AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im Upgrading Travis Johnstone but im not sure who to pick
its either going to be Daniel Cross or marc Murphy

I cant separate them, should i just toss a coin??

Personally id go M Murphy because you know hes never gonna get tagged and is good value for money atm. Then again Cross is a proven DT gun so either way you should be fine

This is my team, just looking for some advice i have 6 trades left and 260k in the bank, one of my trades this week is gonna be gardiner -> white dont know what else to do.

Defenders:
H. Shaw
C. Cornes
D. Milburn
P. Burgoyne
B. Jones
D. Myers
B. Guerra

S. Selwood
B. Wilkes

Mids:
D. Swan
J. Bartel
K. Kornes
C. Ling
N. Stevens
R. Palmer

J. Mcnmara
D. Armfield

Rucks:
D. Cox
M. Gardiner -> J. White

M.Kruezer
W. Sulivan

Forwards:
A. Didak
J. Porplyzia
B. Johnson
J. Brown
P. Chapman
N. Riewoldt

M. Rioli
C. Garland

Im not sure whether i should cash in Rioli so that i will have heaps of money to make upgrades to the best players towards finals time, or use my trade to upgrade either stokes or brett jones to say buddy/pav or mackie/bock.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Trading Rioli in for cash seems a bit of a waste of a trade to me. Fair enough, when it comes to finals time and you can afford to trade him out because you have enough trades, then do it.

These are probably your options for trades:

Code:
BAC
Brett Jones $280,600 71.25     Nathan Bock $345,400   89.75      18.50
David Myers $198,600 57.50     Andrew Mackie $363,800 88.44      17.19
                               Paul Wheatley $358,300 87.40      19.07
C
Cameron Ling $323,700 87.33     Joel Corey $392,700   105.83      18.50
Rhys Palmer $339,100 86.18      Marc Murphy $383,400  101.83      14.50
                                Daniel Cross $379,200 99.25       11.92
FWD
Mathew Stokes $318,200 83.36     Robert Murphy $393,600  100.36     17.00
                                 Lance Franklin $406,400 100.00     16.64

As you can see a Brett Jones (or later Meyers) to Nathan Bock trade will net you the greatest amount of points per week. However, Andrew Mackie will net you a similar amount of points per week and is more consistent then Bock, so that's who I'd be trading in.

Although Corey nets you a similar amount of points per week, I believe that Ling has the ability to get tonnes, whereas I don't think Brett Jones does at all. This year due to Glass' injury, Wilkes inexperience and Hunter's move to the forward line I don't see Bones scoring capacity increasing at all.

With the " No Passengers " recently coming in, i was wondering who everybody thought the best posters were bar the " No passengers " crew ? And would just like to add that i think that the quility of the posts posted have realy picked up from about 3 months ago.
Top work Boys .

With the " No Passengers " recently coming in, i was wondering who everybody thought the best posters were bar the " No passengers " crew ? And would just like to add that i think that the quility of the posts posted have realy picked up from about 3 months ago.
Top work Boys .

thanks mate, we are trying to give back as much as we take by having this private discussion

The ideal situation would be to have a board that can be viewed by all, but not all can post. However that cant be done we are told

Trading Rioli in for cash seems a bit of a waste of a trade to me. Fair enough, when it comes to finals time and you can afford to trade him out because you have enough trades, then do it.

These are probably your options for trades:

Code:
BAC
Brett Jones $280,600 71.25     Nathan Bock $345,400   89.75      18.50
David Myers $198,600 57.50     Andrew Mackie $363,800 88.44      17.19
                               Paul Wheatley $358,300 87.40      19.07
C
Cameron Ling $323,700 87.33     Joel Corey $392,700   105.83      18.50
Rhys Palmer $339,100 86.18      Marc Murphy $383,400  101.83      14.50
                                Daniel Cross $379,200 99.25       11.92
FWD
Mathew Stokes $318,200 83.36     Robert Murphy $393,600  100.36     17.00
                                 Lance Franklin $406,400 100.00     16.64

As you can see a Brett Jones (or later Meyers) to Nathan Bock trade will net you the greatest amount of points per week. However, Andrew Mackie will net you a similar amount of points per week and is more consistent then Bock, so that's who I'd be trading in.

