upgrade either stokes or brett jones to say buddy/pav or mackie/bock.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
So ur last Forward is Stokes?

Id get rid of Rioli if u can find a forward player thats cheap and will play most games

Id also Trade out Wilkes and Jones to Fisher and Birchall

And i agree on Stokes to Pav

Are you talking about Callan?
What if he gets dropped when stars like West return and let's not forget Higgins...
Mcleod, no doubt, although there's probably still better options out there.

yeah im just unsure of what to do.

wnated to upgrade fev but no need for the time being.

am starting either wona/myers atm so want to change that.

only 17k in the bank so mcleoud is my only option using one trade.

and callan ward seems the only appropriate downgrade.

My internet happened to be going slower than dial up speed for about 4-5 days before lockout because we used up all of our downloads:mad: I had Goddard, Cogs and one more player scoring 0(had backup so copped 2 0's) so I know how you feel. I think I'll get Bock, keep Myers as 7th back and upgrade Palmer -> Bartel/Kornes.

Though my team aint bad:D

C.Cornes
G.Johncock
B.Waters
D.Milburn
B.Goddard
P.Burgoyne
G.Ibbotson

D.Armfield
J.Anthony:eek:

G.Ablett
P.Chapman
H.Scotland
D.Swan
N.Stevens
R.Palmer - coon dog

S.Browne
D.Myers

D.Cox
T.Simmonds

J.Meeson
J.White

M.Pavlich
B.Deledio
J.Porplyzia
J.Brown
R.Murphy
Buddy Franklin
J.Morton - O keffe

J.Neagle
A.Hartlett

dtneraigntheend.jpg

What would you do this week.

6 trades + 50k in bank ..thinking of trading either

Cassisi,Mooney,Bones,Rioli Or Browne !

Though my team aint bad:D

C.Cornes
G.Johncock
B.Waters
D.Milburn
B.Goddard
P.Burgoyne
G.Ibbotson

D.Armfield
J.Anthony:eek:

G.Ablett
P.Chapman
H.Scotland
D.Swan
N.Stevens
R.Palmer - coon dog

S.Browne
D.Myers

D.Cox
T.Simmonds

J.Meeson
J.White

M.Pavlich
B.Deledio
J.Porplyzia
J.Brown
R.Murphy
Buddy Franklin
J.Morton - O keffe

J.Neagle
A.Hartlett
Yeah, we have decent teams but no trades!
Will you have 0 trades after those 2 upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back