AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you follow through with your bold declaration of perhaps captaining the Chad? I must commend you on that prediction either way. I too picked up Newman this week. I just wanted a nice consistent scoring backman. Is that too much to ask DT Gods!?

Nice stat i found about Newman

When Richmond win - 58, 84, 79(draw), 78, 39
When Richmond lose - 114, 71, 38, 96, 84, 104, 100

bar that 38 score it seems that Newman scores a lot higher when Richmond lose, Joel Bowden of 08???

Nice stat i found about Newman

When Richmond win - 58, 84, 79(draw), 78, 39
When Richmond lose - 114, 71, 38, 96, 84, 104, 100

bar that 38 score it seems that Newman scores a lot higher when Richmond lose, Joel Bowden of 08???

Nice find.

Makes sense, ball goes down back more when they are losing.
Hope they get pumped next few weeks! :p

This is why i think there needs to be a shuffle around with the DT structure. Unless you are doing extremely well, there is no hope because when teams are separated by 4-5 players, people loose interest, it's impossible to catch-up and it not that enjoyable as past years. Also going for overall rankings you need to get the best team in as soon as possible, therefore you have the same team for 10 rounds, it just becomes repetative.

Mr.Jingles, I think you just need to set a goal, say top 100, 500, 1000 whatever and just ride it out and see if you can achieve it.

I think a fair few people agree that there needs to be a little shuffling around because i remember when i first started (3-4 years ago), there was around 250,000 - 300,000 playing, whereas now there is 180,000.

Purely because they opened it way too late.
And I don't think there was that much 3-4 years ago, but last year there was.

Moved from 336 to 405 :thumbsdown:

Looking to make my last upgrade this week, trading Bones to Bock/Chad
Under most circumstances I would get Chad, but with his finger/knee injuries is it worth taking the risk knowing that he might get rested/miss some games later in the year?

4 consectutive 2000 for me.

Really considering
Out Palmer In S.Thompson

bit late now i think mate, and WAY too much. Thompson's scores will fall in the next few weeks, why spend the extra cash for him?

but then again, its up to you of course

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh thought so too, but with lucas back would that help mcphees scores?

Yeh it does, but if something happens to Lucas and Llyod then Mcphee's scores will drop again.

Also Birchall is very consistent (take out 2 weeks ago score :p) and doesn't rely on a team mate playing to get good scores .

and to all the people complaining about poor choice of captain, may I ask why?

I realise hindsight is a wonderful thing, but did anyone seriously think kane cornes was gonna tear up against the cats at skilled stadium? And buddy at AAMI, against the miserly crows defence?

Really, only options for capt this week were ablett, swan, s.thompson, pavlich (against a weakened kangas lineup), JB and fev (a risk, but seems to lift for the blockbusters, see rd 4 v collingwood for evidence of this)

They were all above 120, so why is everyone complaining? I don't mean to sound like a t-sser, but who did you pick, if you are not happy with your captain selection???

unless you had cox.........

EDIT: that was referring to my previous post, not bartbart's, which I agree wholeheartedly with

Dropped back another couple of hundred spots to 2,600ish with a 1,905. At least I won my league game. Not very happy though. Would love a week where everything comes together.

It feels like things are simply going through the motions at the moment. Unless you're top 1,000 or in an ultra-competitive league there's bugger all fun in it.

Dropped back another couple of hundred spots to 2,600ish with a 1,905. At least I won my league game. Not very happy though. Would love a week where everything comes together.

It feels like things are simply going through the motions at the moment. Unless you're top 1,000 or in an ultra-competitive league there's bugger all fun in it.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

1) there's ALWAYS fun in beating your mates ;)
2) this is the time when you are setting up for a crack at your league GF and also to give you the best possible chance of finishing as high as you possibly can! The excitement and difficulty of this period of the DT can never EVER be understated!!

but whatever :p

and to all the people complaining about poor choice of captain, may I ask why?

I realise hindsight is a wonderful thing, but did anyone seriously think kane cornes was gonna tear up against the cats at skilled stadium? And buddy at AAMI, against the miserly crows defence?

Really, only options for capt this week were ablett, swan, s.thompson, pavlich (against a weakened kangas lineup), JB and fev (a risk, but seems to lift for the blockbusters, see rd 4 v collingwood for evidence of this)

They were all above 120, so why is everyone complaining? I don't mean to sound like a t-sser, but who did you pick, if you are not happy with your captain selection???

Bit easy to talk it up in hindsight eyy. Well i chose Kane as captain and with good reason too. In the last 5 outings against Geelong he has averaged 124.2, with scores of 108, 123 (Grand Final), 114, 145 and 131. So there is a good reason why people who chose Kane was mad at him, because he usually plays well against Geelong. For those who picked Buddy as captain, well they were just taking a big risk, which if it goes well, has a big reward. I don't think anyone would choose Fev as captain, he is so one dimentional. What if the pies won by 10 goals and carlton only got 50 points, which could realistically have happened the way that the pies have been playing lately. So don't go giving us s*** because we thought our captain would do well!

Bit easy to talk it up in hindsight eyy. Well i chose Kane as captain and with good reason too. In the last 5 outings against Geelong he has averaged 124.2, with scores of 108, 123 (Grand Final), 114, 145 and 131. So there is a good reason why people who chose Kane was mad at him, because he usually plays well against Geelong. For those who picked Buddy as captain, well they were just taking a big risk, which if it goes well, has a big reward. I don't think anyone would choose Fev as captain, he is so one dimentional. What if the pies won by 10 goals and carlton only got 50 points, which could realistically have happened the way that the pies have been playing lately. So don't go giving us s*** because we thought our captain would do well!

alright, sorry mate, but there were plenty more safer options this week IMO

alright, sorry mate, but there were plenty more safer options this week IMO

I went the 'safe' option with Cross against the Brissy unaccountable midfiled. Had a solid history of scores just over 100 and he pulls a 78. And just to rub it in, every other bl**dy doggie midfielder ripped it up instead! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back