Although Corey nets you a similar amount of points per week, I believe that Ling has the ability to get tonnes, whereas I don't think Brett Jones does at all. This year due to Glass' injury, Wilkes inexperience and Hunter's move to the forward line I don't see Bones scoring capacity increasing at all.

Thanks for that in depth analysis mate, hopefully with your advice ill be able to beat you in our league :p

guys, don't mean to bug sorry, but I think my situation might apply to a few others.

I have ibbo and wonae in my backline, palmer in my midfield and rioli in my forward line. I realise this is sort of a cardinal sin to have 4 rookies starting, but they have all been excellent so far this season, so I'm happy.

However, i'm looking at getting rid of some or all of these 4. My question is which?

Here's a little analysis I did:

Ibbotson: $275,500 - average 72

Been arguably the pick of the bunch, considering he was in few people's calculations at the beginning of 08. Since he got going (3rd game with a 99), he scored 6 consecutive 75+ scores, before last weekends 53. With that in mind, I'm not looking to get rid of him just yet, but I am wary of his less-than-average score last week, and the effect it may have on a suitable trade later in the year, if it is indicative of his form to come.

CONCLUSION: Keep until dropped/rested/injured/suspended. Then upgrade to a Milburn/Birchall/Bradshaw

Wonaeamirri: $246,900 - average 67

A little up and down. Has a BE of 27 this week, thanks to some good scores in the past fortnight. Prone to having the occasional poor week, and is probably too inconsistent to have at finals time.

CONCLUSION: Keep for at least another week, and re-assess then. Probably a rd 15 trade, or there abouts. Up to most likely Milburn or Bradshaw. Perhaps trade Bradshaw in for him, when bradshaw returns?? (or the week after?)

Palmer: $339,100 - average 86

Absolute gun. Three 100+ scores. Apart from worst score of 46, has managed 71, 79 and then 8 scores over 80. Terrific player to have, and is looking more and more a keeper. Only 17 disposals last round, and still collected a very very good 87 - great signs :thumbsu:. With a BE of 31, his price is set to rise even more in the coming fortnight :D

CONCLUSION: Same as Ibbotson. Harvey has hinted he will 'rest' them each before season's end. Perhaps look to upgrade to Corey/Bartel/Murphy/Cross?

Rioli: $254,800 - average 69

Because not a mid, does not get scores over 100, however is still consistent, with only two scores below 60. BE of 42 this week, so maybe a trade after this week is in order? I'm thinking he is the most likely of the four to be traded before anything (eg. injuries or omission) forces my hand.

CONCLUSION: Trade in the coming few weeks. Upgrade to wirrpanda/bradshaw/vince/medhurst.

Thanks for reading, those who did, and thanks in advance for any comments.

Briefly, I'm thinking as follows:

Ibbotson when dropped/injured OUT Birchall IN - about 25k to upgrade
Wonaeamirri in 1-2 weeks OUT Milburn IN - about 75k to upgrade
Palmer when dropped/injured OUT Corey IN - about 55k to upgrade now, but may be less when the time comes
Rioli in 1-2 weeks OUT Bradshaw IN - about 50-60k to upgrade

I have 139k spare cash, which will need to go on the wonae and rioli trades, but I have kreuzer, mckinley and kennedy (later on) to downgrade, so I can make some cash there, so not too concerned.

guys, don't mean to bug sorry, but I think my situation might apply to a few others.

I have ibbo and wonae in my backline, palmer in my midfield and rioli in my forward line. I realise this is sort of a cardinal sin to have 4 rookies starting, but they have all been excellent so far this season, so I'm happy.

However, i'm looking at getting rid of some or all of these 4. My question is which?

Here's a little analysis I did:

Ibbotson: $275,500 - average 72

Been arguably the pick of the bunch, considering he was in few people's calculations at the beginning of 08. Since he got going (3rd game with a 99), he scored 6 consecutive 75+ scores, before last weekends 53. With that in mind, I'm not looking to get rid of him just yet, but I am wary of his less-than-average score last week, and the effect it may have on a suitable trade later in the year, if it is indicative of his form to come.

CONCLUSION: Keep until dropped/rested/injured/suspended. Then upgrade to a Milburn/Birchall/Bradshaw

Wonaeamirri: $246,900 - average 67

A little up and down. Has a BE of 27 this week, thanks to some good scores in the past fortnight. Prone to having the occasional poor week, and is probably too inconsistent to have at finals time.

CONCLUSION: Keep for at least another week, and re-assess then. Probably a rd 15 trade, or there abouts. Up to most likely Milburn or Bradshaw. Perhaps trade Bradshaw in for him, when bradshaw returns?? (or the week after?)

Palmer: $339,100 - average 86

Absolute gun. Three 100+ scores. Apart from worst score of 46, has managed 71, 79 and then 8 scores over 80. Terrific player to have, and is looking more and more a keeper. Only 17 disposals last round, and still collected a very very good 87 - great signs :thumbsu:. With a BE of 31, his price is set to rise even more in the coming fortnight :D

CONCLUSION: Same as Ibbotson. Harvey has hinted he will 'rest' them each before season's end. Perhaps look to upgrade to Corey/Bartel/Murphy/Cross?

Rioli: $254,800 - average 69

Because not a mid, does not get scores over 100, however is still consistent, with only two scores below 60. BE of 42 this week, so maybe a trade after this week is in order? I'm thinking he is the most likely of the four to be traded before anything (eg. injuries or omission) forces my hand.

CONCLUSION: Trade in the coming few weeks. Upgrade to wirrpanda/bradshaw/vince/medhurst.

Thanks for reading, those who did, and thanks in advance for any comments.

Briefly, I'm thinking as follows:

Ibbotson when dropped/injured OUT Birchall IN - about 25k to upgrade
Wonaeamirri in 1-2 weeks OUT Milburn IN - about 75k to upgrade
Palmer when dropped/injured OUT Corey IN - about 55k to upgrade now, but may be less when the time comes
Rioli in 1-2 weeks OUT Bradshaw IN - about 50-60k to upgrade

I have 139k spare cash, which will need to go on the wonae and rioli trades, but I have kreuzer, mckinley and kennedy (later on) to downgrade, so I can make some cash there, so not too concerned.
I'm in/was in a similar position. I have Myers/Palmer and had Rioli. I brought in Myers in hope of him scoring well and possibly being my 7th back. I traded out Bradshaw because when he comes back, he's not going to score 6 every week. He doesn't lead up the ground and will go back to scoring 60's with the odd 90/30. Myers will probably score similarly. With the cash I upgraded Rioli -> Chapman. After downgrading Ebert, I can upgrade Pfeiffer -> Birchall and have 100k leftover. It would then only cost me a further 50k to upgrade Palmer -> Bartel/Kornes. The other option is using the 100k on Myers and upgrading him to an 80ppw player. I look at it like this, I am spending 50k for a 15-20ppw increase if I trade Palmer. Or I am spending 100k to earn a 15-20ppw increase. You tell me which option is better...

I believe you shouldn't trade in Bradshaw. You should look to get Guns. Bradshaw in you forward line is not a gun. Only upgrade Ibbo if he gets rested. Wona -> Birchall is a good trade. Palmer probably should be upgraded because you can get a 100+ppw player for less than 50k. Finally Rioli should be upgraded to a 95+ppw Forward. If you cant afford them then consider Palmer -> Mitchell to earn a bit of cash. Try to keep some spare cash in case of Ibbo getting dropped/rested.

Guys, no matter who you've got in your backline, just leave this area alone unless:

a) There is a standout upgrade option (which there is not atm)
b) You have no other weaknesses and the trades to do it
c) You have a LTI

The reason I say this is because the backlines are very thin this year and upgrading a rookie defender is going to deliver you less of a points upgrade than upgrading a rookie midfielder. Just wait, the backs should be your last completed line, this way you can wait to find a true standout backman but at this stage who knows if its going to be Mackie, Bock, what will happen with Chad, etc etc.
Focus on getting your mids right first would be my advice. (But dont trade Palmer!)

I'm in/was in a similar position. I have Myers/Palmer and had Rioli. I brought in Myers in hope of him scoring well and possibly being my 7th back. I traded out Bradshaw because when he comes back, he's not going to score 6 every week. He doesn't lead up the ground and will go back to scoring 60's with the odd 90/30. Myers will probably score similarly. With the cash I upgraded Rioli -> Chapman. After downgrading Ebert, I can upgrade Pfeiffer -> Birchall and have 100k leftover. It would then only cost me a further 50k to upgrade Palmer -> Bartel/Kornes. The other option is using the 100k on Myers and upgrading him to an 80ppw player. I look at it like this, I am spending 50k for a 15-20ppw increase if I trade Palmer. Or I am spending 100k to earn a 15-20ppw increase. You tell me which option is better...

I believe you shouldn't trade in Bradshaw. You should look to get Guns. Bradshaw in you forward line is not a gun. Only upgrade Ibbo if he gets rested. Wona -> Birchall is a good trade. Palmer probably should be upgraded because you can get a 100+ppw player for less than 50k. Finally Rioli should be upgraded to a 95+ppw Forward. If you cant afford them then consider Palmer -> Mitchell to earn a bit of cash. Try to keep some spare cash in case of Ibbo getting dropped/rested.

cheers mate, firstly thanks for reading, then thanks for replying :thumbsu:

A question I think many people will have to answer this week is whether they want Nick Stevens in their team come Rd 22. He has a breakeven of 149 and there are several options either below, the same price or just above him that coulld cost you next to nothing but could possibly gain you 20-30ppw best case scenario, but could also lose you 5-10ppw worst case scenario. Were people to trade Stevens some good options would be Bartel, Kornes, Corey, Bruce, Murphy, Priddis, Cross, Goodwin, Goodes (especiall if he has his standard late season domination), Hodge, Hayes, Green, Mitchell. These midfielders are at a range of prices with the highest only around 30k above Stevens. This trade could greatly separate you from the pack whilst possible making some money although it is associated with some risk. It is the last week to do this trade so if you are to do it this is the week. IMO the question behind the question is why has he scored poorly in the last 2 weeks when he had been consistently good?

If you are going to trade out Stevens its to get a player that everyone doesnt have in my opinion, so look at the league teams and pick someone that maybe only a couple of teams have. No point trading him if you are just going to get another guy that has over 30,000 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats everyone doing with Rioli.. are youse planning on taking him to the finals??

my forward line is:

Franklin
Murphy
Pavlich
S. Johnson
O'Keefe
Riewoldt
Rioli

hes good value, but is there any good in trading him?? my forward line scores exceptionally well, week in week out

If you are going to trade out Stevens its to get a player that everyone doesnt have in my opinion, so look at the league teams and pick someone that maybe only a couple of teams have. No point trading him if you are just going to get another guy that has over 30,000 picks.

Thats exactly what i am thinking......i am looking at Embley atm. Only 3500 odd picks and has been scoring very well.

I could go with Bartell/Corey/Cooney but alot of teams above me have him and i don't think anyone has Embley. So he may just give me the edge.

I am not sure though because i can also upgrade Mattner to Bock, giving me a backline of H.Shaw, Milburn, Birchall, P.Burg, Chad, Bock(Mattner), Goddard. Thats pretty dam awesome if you ask me....:p.

Or i can tade Stevens to Embley giving me a midfield of Swan, Cross, Goodes, Embley (Stevens), Salopek and Palmer.

Hrrrrm not sure.....:confused:.

dtneraigntheend.jpg

What would you do this week.

6 trades + 50k in bank ..thinking of trading either

Cassisi,Mooney,Bones,Rioli Or Browne !

this one saints?

if so, brett jones is probably a goner before season's end i'd say

mids are nice, but cassisi should be out i reckon

rucks :thumbsu:

forwards good, but rioli should go (and possibly mooney)

as for your bench, you have wonae who can easily score you 170k - downgrade to ward/valenti/another mid. It helps having him in your midfield, more choices for downgrading. Browne probably wait on for a couple more weeks i reckon before getting rid of him

So I would reckon your most required trades are:

Wonae out - as this will earn you the cash you need for other upgrades
Then you'll have ~230k for:

Jones up to a wheatley? Or someone similar, maybe newman/chad cornes? I woulda suggested milburn and birchall, but.... Also, Heath Shaw is below 300k this week after his shocker, but you have him also! I'd be saying jones --> Chad, costing you about 70k

cassisi up to corey/bartel for about 50k is a no-brainer I think

Then Rioli up to someone like Bradshaw (if you want spare cash) or a Medhurst (if you want to get the best possible). I'm doing Rioli --> Medhurst in the near future, so that's my suggestion, but it is up to you.

So, if you go for rioli--> bradshaw, you would have approx 60k in the bank with 2 trades

Otherwise rioli --> medhurst leaves you with about 20k, but your team will have improved by about 65 ppw

As I say, its my opinion, you have to decide depending on your overall ranking and league situation.

Good luck :thumbsu:

Is it safe to say that the 'old Chad' is well and truly back?

Or is there still an injury concern that may effect his scores?

I think I might look on from the sidelines for one more week to see how he goes against the tiges this week. Even if he rips it up, He's only going up by 6 or 7k or so.

And with a b/e of 40 odd, Wonna may even be able to match any rise Chad's price. But then he is playing Sydney.

:confused:

I think I might look on from the sidelines for one more week to see how he goes against the tiges this week. Even if he rips it up, He's only going up by 6 or 7k or so.

And with a b/e of 40 odd, Wonna may even be able to match any rise Chad's price. But then he is playing Sydney.

I think he is getting there...

Realistically based upon what has been said chad has been playing for a while " injured "...

If I had my time again I wouldnt have selected chad...

Maybe think of Bock, Malceski, Macdonald instead...

:thumbsu:

What would you do in my situation??

Need to Upgrade:
Myers 198,600 last 2 weeks 71 50 BE 16 (waiting a week)
Mattner 291,600 last 2 weeks 74 66 BE 61

Upgrade Targets:
BURGOYNE 314,000 last 2 weeks 83 95 BE 39 (this week)
Fisher 353,200 last 2 weeks 111 87 BE 46 (this week)
Birchall 299,400 last 2 weeks 24 87 BE 95 (wait a week)
Milburn 318,400 last 2 weeks 83 84 BE 52 (this week)
Bock 345,400 last 2 weeks 58 151 BE 30 (this week)
Johncock 331,300 last 2 weeks 74 129 BE 26 (this week)

Need to upgrade:
Rioli 254,800 last 2 weeks 72 62 BE 42 (wait/this week)

Upgrade Targets:
Murphy 393,600 last 2 weeks 83 122 BE 67 (this week)
Pavlich 391,300 last 2 weeks 97 123 BE 50 (this week)
Franklin 406,400 last 2 weeks 138 66 BE 76 (wait two weeks?)
Chapman 368,800 last 2 weeks 59 97 BE 98 (wait/this week)
O'KEEFE 352,400 last 2 weeks 94 91 BE 59 (this week)

Money in the Bank

181 800

Im thinking this week;

Rioli --> Chapman (price reasons)

Next week;

Myers/Mattner (depending on BE's) --> Birchall

I then have the rest of the season to wait until another back is underperforming and pick them up. Thoughts?

Anyone completed their team yet?

Backs: Shaw, Cornes, Milburn, Pburg, Birchall, Goddard, Ibbotson
Mids: Ablett, Thompson, Swan, Bartel, Kornes, Stevens
Rucks: Cox, Simmonds
Forwards: Pavlich, Didak, JBrown, Deledio, Johnson, Porplyzia, Chapman

I'm going for overall ranking, have five trades left and about $45k in the bank. Problem is I'm about 430 points off the leader, and only have 8 different players in the starting 22 compared to him. Keep this team and keep the trades/cash for later?

I'm going for overall ranking, have five trades left and about $45k in the bank. Problem is I'm about 430 points off the leader, and only have 8 different players in the starting 22 compared to him. Keep this team and keep the trades/cash for later?

Go for the jugular.

Cash another cow so you have enough to go Ibboton -> Bock/Joncock

What the hell, you only live once. :D

I think (and hope) is back because im picking him up this week. Watched his game against Geelong, and he didn't look to be hampered by any knee injury, and he was smothering with the two hands rather than the one 3 weeks back

Hasn't actually been too bad in the last month besides his game against his bogey team in Carlton

Pls help 6 trades and 35k in the bank

Backs

Milburn
B Jones
Chad
Shaw
Moore
Wona
Bradshaw
Myers
Selwood

Cross
Kornes
Ablett
Hayes
Palmer
Swan
Armfield
Browne

Cox
Simmo
Berger
Krueze

Guido
Riewalt
BJ
J Brown
Buddy
Burton
Pavlich
Tippett
Jetta

Defense is a big problemo

Looking at Moore for Hargraves this week
and Birch 4 Moore next week

Any opinions please?

Nice, your definitely in with a chance imo

Who are your 8 diff players and whose on ur bench?

Imo u could upgrade Ibbo and/or Simmonds which would definitely improve ur score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back